Anonymous
Years ago

Conference Finals predictions

Should be an interesting matchup in both conferences. 2 superstars in the East likely to matchup against each other and 2 superstar backcourts in the West. Can the Blazers continue the fairytale postseason and when will KD be back. Would think he will sit out the first couple to see how they go and try and get 100% or as close as he can be for finals. If anyone can match GSW backcourt it's Portland. Doubt Boogie will make an appearance, seems wishful thinking he can overcome quad strain or tear to play again this year, karma maybe?
In East will be up to supporting casts to follow their respective superstars, great matchup between them. Although small market towns, really looking forward to series, might just come down to home court advantage
My call, GSW in 6 with Durant difference in last couple of games and Toronto upsetting Bucks in 7.

Topic #45219 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

In East will be up to supporting casts to follow their respective superstars, great matchup between them. Although small market towns, really looking forward to series, might just come down to home court advantage

*chuckle* Toronto is the 4th largest media market in the NBA, only below the Big 3.

Reply #743839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, Toronto is the next dream destination behind LA, New York and Chicago. Dickhead!!!

Reply #743861 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The original market and Perthworld's response had nothing to do with free agent destinations, just market size, so Perthworld's comment is entirely accurate.

I think GSW in 5 and the ECF to go to 7 and I have no clue who wins. I've talked myself into either many times and I'm clearly conflicted being that I'm a Raptors fan. Should be a good series though.

I'm still on a high after watching that Kawhi shot, so really from here on as long as the Raptors don't get smashed I'll be happy.

Reply #743869 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Gsw in 6
Bucks in 5

Reply #743871 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

GSW 4-2
Bucks 4-3.

Reply #743874 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Trying to use my head rather than heart on the ECF.

I think the Raptors have a good mix of defenders to chuck at Giannis. Obviously Leonard will get some time on him, but also Siakam and Ibaka, while Gasol will give some level of protection when he does beat his man. Obviously Brook Lopez making 3s is important for the Bucks to force Gasol out of the paint.

The Raptors also have a lot of good switchable defenders on the outside with Green and Lowry who will compete against bigger bodies, and this should help them defend the 3 ball which is a big part of the Bucks game.

I think the difference between these two teams will come down to depth. While team's tend to shorten up their rotations in playoffs the Raptors are THIN at the moment, only playing 7 guys when it really mattered. They need Kawhi playing at the level he's at right now (which is super high) but also need significant contributions from at least 2 of Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol and Siakam to win any given match and that is where I think they may come undone.

The Bucks have more options if plan A isn't working and if it does end up in a deep series, the Raptors may run out of legs. If the Raps can get something out of Powell or if OG made a comeback it would help a huge amount.

Reply #743880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hindsight looking like Giannis and his supporting cast is outmatching Toronto. GSW must be relieved everything is going well and KD getting plenty of rest, probably getting ready for Milwaukee. Perhaps the wildcard so far is Lopez, think GSW death lineup may be vital, his 3 point shooting has been pivotal.

Reply #744556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754