Aussie
Years ago

Nate Jawai to Perth Wildcats

According to Boti

Topic #45264 | Report this topic

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Doesn't Boti expect the Wildcats to say they are NOT talking to Nate?

Reply #744893 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Hopefully as a back up, would be a luxury to have him of the bench. Not as a starter, can cam bairstow play centre?

Reply #744896 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Too bad Boti is cooked as an accurate source nowadays.

Reply #744900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad you have no cred here Perthworld. Care factor. None.

Reply #744902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True. Perthworld is this really your life, checking this forum every 5 minutes and making inane comments as much as possible. Here's a tip, go out and make some friends, get some different interests because based on all your comments you're a massive loser. Pretty sure I'm not the only one that shares that sentiment. And I'm prepared for one of your Bazinga comebacks now.

Reply #744904 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Not dismissing the claim, but the article doesn't really imply anything towards a signing. Says the Cats haven't spoken to Jawai and he's not on their radar (though he might be now that Boone has signed with Illawarra).

Perth or Europe is on Jawai's wish list, thats pretty much it according the article.

I'd love to see him back at Perth, although I feel for Cairns as he still has a couple of good years ahead of him. Would have been great for them to retain one of their most important players in their history, from both a marquee player and "face of the club" perspective.

Reply #744906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth is well-advanced in its conversations with a potential new 5-man and does not have Jawai on its radar."

Jawai wants to return to Perth but the Wildcats have no interest in him

Reply #744907 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Weird thread title should be "Jawai wants to return to Perth but Wildcats haven't spoken to him".

Reply #744909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti's article originally said "Expect reigning NBL champions Perth Wildcats to shortly reveal they have regained 2015-16 championship centre and free agent Nate Jawai for their 2019-20 title defence." He has changed it to what it says now.

Reply #744910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Boti fully changed his article thats not a good look at all!!!

Reply #744912 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

"according to Boti"
With that a new category for hoops should be added " Rumours"

Reply #744916 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Who are the wildcats talking to ?

Reply #744925 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So Boti's big news is to regurgitate the same baseless speculation we've had for months. 5 stars!

I'm surprised teams aren't chasing Jawai. He's a fan favourite and as a local is definitely good value.

With Perth losing both their Centres, its difficult to know what direction they are headed. The early departure of Brandt suggested they were chasing a gun import Centre, but who knows. Perhaps they'd prefer to keep that 3rd import up their sleeve again?

Watch this space I guess.

Reply #744926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both jervis and brandt bailed on the cats with Gleeson being re-signed. Same goes with Nielsen and Forde.

Reply #744930 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Hogwash

The whole forum could be "rumours" for the moment.

Isaac, could you add the Fleetwood Mac album as a soundtrack?

Reply #744936 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

On a more serious note, how is Nate's heart health holding up?

He had a serious issue for a while, which curtailed his NBA career. Perth has a heart transplant unit, as do Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

If he went to Brisbane he might be able to do rehab gym sessions with a former Bronco and Maroons player, who is currently a state of origin selector. They’ve had a bit of success with improving heart function, and avoiding a dual heart/lung transplant. I’m just hoping it rubs off on me.

Reply #744937 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

His last game in France was 9 mins for zero stats for a team that didn't make the finals. So it's either start in Cairns or come off the bench in Perth as his only real options.

Reply #744941 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Noti

Reply #744944 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

It would be ironic if Jervis and Jawai swapped teams.
Of course Jawai would be handy as a bench player but would his asking price be too high?

Reply #744947 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Seems to be consensus about Boti on here following on with what I said. Called it.

Reply #744956 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Perthworls - consensus means agreement of a group as a whole. 4 posts agreeing with your digression among 16 discussing the subject of the thread ain't consensus.

Reply #744993 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The specific posts addressing Boti's credibility do. Four out of four. The rest are about the actual non-signing.

Boti's article originally said "Expect reigning NBL champions Perth Wildcats to shortly reveal they have regained 2015-16 championship centre and free agent Nate Jawai for their 2019-20 title defence." He has changed it to what it says now.

Classic!

Reply #744995 | Report this post

Rabbit70  
Years ago

There is truth to it. It's all about money. Wildcats will accept Jawai as a backup Centre to Shawn Long, but Wildcats are not prepared to pay Jawai what Jawai wants because they need all the money they got for Shawn Long.

Reply #745001 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"His last game in France was 9 mins for zero stats"

Yes, he's past his best, but I don't think he was referring to returning to top-flight Euro team.

He's got a few years left in him, and needs to make as much coin as he can. He's simply saying that if he doesn't get an NBL offer, he'll finish up on some 4th rate Euro team, or playing in Taiwan, etc, etc.

Let's be realistic, there's no high-paid media gig waiting for him in Cairns.

Reply #745006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he could be a stand in for Shaq for Inside the Nba

Reply #745020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754