Wendy Byrd
Years ago

Olgun: Bradwell out, new coach to be announced soon

"The team is also in limbo with regard to its head coaching situation, with Kevin Baswell's departure imminent, and a replacement already chosen, multiple sources told foxsports.com.au . The announcement of a new head coach is expected in the coming days."

Anyone know who it is?

Matt Nielsen?

Topic #45284 | Report this topic

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

Sorry that should say Braswell!

Reply #745517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first it says Bradwell, then it says Baswell... c'mon now

Reply #745528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baswell is a copy and paste typo from the Fox Sports article

Reply #745530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo is currently in NZ

Reply #745548 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I wonder if Braswell stays on as an assistant. They haven't replaced Judd Flavell, and there's clips of Braswell training current Breakers players this week - you'd think he'd not be part of the set-up now if they were to make a change.

Reply #745554 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

You'd think Bevo would be a natural choice...

Nielsen I think is ready to take the next step, but why would they try for a 3rd unproven coach. I can only think if they wnat to change it would be to go for somebody with a track record.

Great for the League if NZ gets competitive again.

Reply #745577 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Third? Henare was unproven?

Reply #745590 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"I wonder if Braswell stays on as an assistant. They haven't replaced Judd Flavell, and there's clips of Braswell training current Breakers players this week - you'd think he'd not be part of the set-up now if they were to make a change."

I suppose if he is still contracted to the club, then why wouldn't the club be using him still. Especially makes sense to use him for player-development across the off-season (Even if he isn't coming back as HC next season). Otherwise, if you chop him now, presumably you can lose key development of players over this important off-season?

The Breakers coaching choices over the past 2-3 years have been really poor (Henare and Braswell) - I've always felt that both coach more on emotion/motivation; and not really good X/O's coaches.

I wonder whether with the signing of the RJ, Matt Walsh and co. are looking left field i.e. a really good american coach who is known for player development etc.

I'd have some reservations about how well the current Breakers coaches can develop someone like RJ.

Reply #745644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beveridge is a pretty good developer of talent, isn't he? I think bringing his knowledge over would also take the Breakers Academy to another level.

Reply #745645 | Report this post

njc  
Years ago

Nielsen is heading back to San Antonio

Reply #745690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754