Dickie V
Years ago

College players coming back to Premier League

Who is coming back for clubs - Male and female players. Seniors finishing and/or Freshman - Juniors returning in the next month to help their clubs mid-season.
Example
Tom Kubank UMARY NCAA2 Graduated - West Adelaide
Nick Marshall CLARKE NAIA Freshman - North Adelaide

Please keep this post positive as its not intended to be a dig at these players or their clubs but more of an awareness of who is where and who is returning.
Perhaps Janx who has his finger on the pulse more than most of us could help?

Topic #45046 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finger on the pulse, or hand in the cookie jar?

Reply #740097 | Report this post

Dickie V  
Years ago

Please no bagging, I know little about Andrew and what he does but believe he would have a good understanding of who is where (from SA clubs).

Reply #740098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Dickie V!

To be honest I don't have a lot of coverage over the guys outside my own club, former players of mine or athletes we don't have as "featured athletes" on our site.

Bar Uche who went to High School to continue his journey, for a variety of reasons including getting more exposure. So he didn't need my assistance (albeit we have done a few little projects together and I do have a good relationship with the coach at his school).

You could assume some of the reasons Uche left, by the way, were that we traditionally have not supported kids very well in that space here in SA and due to a lack of athletes of that calibre in years gone by overall, there was not really much of spotlight on SA talent.

The featured athletes and Uche happen to be all the division 1 college men from South Australia. They are not able to play here in the offseason and I doubt their schools would want to them to play locally here either. They are all in their fresman or sophomore seasons right now.

Here is what I do know that I can share here. The ones who MIGHT be eligible to play locally and MAYBE willing to:
Harry Reesmt - Juco - finished his 2 yrs - Sturt junior
Jack Turnbull - NAIA - finished his 4 yrs - Sturt junior
Jordan Heading - Provisional D1 NCAA - completed 4 yrs - Sturt junior

Ryan Girardi - Juco - should be able to play - Norwood Junior
Ben Janssen - D2 - should be able to play - Norwood Junior

Koen Sapwell - D2 - should be able to play - Centrals junior

Ray Harding - Juco - should be able to play in the offseason - North junior

I am mostly not sure what these 7 guys plan to do in offseason.

Anon; thanks for your post regarding my volunteer work/hobby. I'm not too sure what you are referring to. I jokingly tell the kids and families I work with when they ask how much they should pay is I work for "free tickets" and "free merch" so I can proudly watch them play and so that myself, my family and friends can proudly rep them and their schools around town. Nothing better basketball-wise than sitting in the gym, front row seeing a former player dominate vs Team USA at world championships, or drop player drop 20 down in LA live in an 8,000 seat gym.

Happy for you to post here or hear directly any concerns you have of substance. Just hit me up with details and I will gladly have a conversation :)

Reply #740109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PS: I'm sure there are guys I forgot and sorry if that's the case. Am keen to hear of others forsure.

Reply #740110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Crickets......

Reply #740147 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure of his plans, George Blagojevic is graduating from D1 Hartford this summer in the US. Would be a great wing man at 6'8' on any Aussie roster.

Already have seen Cohen Blythe also from Geelong on the Supercats roster after a brief stint in the US college system and returning after a year or so Jordan O'Leary is gaining big numbers on the Stingrays Youth League team, likely next season he will be playing at a higher level.

Still a few over there from the Geelong region, those are the ones I am aware have or are about to come back.

Reply #740148 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754