Worthy
Years ago

Norwood Pres

Flames have a new President to replace the bloke who was running the show for a decade or so

Who thinks this club have done well or under achieved ?

Topic #45326 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, this is going to be a huge shitstorm of epic proportions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #746533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an outsider I thought Willie J was a big loss. Webber taken over.

Reply #746535 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is Willie still involved with basketball. At another club?

Reply #746557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

President has not been there a decade - maybe 3 years.

Reply #746559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was Steve he was a flat out arrogant tosser!

Reply #746561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Andrew Webber was already was president of the club. I thought he coached the club, ran the club and brought the club into the ground already? Must've been mistaken

Reply #746565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women gone from undefeated to terrible real quick. And junior girls are abysmal. And boys seem to peak in 14s and then bottom out. Then if they do make it to seniors have no chance of minutes in PL team. Tend to think they are above the law in respect to rest of clubs. KB left when he shook things up a bit so they went to puppet as coach.

Reply #746567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KB, lols, how's his coaching record going again

Reply #746572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus couldn't make those girls win, did ok at Norwood I believe, just upset a few people that count. If Saunders didn't get injured they had a good chance.

Reply #746576 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"(Norwood) boys seem to peak in 14s and then bottom out."

Nice story but the fact is Norwood have 8 boys in the under 16's state squad which is more than any other club.

"KB, lols, how's his coaching record going again"

Same record as any coach would get with that team

Reply #746602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Nice story but the fact is Norwood have 8 boys in the under 16's state squad which is more than any other club."

Talent is not the same as skill, basketball IQ, work ethic.

Reply #746614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge loss. Norwood have shown that they're the preeminent club in the state, perhaps all of Australia. Their junior development is second to none with many going on to playing significant roles in the premier league team. Junior girls going through a lean patch but will be turned around shortly by a newly established junior development role. Found a magnificent home at the Arc, St Clair and the Lights trying to copy such a magnificent stadium. They may have more courts but failed the innovated concept of having 3 courts non regulation size so they can have one court instead of 3 with that many lines it confuses the opposition. Absolute brilliant competitive thinking. Don't think anyone else thought of that, any complaints placed purely onto the developers.
Going forward with Norwood.

Reply #746680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^thanks mr. ex president

Reply #746681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Norwood have so many in 16 state squad how come collectively they sit 4th after from memory 2 years ago they were undefeated or close to in 14s? From the pool they had how come other teams have overtaken them? Tall 12 year olds been caught up to?

Reply #746682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

682 correct
The junior coaches do not develop and rely on tall kids who peak early and win at all costs tactics in defence. No offence structure just hero ball as players are bigger and stronger.
Never have and that's why it eventually catches up.
Same junior coaches = same results and it seems they fall away dramatically as they get older - coincidence?
Some clubs have a tenure for committee roles so that time may be up - could be as simple as that
Volunteers are the lifeblood so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth perhaps.

Reply #746720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#720 are you saying that Norwood Committee members don't have a time limit before they have to nominate again? That seems a bit strange.

Reply #746721 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Again more smart arse negativity. Seems ever club has its turn where the wise anon. Claim they are the enlightened. Just a matter of work I g way through all the clubs. No wonder so many gd people become disenchanted because of the arseholes who just make poor non productive comments. Never solutions. Never before events always wise after.
So of you need to take some sedatives and look at getting lives. Guarantee most who prove the negatives couldn't get a beer at a brewery. F.... off losers.

Reply #746723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What truth is there that the flames turned over 1million last financial year but reported a 50k loss

Reply #746729 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ask at the AGM not here. Simple as....

Reply #746730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh yes best keep this discussion on point and serious

Reply #746733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a disgrace. And the keyboard warriors "discussing" it, all I can say is get a life.

Reply #746734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You all disgust me

Reply #746735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we get some more info?

Reply #746736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst not a Norwood fan, this is none of anyone's business apart from Norwood members. Questions can be asked and answered at their AGM, every member has that right. Every club must have a constitution that they must follow, I'm sure it can be found simply or a copy supplied, again I don't care so I haven't looked for it.
If members are unhappy with the direction of a club they can vote incumbents out, again my knowledge is that every club must have a president, vice president, treasurer and Secretary plus other members of a committee, those remaining don't need specified titles. My belief is that the president and vice president are selected in alternating years to provide stability and continuity as well as treasurer and Secretary, but I'm unsure of that exact process.
From my limited experience at AGMs, very small numbers attend despite most whinging about problems they worry about, I would be lying if I wasn't one of those in the past. The other problem is people willing to put their hands up to fill those positions despite their concerns. Not sure if it's a case of can't be bothered or not knowing the level of commitment required. So often there are no real new choices to make. Let's face it, if voting at state or federal elections weren't compulsory, what would be the turnout?
So end of the day, this forum is not the place to question the running of any club, member or not. If you are a member, show up and vote. If you have concerns, raise them. All financial records must be provided and if there is any funny business there are steep penalties.
If you are not a member, stay out of it. In face these allegations are serious and worthy of legal action if they continue. And to reiterate, I have no vested interest in Norwood, am not Mr or Mrs President, anyone's mum or some other, in their minds, witty comments. Like beating them as much as the next person but let them sort their own shit out, any dodgy business then let meeting decide.

Reply #746738 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well said.

Reply #746739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ridiculous beyond belief

Reply #746740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There WILL be lawsuits from this.....

Reply #746741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a bloke asking if it's true? Jeez we aren’t America guys

Reply #746742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calm down , a club can run at a loss and it can be legit , no one is saying money was stolen .

Reply #746756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is happening?

Reply #746767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever said Norwood boys peak in 14s is obviously wrong.
The Under 18 boys just came first in Nunawading tournament.

Reply #746876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll run amok at bearcats tournament then, predicting they'll be undefeated.

Reply #746881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They also won the starplex tournament against the North 16s I believe.

Reply #746883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not a Norwood basher but bragging about winning Nunawading while Sturt wins Classics isn't a good look.

Reply #746902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754