Master Chief
Years ago

Wortho/Homicide on 36ers-Wright situation

Worthington: "But Joey's one of, if not the best coach in our league and, you're right. Whatever Adelaide’s doing right now, Adelaide’s management is taking what the Adelaide players do on the court. They’re taking fuckery to another level."

Von Hofe: “The fuckery is real with Adelaide."
Full story

This should get this forum talking. That's all I will say.

Topic #45068 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the fuckery is going on.....
Probably on point though.

Reply #740371 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Can't be bothered reading the article.
Do like the word fuckery though.

Reply #740375 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

It's not really surprising at this point.

Love the club but hate the direction ownership seems to be taking... what can ya do?

Reply #740376 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Who is Von Hofe?

Reply #740379 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ex-Melbourne United development player.

Reply #740383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's tough being an Adelaide supporter, they better do something quickly or the whole organisation will left with nothing and the entertainment centre will be empty.

Reply #740384 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It seems the gist of it is in their opinion the Sixers are trying to force Joey to quit because he wants to sign Trimble but the club want to sign Randle instead, another player with Joey issues.

Wortho also says Sobey wasn't shit at Cairns until he came to Adelaide to play under Joey and that Creek also wasn't shit until Joey came here. Wasn't Creek a highly coveted junior that was considered a bit of a coup when Marty Clarke brought him to Adelaide?

Reply #740385 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If the club were really trying to force Joey to quit don't you think they would've done it before Sobey left the club? Sobey's gone so what difference does it make now the horse has already bolted.

Reply #740386 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Yeah I call BS on this 'Fvckery'.

Doesn't gel right, Wright has brought results, like him or hate him he'd brought the results and recruited the right people (exceptions being Ebi and Adris).

Why want him out now? He's been the same since day 1.

Reply #740395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Von Hofe should ask himself, what the fuc...are you doing young man?

Reply #740399 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Joey has a legacy of being the talked up coach that doesn't get results. 1 NBL championship with the most stacked team in history.

He isn't Dean Demopolous or Marty Clarke but he isn't Rob Beveridge, Brian Goorjian or Dean Vickerman either.

Reply #740400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Von Hofe ex Tigers, ex Melbourne United DP, now bench player at Cobras, loves the game, trying to make a career promoting sports betting, commentating nbl and now saying f.... too many times. Sad case, what happened....... Should have got an overseas contract after a successful time at a good USA Uni....

Reply #740401 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Joey, needs to grow as a coach....he acts like he has no more to learn(a big mistake)also,'my way or the highway' doesn't work anymore!!

Reply #740402 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Silencer83....name me an squad that wasn't stacked in which Rob Beveridge, Brian Goorjian or Dean Vickerman have won a Championship with - I'll wait.

Skull...I believe Joey has been growing as a coach as evidenced by his position on the coaching staff at SL etc..

Appears the Joey/Sobey situation has been blown way out of proportion - I think it is just more a case of Sobey being offered more money and an opportunity to play under the close eye of the National coach in a period that includes the WC's and Olympics.

Reply #740422 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I'm off the Joey hype train.

The victim / negativity stuff wasn't a good look.

Sucks to be a life long supporter and now detest the club administration.

Reply #740833 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Silencer83....name me an squad that wasn't stacked in which Rob Beveridge, Brian Goorjian or Dean Vickerman have won a Championship with - I'll wait.

Bevo won that championship with :

- Paul Rogers not playing for most of the season, including the all the playoffs.
- An old Cattalini.
- An absolutely terrible Luke Schenscher who was unable to catch, rebound, block shots. Even Bevo's attempts to channel the offence through him were laughable.
- Galen Yound as the other import.
- Brad Robbins.

Perth won that championship because :

- Kevin Lisch went into beast mode in Game 3.
- Damian Martin's defense on Rhys Martin.
- Tywain McKee (who was a very good import) got injured in the latter half of the season and all of the playoffs.
- His replacement was Luke Martin who was working 9 - 5 before McKee went down.
- Luke Schenscher got limited opportunities to be awful despite Bevo starting him.

I would not say that that Bevo's team was stacked, in fact it could be the worst Wildcats championship team of all time.

Reply #740839 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It was. I travelled for that GF series and was in person for all three games. In terms of quality it was the worst GF series in NBL history.

Reply #740841 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754