Anonymous
Years ago

Need Help:Original Jordan IV price?

Looking for some help. Been a shoe collector for a long time and found a holy grail. Picked up a pair of original Jordan IVs of Facebook marketplace recently. These are not a re release, they are original 1989 Jordan's in black, not my size but seeing them was like finding a Picasso in a garage sale. Lady was clearing out her sons stuff and here they were, good condition. Air bubble are yellowed but not popped, no rips or tears, only damage is an I missing on the Nike Air on the heel. Not bad for 30 year old shoes.
Please not smartarse comments, been searching to see what they would be worth, plenty of re release pairs out there on eBay etc but can't find any originals. Size 7s so not a men's size unless you have tiny feet. Definitely wearable but obviously not in a game, more a "museum " piece.
So any ideas. Again, please no stupid comments or offers.

Topic #45339 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

$23

Reply #746890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, really, $23 dollars? Is that Australian, American or new Zealand. Wow, that was really funny. Do you have your own fringe show?

Reply #746894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$23 per shoe or for the pair?

Reply #746901 | Report this post

Banditos Fan  
Years ago

The price is what the market wants to pay. Which could be anything.

These will be unwearable. If someone tries to wear them they will crumble and fall apart. So only a collector will want them. They sound worn too.

Unfortunately, unless you find a collector these won't fetch very much at all in my opinion.

Australia doesn’t have enough vintage collectors. eBay is your best bet or maybe a co-alignment store in Asia (Singapore).

At a guess anything over $200AUD would be a great sell.

These would have been worth more 15 years ago in my opinion. Now the market is flooded and OG colourways release so often.

Reply #746903 | Report this post

Mervan  
Years ago

I bought a back pair in the states as a kid in 1990.

Think they were $100 US

Reply #746909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$US100 30 years ago! WOW!

Reply #746926 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Am I the only one laughing at "Size 7s so not a men's size unless you have tiny feet"??? Cop that you small feet brigade.

On a more serious note, I am sure there would be somewhere on the www that would specialize in collectibles such as these. Do a bit of searching around and hopefully you'll find someone interested.

Reply #746930 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Not trying to be a smart-arse, but you say you are a collector, and apparently you are chuffed with this find, so why are you looking for a price?
Are you looking to sell and make a buck? Are you more of a "trader" than "collector"? (Nothing wrong with that.)

As a general rule with collectables, unless they were "game worn" by a star, then condition is everything.

Reply #746937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking to keep them definitely but if they are worth a ridiculous price would think about unloading them. But mainly just curious. And for their age they are in very good condition. Been looking around everywhere to see if there is a ball park, but like I said all I've found is re release for sale and theres a good markup on them.

Reply #746941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They would be worth anywhere between $1500-$2000 depending on condition.
Very hard to get originals these days.

Reply #746944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact the Nike emblem alone is missing off the heel automatically makes them worth next to nothing or only what perhaps a die hard enthusiast is prepared to pay (which would be not much).

The nostalgic appeal would be great for a collector or long time fan, but the deteriorated condition (inevitable) would prevent these from being the cash cow you perhaps think you've stumbled across.

Reply #746948 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind stumbling upon an Action Comics #1 at a garage sale.

Reply #746955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying its a cash cow, just interested. And its just the i in the air on the heel, can only notice it up close. Good to hear from an expert such as yourself. In terms of condition I would rank them as 7/10 if they were just a couple years old with no tears or holes etc, sole is still near new, air pockets have just yellowed with age.

Reply #746957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Photos

Reply #746959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Photos.

Reply #746967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754