D2.0
Years ago

Wildcats re-sign Martin & Wagstaff

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/legendary-duo-re-sign

Topic #45075 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

Hardly a shock, but good to get them locked in and squared away.

Damo has been signed to one year. I guess its a year-by-year prospect for him from now on, depending on how his body holds up.

Wagstaff has been signed for two years. Interesting, but I'd say he's easily got two years in him as a bench player. Just going t be interesting to see how they replace Hire & Brandt.

Reply #740460 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Martin gets another year to pass the torch to Norton.
Wagstaff is a good signing still has something to offer off the bench.

How they replace Brandt will be interesting (import maybe) but I think they need youth to replace Hire.

Wouldn't mind seeing Perth sign a next star prospect.

Reply #740462 | Report this post

Neb  
Years ago

Pretty sure you can replace Hire with one of the floor wipers.

Reply #740467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^
Says a person that's probably not good enough to wipe the floors. Let us how good your career was. Neb.

Reply #740472 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Re Damo passing the torch, yes its great to have such a succession plan in place, brilliantly done. We use this line a lot, but in this case I genuinely think Norton can learn a lot from Damo.
And you can just imagine the looks on opposing guards faces; "oh their starters are resting, they've brought on (perennial DPoY) Martin"

As for how long he continues on. I think it will partly be his body, and partly the future plans for backup PG that guide Damo.
Perhaps also family plans? Still a few years yet before Maggie goes to School, but if they plan on having more than a couple they might want to move closer to family.

Whilst he's added a few extra-curricular strings to his bow, I wonder if coaching is in his future? He seems to be someone who would be great in a development and mentoring role.

As for Hire & Brandt's replacement, I only mention it in the context of how they plan to use Wagstaff.
Hopefully Vague will continue to develop and play more off a role. Jesse will be great value off the bench, but his days as the 6th man are behind him.

Reply #740507 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wildcats sticking with the tried and true formula for success

Reply #740534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754