Isaac
Years ago

Kings sign Saint Mary's graduate Jordan Hunter

Topic #45063 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Can't say I'm familiar with him, but happy to have a young prospect big onboard.

Reply #740267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great pickup.

Reply #740278 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Solid player. Was most outstanding player in WCC Tournament when Saint Mary's went on to beat #1 Gonzaga.

I can't help but think he may end up being a bit like Dane Pineau.

Reply #740279 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Not overly gifted offensively but an extremely good rim protector and rebounder. That being said, he is more than capable at finishing at the rim if catching the ball low enough. A good complimentary piece and backup big to Bogut

Reply #740282 | Report this post

Greenie  
Years ago

Saint Mary's and bigs, I just can't get Ben Allen out of my head

Reply #740287 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

As far as bigs go Hunter and Allen couldn't be more different. Allen was a shooting 5/4 without much D, where as Hunter doesn't have the shot of Allen and plays more as a defensive anchor inside without much of an extended shot at this stage

Reply #740288 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Spot on AKA.

Reply #740290 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Sounds like it's a solid pick up and a local boy instead of a Melbourne one, which is great... Pineau went downhill last season due to lack of playing time and whatnot, but the season before, when given the time, he improved well... Hopefully Coach W can work with him and give him the chances he needs to prove himself... At least it won't get crowded with Kickert allergic to rebounding and rim protecting...

Reply #740292 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Haha
That's the problem with unisex given names!

obviously know nothing abut the lad, but nice to see some young talent getting signed.
FA period has certainly been interesting to date.

3 year deal they must see some positives with the guy.

Reply #740294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this kid James Hunters brother, there father is a rocker ( can't remember band name) and if so they do live in Sydney but are kiwis.
Looks a reasonable pick up though. I think there is another kiwi called jack Salt who looks the goods as well.

Reply #740301 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The big negative with Pineau is that although he's listed at 6'9, he looks a small 6'9, and his wingspan looks about 6'3... Plus no upperbody strength. Puts in 110% effort, but he's always going to struggle individually on D down low, and offensively provides nothing unless gifted the ball an inch from the hoop and in the clear. A little extra height for Jordan at least, hopefully he's able to hold his own defensively. Going to watch some clips tonight to try get a better feel for his game.

Reply #740302 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Way better defender than Pineau, but not sure if he's a better public speaker??

Reply #740303 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wonder if Pineau gets a contract offer again being Bogut's MC/hype man?

Reply #740310 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

James Hunter is Todd Hunter's son. Don;t know if is his brother or not.

Todd Hunter formed the band Dragon in the 1970s. His late, younger brother Marc was also in the band and was well known as its lead singer. They came from Auckland to Sydney in the 70s. Terrific band. One of their signature songs is doing the rounds on tv in an advert at the moment - "April sun in Cuba".

Reply #740314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's his brothers son, Marc who died in 1988. If correct that would make James and Jordan cousins.

Reply #740316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. You guys crack me up with your expert opinions.

Jordan Hunter's father (Prof. David Hunter) is a well known and respected surgeon in Sydney & is married to Jordan's mother, Joanna Baxter/Hunter. Joanna's sister (Erica Baxter/Packer) was once married to James Packer.

Reply #740328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who really cares who his family is, not an episode of Who do you think you are!

Reply #740329 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Classic Hoops.

Reply #740343 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

This place really IS great sometimes... lol...

Reply #740351 | Report this post

K4L  
Years ago

"Pineau went downhill last season due to lack of playing time and whatnot, but the season before, when given the time, he improved well."

LOL. I called this guy out as soon as he entered the NBL. Chicken flap then fouls. No outside shot. For 6'9 he can't dunk, can only score with lay-ups, even when he is open close to the ring.

Hopefully, the Melbourne Tigers will keep him.

Reply #740355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
Pineau senior and Gaze are mates, that always helps. Kings would be mad to bring him back.

Reply #740356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao Anonymous up there is clearly Jordan Hunter. Knows everyone in his families maiden names. Has to be him right?

Reply #740364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754