Anonymous
Years ago

LaMelo ball to the NBL getting closer

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-basketball-a-respected-destination-in-the-eyes-of-american-players/news-story/b419df64369ec64e7da190295fccbed1

"Loeliger also confirmed that talks with LaMelo Ball — the younger brother of Los Angeles Lakers star Lonzo Ball — about joining the NBL's Next Stars Program were ongoing.

"I think it is very serious," he said.

“He is one realistic prospect that we’d love to have playing here in the NBL.

“I think we stack up on every metric compared to the alternatives.”

Looks like things are progressing. What team would you like to see LaMelo on?

Topic #45305 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings

Reply #746025 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Well it's half working already, if the aim is to raise the profile of our league.

Reply #746028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

possible more next stars

Jalen lecque PG rank espn recruiting 41

Other players committed not signed
Rejean ellis SG Memphis rank 38
Johnny juzang sf UK rank 29
Trendon Watford pf LSU rank 19
Kahil Whitney sf UK rank 12
Jaden McDaniels pf Washington rank 7

Reply #746029 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sixers - since they need some warm bodies.

Reply #746035 | Report this post

A A Ron  
Years ago

Joey Wright's banter with Lavar Ball would be priceless, let's make it happen.

Reply #746039 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I know they're talking him to the Kings - but how many minutes will LaMelo get behind Lisch and Ware? If both are going to play 28-30, and you have Kuany/Adnam/Bruce in the rotation, will LaMelo get the 12-15mpg that Bowen got?

Reply #746049 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

I hear that talks are between LaMelo and small market teams, either Illawarra or Cairns.

Reply #746051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb/Kings would be bad fits i reckon, too many other big names.

NZ its hard to see then getting both RJ/Melo, it would be fun to watch but also a lot of inexperience.

Hawks/Cairns would give him a lot of opportunities but not sure how he would feel playing for teams like them compared to a larger franchise and/or a team likely to win more, as well as some better facilities.

Perth could be really good for him imo, but don't really see it happening.

SEM would be good, and would be a great drawcard for a new franchise.

Adelaide would be an ok fit, but would have been better before signing their import PG. Could also see a lot of clashing with Joey.

Brisbane its hard to see how he fits in with Sobey/Gliddon/Cadee who Lemannis will give big minutes to all 3.

Reply #746058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reckon Magic Johnson could play in the NBL and do well? What would his stats be you reckon?

Reply #746099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reckon Magic Johnson could play in the NBL and do well? What would his stats be you reckon?

Reply #746100 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Next up: Julian Newman...

Reply #746102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really can't see any team wanting to put up with the circus that goes along with him.

Reply #746104 | Report this post

robt.  
Years ago

The talk here doesn't seem all right to me. These "kids" we are talking about have the world at their feet at this moment in their lives. They can choose any of several countries and several teams within those countries' top leagues. The whole idea is to give themselves the best shot at a fabulous future, which will take care of their remaining lives and the financial well being of hundreds of hangers-on for the resr of their lives, too.

This is not a gap year for these ex-students. I recently heard some-one say that this is like a 12month long interview for the job you really want! Not verbartin, but you get the idea.

Do you think that they will make the most sensible choices or do you think that they and their entourage have no brains between the lot of them? Are they going to jump for a season of undeserved (as yet) fame and fortune, in a league that they had never heard of before or, are they more likely to go to a club that best sets them up for the future?

If any of this hapens, and I hope it all does, I see these kids easily choosing a club like Cairns where you get a chance to learn, grow and by season's end, you hope to shine.

Say what you will about where WE want these future stars to play but remember that they are coming here (or where-ever) for their sake, not ours.

As long as they play for my team!

Reply #746116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Adnam wouldn't take minutes away from him at the Kings; seeing as he's playing for SE Melbourne.

Reply #746121 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I know of two clubs that have knocked him back(circus factor).
Wait another month and someone will get him cheap as he wont go to China.

Reply #746155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LaMelo ball on his twitter big news probably on the way, on overtime they said Liam had a big story to write and he wouldn't be on the show today, I wonder what the story is.

Reply #746375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754