Big Clive
Years ago

ASEAN + NBL1 + NZNBL

If as predicted by some the NBL1 and NZNBL semi merge sometime in the future, could the ASEAN and the remaining areas in AUS without NBL1 teams join the ASEAN league?

This would be Perth, Adelaide North QLD teams playing in NBL off season against the likes of Singapore, Saigon, Hong Kong etc?

I think it would be an interesting thing to look into or is the Basketball Australia working with Asian teams experiment dead?

Topic #45234 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide PL teams balked at going to Mt Gambier due to dollars. How are they going to afford playing in an Asian league? What a ridiculous idea.

Reply #744117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope you don't run a business.

Reply #744138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twiggy Forrest might read this post.

Reply #744143 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I could see it working like a champions league type venture with home and away games against those opponents BUT it needs sponsorship $ to create the incentive to get players interested in staying with their teams full time and clubs wanting to join.

I'm intrigued enough, so let's see what happens.

Reply #744152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754