Anon
Years ago

Cam Bairstow FA, Best Fit?

Since Brisbane have declined the team option on Bairstow, where do you see him going?

A lot of possible places at the moment.

Do Perth chase after him to sort of continue that trend of having an Aussie Core, with the departure of Angus Brandt?

Will SEM have enough to afford Bairstow? How would he fit with Wesley?

Are United a chance to bring him in?

Can Cairns make a strong play, and pair him with Jawai (if re-signed)?

Could a DJ/Bairstow front court work at Adelaide? Surely there's some cap available after the departure of Sobes and Majok?

How are Illawarra looking at in terms of Bigs?

Topic #45076 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide would be great Wiley SF Cam PF DJ C

Reply #740506 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth could go for him therefore keeping third import spot available.
Fits in Adelaide potentially but it would be good for Cairns or Illawarra to get a high calibre player like him.

Would be an upgrade over Wear at Sydney

Reply #740509 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Honestly, I think just about anywhere.

I tend to think probably not Perth, as he would fill a similar role to Kay. (Unless Trev wants to try a new front court approach?)

Adelaide would make an awesome lineup, DJ, Bair, and Wiley. It would take off some of the pressure caused by the loss of Creek and Sobey, although it would mean playing Wiley at SF, which tends to go against current trends.

Him to Sydney, alongside Bogut, with Kickert off the bench, would be a game-changer.

Depending on what happens with Bonne, and/or any replacement, he would be a great fit at Melbourne. Gives them the option of playing at PF when Pledge is on, and moving him to C with Barlowe at the 4.

Reply #740510 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I reckon Perth or Adelaide...

Reply #740535 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I like him on Perth. A club with a winning culture that actually know what a quality basketball player looks like.

Imagine him running a pick and roll with Marto! Opposition teams are already losing sleep over that one. Or just think of him drawing that double team down low and then finding Cotton for an open three. Forget about it! He'll be finding Wagstaff cutting hard to the cup all day and using his high IQ to add to the superb Perth offence.

I'm liking this idea actually. F Brisbane, they didn't deserve him!

Reply #740569 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth sure do have a winning culture

Reply #740572 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Jick before you get upset, is it possible Brisbane were paying too much for what they were getting?

He is a solid contributor but I have not seen much that previously warranted an NBA contract.

Last season Jett, Wiley and Conklin scored more than Bairstow.

Would you begrudge Brisbane for trying to find value?

Reply #740578 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Seriously he's not even a starter in the NBL considering he's a massive injury query & he's output has been very average since being back home.

Reply #740586 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Thunder Jam - barely a starter? Get a brain, man!

Love Broker, I agree in general teams should seek out value but the Big Bear's contributions to a team go way beyond scoring. What about rebounding, boxing out, passing from the post and excellent hand-offs on the perimeter? You can't overlook his screen-setting, locker room presence and leadership either.

Reply #740616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a sixth man, max twenty minutes per game

Reply #740618 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Surprised he hasn't landed somewhere yet.

I thought he was a very good player before the injury, and from what I saw he did well when he finally made it back.

Are there still question marks over his health? Has he re-injured something?

Or is he simply asking for too much?

Fact is that signing quality locals is always a priority, and always difficult, and has been made worse this time by the introduction of another team, and by a number of departures from the league.

Reply #742225 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I imagine there's a few teams bidding for his services. His injury history is a bit of a risk - teams might be reluctant to throw a multi-year deal at him.

Reply #742231 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like teys.

Reply #742234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide needs a talent influx and with departures should have some cash, problem is will they spend it. Also, can't see Bairstow and Wiley starting together with DJ, would either be happy coming off bench? Would good be a changeup in styles and a good 3 man big rotation. Problem was locking in Wiley despite not having a truly dominant season.
With the new Melbourne team coming in it really has dried up free agents. Adnam and Gibson would have been good pickups, Moller even better.

Reply #742239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754