Anonymous
Years ago

Razorbacks Ambassadors

Story here

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=2366

Could the Sixers look at something similar?

With 10 players, and 10 ABL clubs, or do our NBL players already have strong links to our clubs?

Maher - Sturt
Cooper - ?Forestville
Holmes - Eastern
Farley - ?South
Rychart - ?Centrals
Rees - Woodville
Forman - ?Southern
Hill - ?Norwood
Nash - West
Hambour - North

Topic #4529 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

It used to be a bit like that in the old days, until no one could afford to pay these guys, plus none of them want to play because they get more money elsewhere!

Reply #52657 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

im pretty sure if the players have played at a club their whole junior career, they wouldnt want to go and be ambassador for a different club.

ps where did hill play his junior ball?

Reply #52659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt?

Cooper has had an offer from one of the local clubs for next year's ABL I think, so that might sort him out. Send Willie out to Centrals because he and Jye get along well.

You know the Brett Maher cut-out at the Dome? They need those for each player dotted around the local stadiums. Easy to produce, but gets attention. Put a "how tall is Holmes" at Eastern, Oscar at Sturt, etc. Attached to the cut-out/life-sized poster, put the Sixers fixture and a few other details. Kids will notice it and take an interest.

This is a no-brainer if you ask me. Take the photos. Print the things and take them out to each stadium.

Reply #52663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like almost every stadium in Victoria had back in the day.

Comparing yourself to Tony Ronaldson was always fun. He's taller, and look WIDER!!

Reply #52665 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, you could compare arse sizes with Ronaldson....

Reply #52668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

twentyfour

do you know something i dont?

ps where did Holmes, Maher, Forman, AND Hill play junior ball?

Isaac - your mates with Potsie. Get him to organise it. I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult. PLus, its a great idea.

Reply #52684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the sort of idea that is so mind numbingly obvious that you'd think the NBL would have slapped the teams around for being so stupid as to fail to do it thus far and made it compulsory for every team in every city by now.

Reply #52693 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

i am just wondering why the hell they would put W.hawks vs P.wildcats and not put the melbourne tigers (4-0) and sydney kings 3 championships in a row they have made a huge mistake and who know how to watch nbl like a game channle or something because nbl.com allways stuffs up

Reply #52702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754