PeterJohn
Years ago

White and Dillon to Adelaide?

Liam Santamaria has posted speculation that Daniel Dillon and Kevin White are being linked to Adelaide. Appears in his free agency update posted today (http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/taking-the-pulse-of-nbl20-free-agency).

What do people think?

Seems a bit underwhelming.

Topic #45186 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

A tad underwhelming.

Reply #743184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like we are looking at something like

Johnson/??
Wiley/Andersen
Drmic/McVeigh
Moore/White/Teys
Import/Dillon

The import PG is going to need to be really good, which Joey has a decent track record of finding

If we play the starting 5 major minutes we probably similar ish to last year, we see too much from that bench, dont get the import PG right then we in trouble i reckon

Reply #743185 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

God I hope so. I was really starting to worry that Sydney would sign Kev White.

Reply #743187 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If true as suggested by Boti last week that Harry Froling is unlikely to be coming back and Wiley may possibly be gone too then this will be a very rough season for the Sixers.

These two signings are white flag stuff just making sure we've got enough players to meet the roster requirements.

Reply #743189 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

My God, the thought of a Kevin White/Brenton Teys guard combo is inspiring

Reply #743191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Brenton Teys is a great player

Reply #743192 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Has anyone seen a mock draft that even lists Froling? Where is this idea that he will be drafted coming from? I would've thought he’d be drafted deep 2nd round at best and even if that happens, surely the most likely scenario is that they let him develop in the NBL for a couple more years?

As far as White and Dillon go... meh whatever... solid bench guys but not addressing the huge holes in the Sixers roster.

What’s changed with Wiley? I thought he had supposedly signed already?

Reply #743193 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

A non-shooter/scorer like White would be an unlike-Joey signing.

Reply #743196 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Beantown - I seem to remember Brad Newley went 2nd round (54) and was told to go to Europe to develop instead of playing for Sixers. Same thing may happen to Froling.

Reply #743197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Normally a supporter of how 6ers do things despite the doomsday predictions but I am getting worried. Froling goes we are screwed but I think he'll stay for at least another year. After nbl talk regarding Bogut it should be an advantage, however his constant walkouts of college programs may come back to bite him.
Best case scenario is if Wiley gets released, handy, but not a franchise player. Get stud guard and 3/4 And things may be ok. Have to hope McVeigh steps up and Drmic becomes a consistent star. Bench is problem though

Reply #743199 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Bairstow not linked anywhere...is there something wrong with him?

Reply #743203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti is not a reliable source of anything else than bull dust. His views on what may or may happen seems to have changed recently so much that you have got to wonder, if he has a personal issue with somebody in the club.

Reply #743205 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Signing White when you already have Teys is panic mode for getting numbers on your roster. But we could put White, Teys, Drmic, Wiley and Froling on the floor together for bit argy bargy with the opposition.

Reply #743224 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I cannot believe we signed White. WTF.

Reply #743233 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure I've seen any Froling->NBA talk outside of the usual Aussie talking heads on twitter etc., but wouldn't be shocking to see him go the training camp>summer league>G-League route - if his contract allows it. If it doesn't, might be interesting, especially with what happened to Creek. That decision and the horrendous press following it might really hinder their ability to force the issue with Froling.

Reply #743242 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hahaha Sixers fans flipping out and it's only early in the off-season.

Having zero expectations is a blessing

Reply #743243 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I understand every team will have a player that can bring value to the team with intangibles like effort and leadership without stuffing the stat sheet with all star numbers or taking up large minutes, players like :

- Brendan Teys.
- Greg Hire.
- Kevin White.
- Mika Vukona.
- Tommy Garlepp (when in the league).
- Adam Gibson.

Why do we need White when we have Teys?

That is a precious slot we need productivity from considering the amount of talent we have lost.

Was White hired by Wright or the Management or both?

Reply #743244 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

"Looks like we are looking at something like

Johnson/??
Wiley/Andersen
Drmic/McVeigh
Moore/White/Teys
Import/Dillon"

Ouch

Reply #743247 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

White is a hustle guy who makes up for a lack of skill with his toughness, competitiveness and experience. A lot like Teys. In fact I think White is better than Teys, but Teys knows the system and is Adelaide through and through. Not sure why you'd have both of them on the same team.

I'm glad to see Dan Dillon back in the league; however, he's getting old and surely a backcourt with Dillon, White and Teys all seeing minutes will be more than a tad underwhelming, even if you have Ramone Moore and an MVP candidate point guard rounding it out.

Reply #743249 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So, White and Dillon - only moderate....

Reply #743252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea agreed Hendo,

Best case scenario is Froling comes back

We get a MVP level PG

We play the starters plus Froling, McVeigh the bulk of the minutes and very limeted minutes from the others, which would give us a solid 7.

Reply #743254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillon is 33 and White 32.....hmmmmm.

Reply #743255 | Report this post

Couple of real woeful signings here. Both make little sense.

Getting Anderson at 39 will just cap it off really.

Reply #743267 | Report this post

Team Mate  
Years ago

Teys?

White?

Dillon?

For God's sake, sign a young local.

Reply #743271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name one decent young local. Everyone trashed Doyle but how many better Premier League blokes are there

Reply #743273 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

So would Dillon be an upgrade on Doyle or Bruce if used as the point guard backup?

Is he an upgrade on Sobey in terms of ball handling under pressure, which Sobey seemed to have difficulties with in the games I saw last year.

I haven't seen Dillon play for a long time - since his last NBL stint. He was somewhat hot and cold then but was also relatively young. He's now 33 but that isn't particularly old if his body and skills have held up (Gibson is 33 in October, Randle's 32 etc.). If he's also become a more wily player with age he might be a good addition? Anyone have any insight on that?

White signing would leave me nonplussed. Similar to others, I can't see how he helps the team given who's already there.

Reply #743278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brine
Daly
DeSantis
Harris
Johns
Kubank
Omamogho
Thomas

Others?

No need to go ballistic with the hate folks.

The 10th /11th spots could be equally well used giving a hint of a career path to a local, rather than regurgitating old players that weren't that good to start with.

Be nice to see a younger local or two on the bench. Doyle had a good run, time for some new faces.

Reply #743281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some great development players there (and some shockers), but we need actual roster spots filled.

Reply #743282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Tyson Hoffman, Akol Deng, Nelson Larkins? Couple have been in the system for a few years, surely they're ready to perform and get meaningful minutes this year!

Reply #743283 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide lucky buggers could get Dillon and White.
Here in Perth we have no rumoured signings yet.

Reply #743284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kubank could be a good longer term investment if his dad gave him some decent DNA.

Reply #743285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon I'd say 1 out of those 8 has any chance of ever getting a roster spot. There are 2 others there that would be barely DP level.

White and Dillon are solid NBL players.

There is a large crop of really good talent in college at the moment. Some of those guys may come back in the coming years and you will get your local signings.

Reply #743286 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Seb Vozzo!

Reply #743288 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I don't think it seems wise to go for a local just for the sake of it, unless it's only taking a DP spot.

I don't mind these signings because what better alternatives are there in an expansion year? Neither is over the hill in regards to age so I'm sure both can prove useful in some way given teams have to fill their roster somehow. They're not exciting signings but I don't see how either can be disastrous. Dillon is still playing overseas and White will add a veteran presence. He's burnt Adelaide a couple of time's.

I get the feeling that Adelaide will try a kind of Ad-hoc approach and experiment with the best available veteran's to see what they can make of this season. To be honest, I'm not against this idea given I don't really have a better one.

I'd just go for Jawai as a replacement for Froling and not overanalyse how he probably doesn't fit the system. And then I'd be happy with Anderson to replace Deng. Again it's just a case of going for it at this stage to try and stay competitive.

Although Wiley has been doing well in Europe, i wouldn't be against him not returning. I think he's almost more of five playing in a small ball team. And I think if Joey didn't have DJ, it would work well in his system.

So if Adelaide can afford two studs, that would he great, but if not then obviously a stud point guard should get spending priority.

Reply #743322 | Report this post

chillbaby  
Years ago

IMO Kevin White is a great pickup for 36ers. Was club captain at Hawks and earnt the utmost respect of Bevo - something you don't earn that easily. He's a great guy but hardnosed and will give it to anyone - import or local - he perceives is bludging and not putting in 100% whether at training or during game. Being honest not the most talented or athletic player (although he has his moments) but has been in the NBL for for a long time and has earnt the respect of coaches, fans of the teams he has played for as well as team mates and opponents. Brings a lot of intangibles to the team and will definitely earn the respect of club and fans - I would be pretty sure Joey would be heavily involved in his recruitment and for good reason. One of those guys who contributes so much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.. and no I am not related - just an observer!

Reply #743327 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kevin White might give it to anyone who is bludging at training or doing the wrong thing. he certainly wouldn't be giving it to them on the floor. Many seasons never more than 4 points usually 2 1 and 1 per game. kevin is probably a good guy and he is tough. Sad that our premier coaches cant find a good guy who is tough and can also play. Same can be said for Teys. Underwhelming.

Reply #743332 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Underwhelming compared to what though?

Reply #743333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White won't end up in Adelaide, it’s a smokescreen, so when they sign up someone slightly better all will be pleased.

Reply #743338 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Master c I understand there is not a lot out there. But some hope for the future would excite me. Recycle guys that have been very average role players????

Reply #743342 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If this is true certainly not inspiring us season ticket holders to make move to EC

Reply #743531 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754