Anonymous
Years ago

World Cup Broadcast?

Any idea who is broadcasting the World Cup? All games or will just be boomers / USA games and the finals?

Topic #45181 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Fox Sports and they have the rights to the entire tournament.

Reply #743040 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Oh, I heard that to view the WC's & Olymps you need the 5G (internet) or 4K (TV). Any truth?

I have Fox but don't get their 4K channel. Don't care, unless it's necessary for those events.

Reply #743045 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Lol where are you getting that information from? I highly doubt that to be the case.

Reply #743050 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

robt lolwut

Reply #743058 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Robt
1) That doesn't make sense (only 5G lolwut)
2) You are going crazy

If you have Fox Sports in any way ur fine

Reply #743061 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Did not make it up but also did not know validity of what I heard. That's why I asked.

On a news podcast, ABC, a discussion re the NBN, it was said that the Olympics would be broadcast in 8G, world-wide. As we have only got up to 5G here, we wouldn't be getting vision.

...is what I heard!

(what is "lolwut"? I know the "lol" bit.)

Reply #743070 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I can sit here quite comfortably and say that, no matter what ABC might be talking about, Australia will have perfectly fine access to the Olympics and anything else. We're behind the 8 ball on intenet, sure. But we're not so terrible that we're going to miss it. there will be ways to see it undoubtedly. And then you have the TV channels who are shelling out millions for the rights. You'll see Olympic basketball. Worry not.

Reply #743071 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Phuuuuuu. Thanks, really. Hoped so all along but, yeah our internet is not good, is it?

Reply #743074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754