Skyhook
Years ago

NBA tv to broadcast training camps

I know there are a lot of NBA buffs out there with a lot of strong opinions .. what do you think of this....?

NBA tv this year has been given the right to film at 30 training camps leading up tp the start of the 06 season. They will produce a highlights show of about 30 mins each night.

Here's the link :

http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/nbatv_trainingcamps_050928.html

From a fan's point of view i think its fantastic t be able to see 'highlights' from training camps.
But i can also see team owners and coaches being a little apprehensive - as it might inspire "show-boating" that is not welcome at training, simply because the camera is on.

What would coaches be thinking about letting their trade secrets out to opposition via the broadcast ?

Players stocks may rise or fall depending on their perceived efforts on the coverage too. If i was a 2-3 rd yr player unhappy about my court time this might be a good opportunity to "try out" for other teams without doing so and breaking league rules.

Topic #4520 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why can't they add NBA TV to Foxtel already?

Reply #52520 | Report this post

G -Train  
Years ago

Would you be willing to pay $29.95 per week for NBA TV?

would 90,000 - 100,000 (of the 780,000 subscribers of Foxtel in Australia) be willing to do the same thing?

NBA TV is a business and will want a return on the investment of broadcasting the game internationally as well as Foxtel having a cut.

Cannot see it happening but would be a very good addition to the sporting channels on Foxtel if it did.

Reply #52624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what would also be a good idea? If we got the channel EuroSport in addition to EuroSport News, which is already part of the service. This channel exists in Europe I believe. way, people who are interested in international basketball would possibly be able to see it. But they'd probably fill it with soccer (like there isn't enough of that on tv already)

Reply #52710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754