Isaac
Earlier this year

Isaac Humphries gets NBA 10-Day with Atlanta

Topic #45019 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Earlier this year

The pathway from G-League to the NBA is now becoming a legitimate route, albeit even if a player only gets a 10 day from it.

Players seem to be targeting this pathway more and more;

If you trust in your ability, you can now go to a G-League team, work your butt off and if you produce there, you can earn a call up.

Could you imagine how many more players would be interested in the G-League if salaries were a tad higher i.e. all it would take would be $0.5m to $1m more from an NBA team and it would be huge.

Something tells me though that the NBA don't want the G-League to be 'too good' otherwise it could compete with the NBA (but the G-League teams operate in smaller towns away from the main cities and I couldn't ever see them legitimately taking market share anyway), but alas.

Reply #739721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

He's a poor mans Mozgov!!!

Reply #739724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

He showed not much at kings, I don't see it but good luck to him.

Reply #739726 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Earlier this year

Was on a shambles of a Kings team with Gaze coaching.
Appears to have taken massive steps forward in G League.
Good luck to him.

Reply #739738 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Juno 42

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Westside Basketball Association
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 pm, Sat 21 Sep 2019 | Posts: 791,004 | Last 7 days: 1,371