Big Clive
Two months ago

ASEAN + NBL1 + NZNBL

If as predicted by some the NBL1 and NZNBL semi merge sometime in the future, could the ASEAN and the remaining areas in AUS without NBL1 teams join the ASEAN league?

This would be Perth, Adelaide North QLD teams playing in NBL off season against the likes of Singapore, Saigon, Hong Kong etc?

I think it would be an interesting thing to look into or is the Basketball Australia working with Asian teams experiment dead?

Topic #45234 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Adelaide PL teams balked at going to Mt Gambier due to dollars. How are they going to afford playing in an Asian league? What a ridiculous idea.

Reply #744117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

I hope you don't run a business.

Reply #744138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Twiggy Forrest might read this post.

Reply #744143 | Report this post

proud  
Two months ago

I could see it working like a champions league type venture with home and away games against those opponents BUT it needs sponsorship $ to create the incentive to get players interested in staying with their teams full time and clubs wanting to join.

I'm intrigued enough, so let's see what happens.

Reply #744152 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ariel 48

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Westside Basketball Association
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 pm, Tue 23 Jul 2019 | Posts: 776,725 | Last 7 days: 908