Splinta
Years ago

Rangers Appoint New CEO

Rangers Announce ex Knox Basketball GM Stephen Walters as CEO, what happened to Graeme Allen?

Topic #45196 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

They need to get rid of the board not the CEO, Dandenong was once a powerhouse, but it's been on a downwards spiral for several years

Reply #743466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sooner the wnbl is shafted the better.
Kestleman needs to buy it, align the same teams with the men's nbl and play the women's games before the men's just like in the nbl1.

Reply #743467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their website has been saying "Interim Chief Executive Officer - Dale Wood" for months. Anyone know why Allen left?

Reply #743470 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Too many politics in that club, needs a good clean out

Reply #743471 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Apparently the existing CEO was terminated for misconduct whatever that means.

Sources saying the Rangers WNBL will be re named, re homed and not exclusively run out of the Dandenong Association or stadium. Maybe this is why Larissa Anderson resigned or was pushed out?

If I recall, the club have also been before the courts recently for inappropriate conduct and a staff member harassing and intimidating a volunteer.

https://berwicknews.starcommunity.com.au/news/2018-02-07/basketball-official-runs-foul-of-coach/

Cleary issues with the Management and Governance of the Club.

Reply #743490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> "If I recall"
> Proceeds to cite article.

> DBA launches an independent review of a complicated case
> "Cleary issues with the Management and Governance of the Club"

Methinks you have an agenda.

Reply #743493 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agree the club needs a massive clean out. Losing Larissa Anderson was a massive loss.
Smells really fishy and seems like more things to come yet.

Reply #743511 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Clubs certainly has needed a clean out for several years, but sorry Anderson was not a loss, a good SEABL coach because they had a team much like Spectres men who just played well together, but as WNBL material, no.

Reply #743517 | Report this post

Hearsay  
Years ago

Time for Board to go. Resignations have destabilised the Board.

Anderson coached her team to the Grand Final in her first year in WNBL. from then on she was undermined by politics in the club. Major sponsor wants to take over.

Reply #743539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to just handover the wnbl to kestleman and co.

Reply #743543 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Does 'Splinta' stand for anything. Division, perhaps. Some agendas here, my guess.

Reply #743547 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

who is the major sponsor, if they have appointed Mark Wright as GM

Reply #743548 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Does 'Splinta' stand for anything. Division, perhaps. Some agendas here, my guess.

and here I was thinking of Master Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Reply #743555 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How come Graeme Allen left? Was he ran out of the Rangers like he was ran out of BA?

Reply #743563 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

https://dandenong.starcommunity.com.au/news/2019-05-09/dandenong-basketball-appoints-new-chief/

Reply #743564 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Made the Grand Final in her second season, finals in her first. But yes, was undermined after that.
Change of GM is the best thing that's happened to that place in years.
I’m sure they’ve got players and a coach signed, just haven’t announced anything yet.
Worst thing yet to come....sure they’ll announce Chambers as head coach. Terrible choice.

Reply #743570 | Report this post

mr anondude  
Years ago

where are all you people getting this undermined info from...larissa led the rangers to a grand final in a really weak season for the league, then faultered in each season when the rest of the comp caught up.

no development for younger players, team plays 90s basketball with no threes and couldn't shoot a lick despite decent offensive talent.

team wouldn't have won a game if Bec Cole wasn't playing for them, who developed her game herself with SEABL tigers, not in wnbl with dandy.

Reply #743574 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think you'll find the Rangers started to decline when other teams increased their budget and got better talent. Eg..Boomers and Capitals.

Reply #743577 | Report this post

BelieveIt  
Years ago

Will the Rangers have a new major sponsor?
I guess it won't matter too much about who the coach is as splashing more cash on better talent will win you more games!

Reply #743578 | Report this post

mr anondude  
Years ago

capitals were rubbish in 2017-18, they got a LOT better with the elite talent they got in one season last year sure but you could say that about the entire league.

just look at the development of younger stars and larissa's game plan to see her faults in her time at dandy, no development for rowe, pizzey, roberts, lavey, mijovic and the team always shot the least threes, loved terrible long two-pointers and focused on defending inside while getting torched on the outside themselves.

she was a solid coach but after four seasons it was time for a change, players (and now management) included

Reply #743580 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

New name of the team is what?

RIP the last association based club retaining its original name in the WNBL/NBL. Crazy how it took until 2019 to happen!

Reply #743581 | Report this post

Hearsay  
Years ago

South East Melbourne. Chambers coach (poor choice) Anstey assistant, there to promote his daughter.

Reply #743582 | Report this post

Huskiesfan  
Years ago

Mr Anondude posts 2 posts for the first time. Agenda, you reckon?

Reply #743584 | Report this post

mr anondude  
Years ago

Don't spend all my week commenting on loser basketball boards...just occasionally lurk on them, woops.

Can confirm I have a massive agenda.

Reply #743585 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hope Graeme Allen is never seen in the sport of basketball ever again. He did nothing at BA and obviously has run the Rangers into the ground.

Reply #743589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can confirm I have a massive agenda."
Oh wow. No one would ever know ;)
"Don't spend all my week commenting on loser basketball boards"
Clearly you do.

Reply #743591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lavey has looked a different player since being with the opals under brondello.
Most players have. Could it be they are now fighting for a spot in Tokyo?

Coaches atm

Molloy-Melbourne
York-Bendigo-new
Lucas-Adelaide
Stewart-Perth
Goriss-Canberra
Hibbert-Sydney-new
Brassard-Townsville
Chambers-Dandenong?

Should be the end of Molloy already and I think chambers, brassard and Stewart are on the chopping block if they dont at least make finals.

Reply #743594 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anstey? What a joke if so.

Reply #743595 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Mark Wright ends up back at Dandenong, that just highlights the culture of the Rangers or whatever they want to call themselves. Wright was run out of the Rangers in his last stint because of his poor relationships with players. If it is true Wright is the NEW GM of the WNBL team and Anstey is part of the New WNBL Coaching line up its questionable what due diligence has been done including current background checks on both appointments. Clearly ethical standards aren't considered if this is true.

Pretty sure Marcus Wright won’t be an assistant or involved in a team with his old man like last time Wright was involved in the WNBL.

Reply #743598 | Report this post

Hearsay  
Years ago

Current DBA board have done a deal with Jayco. Gerry Ryan has taken over the team and put in his people to run it. Only issue for the board is that they have not cleared this with their members. All done in secret.

Reply #743603 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Dandenong rangers board now have no say in the Gerry jayco wnbl team, which should be a good thing, hopefully , DBA board struggle running domestic comps.lol

Reply #743606 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Mark Wright is like a cat with nine lives.

Reply #743616 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hearing rumours that whatever this WNBL rangers team will be called, they are trying to sign Liz Cambage.

Reply #743804 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The CEO was sacked by the DBA board for trying to offload the Ranges WNBL licence. He got sacked yet the Board has gone and done exactly the same thing and offloaded the WNBL......……..Go figure.

I have contacts through some of the other WNBL players and other competing associations and they say the place is riddled with politics and personal agendas.

Clearly there is an issue. The new CEO will just be another puppet for the board and a YES man.

Reply #744022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Muppet.

Reply #744040 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It Will be interesting when the announcements are finally made public on what's going on with the team. Word is Chambers has been appointed a while back, why the delays in announcing her?
The team will be heavily reliant on Cole and Blicavs for now and Rachel Jarry. They will need LiZ Cambage or some very good imports to be competitive. Clydesdale will come home (She's only a back up). I can smell a massive buying of players from Jayco as usual for a temporary fix.
As for the rest of the posts, who cares about Graeme Allen? He was no good at BA and clearly no good at Dandenong, in fact clearly no good wherever he's been involved or appointed.
Hopefully he's finally removed from the sport for good. I agree with #744040 reference complete "Muppet".

Reply #744087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Wright should have no involvement in woman's sport

Reply #744141 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

... or men's sport.

Reply #744207 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

or involvement with partners in general

Reply #744213 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I've heard the Dandenong Basketball Is being investigated. Apparently the old CEO has left a few Skelton’s lying around.

Reply #744894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love a good Red Skelton skit. So funny.

Reply #744903 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What's the investigation about? The Exisiting CEO? Player investigation?

Reply #744908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

board members look to have walked away according to their website

Reply #744911 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

WNBL franchise has been sold, so not Dandenong involvement, shame really as it was the last club based pathway for girls, but hopefully now a more professional and proactive organisation.
Though do worry about Dandenong as a whole, only got to look at Bulleen , they gave up their WNBL hold and have disappeared into the abyss lol

Reply #744929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They all should be sold Asap.
Align the dam teams with the Nbl and play the women before the men's games.

Reply #744931 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not all the Board members have walked away, the board members that have stayed are the ones who have been overseeing the previous CEO's misconduct and been supporting and covering up for him. They are hanging around to ensure a cover up for themselves, so they don't get exposed, enjoined or found out.
Three key board members have walked away in the last 6 months. They resigned, but the truth is they walked away in disagreement and fearful of liability to what has been going on and what risks are imposed on them.
The financial state of Dandenong has been reported in local Dandenong media outlets, I have seen the Herald sun have also written articles with reports the association has been before the courts for their own misconduct and misconduct by their staff. This has been an ongoing saga and a reflection of the issues. Replacing the CEO is a cover up for the executives.

This is well known around the Melbourne basketball scene.

Reply #744940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The place is in turmoil, has been for three years. Larissa Anderson poorly treated among many others including players and volunteers. A lot of people enjoined in a big cover for financial reasons and misconduct. This has been overseen by some very cruel and agenda based people. The CEO's departure was a flare to distract the real issues. A fish always rots at the head.

Reply #745063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754