Anonymous
Years ago

LaMelo Ball to the NBL?

"He's going to be playing overseas, either Australia or China, one of the two" -Lavar

Topic #45045 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Video link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBL/status/1112577980205662210

Reply #740066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Premier League?

Gossip last week about Lonzo covering up his BBB tattoo and so on. Happy for the circus to come here, just a team I don't care for. Set up some Homicide and Lavar chat.

Reply #740071 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

China where his brother stole and his Father said it was 'nuthin'?

Please be China.

Reply #740074 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Please go to China.

Reply #740082 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

I dont want the Ball's in the NBL, please go to China or anywhere else.

Reply #740083 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I for one, would entertain the idea of Lamelo playing in the NBL for a club like Adelaide, that plays a more up-tempo type of basketball that Joey likes. Of course under the NBL Next Stars program. Also, Joey has been big for player development, and would be great to see where he could take Lamelo's game. Resigning Randle would also be a positive, as he could mentor Lamelo, the way he did with Feguson and Bowen. That would be awesome to watch, and surely likely to bring more people to games.

Reply #740084 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

*signing

Reply #740085 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Nailed it, anon

Reply #740088 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Resigning Randle would also be a positive, as he could mentor Lamelo, the way he did with Feguson and Bowen

This is a very good rationale for bringing neither back to the Sixers.

Reply #740089 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

So long as the terms are set in concrete prior to the contract and Adelaide enforces a 'no dickhead' policy, LaMelo would be a good addition to the team

Reply #740090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its probably USA April fools day

Reply #740092 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agreed, Manu. This could be positive for both Lamelo, and the NBL. More NBA scouts to our games, means more likely for other Australian players to also get a look, and more international publicity for the league as well.

Reply #740093 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Please let this be a joke - surely the NBL isn't THAT desperate that they’d want a dickhead like this (plus his father as associated baggage) in the league.

I can see many bench techs if this comes about - it won’t be long before his dad is banned from being anywhere near the bench.

Reply #740096 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Can you imagine if Ball came to the Sixers?

I'd put money Wright will clash with Lavar by Round 1.

Reply #740103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not even a fan of the family, but i hope they throw some money at them to get him to come to the league.

Whether you like it or not it would be one of the biggest signings ever in the NBL. There are tens of thousands of basketball fans in Australia and millions around the world that wouldn't have given a shit about an aging Bogut playing NBL, but would show at least a little bit of interest in one of the biggest up and coming names in basketball.

The video the NBL posted has nearly 30k views in just 3hrs, and their most recent one of him in NBL jerseys passed 10k views in under an hour, which is pretty big for the NBL page.

It'll bring so much exposure to the league, get new people along to games, up TV ratings, create world wide media interest, bring more scouts, other young players will hear about the NBL as a pathway.

I also think it would be really beneficial for Lamelo too

Reply #740112 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

He is signing with the Adelaide 36ers.

Reply #740120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree the Sixers are the best landing spot for LaMelo

Reply #740127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not going to Australia it’s the big balller way

Reply #740129 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide and "no dickhead policy" that is funny shit.

Reply #740135 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

hahaha touche

Reply #740139 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"biggest up and coming names in basketball."

Only because his Dad is a douche. Basketball talent wise he's nothing special

Reply #740163 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Especially in LA, where it's all about being a 'celebrity’, no matter why.

I agree with Duke Fan - he’s nothing special, and certainly not deserving of his dad’s hype.

Reply #740167 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, last think the league needs is excitement, entertainment, international exposure, or free publicity.
Basketball needs to go back to its roots, being a sport for white kids too clumsy to play footy.
And whilst we're at it, can we please sack Homicide, and have Redhage and Tragardh commentate all games.

Reply #740225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's still seen as a potential lottery pick. He's currently 6'6 which makes him taller than almost every NBA PG and most NBA SGs. He's an elite shooter/passer and has potential, so i wouldn't say he's "nothing special".

Yeah he's overhyped and gets way more attention than he should due to his dad and family name, but that's what would make him such a big coupe for the NBL. While he's not really deserving of the amount of hype, his name makes him one of the biggest and most recognizable names in basketball.

There are already thousands of comments on posts about him potentially coming to Australia and people showing more of an interest in the NBL. From a purist standpoint for people who are NBL fans yeah he's not really someone they necessarily need or want, but it's about growing the league and bringing in new fans. The NBL has improved drastically in recent years, yet it still struggles to tap into the market of basketball fans in Australia. So many people love basketball in Australia but don't give a shit about the NBL, a move like this is about engagingly those people and it's a pretty huge market to tap into.

Reply #740229 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Yeah D2.0, because everywhere Lavar Ball sticks his nose ends up with such a positive result. I guess if you take the "any publicity is good publicity" tack then you might be into it
And as far as you making it a black/white thing, well that's just ridiculous. There are thousands of African American kids that could come to the NBL and bring value and it would be great to see. I just don't see that the NBL needs to be Ball's next plaything to try and grab some publicity then walk away from after he creates a shitfight

Reply #740259 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754