Anonymous
Years ago

Melbourne United interested in signing Greg Hire

This was mentioned on nbl overtime. Big if true. Should wildcats go after him? Backup SF spot is still vacant?

Topic #45341 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Oh dear

Reply #746961 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Found this interesting. I would think united could ask but really can't see him joining.

Reply #746965 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Greg Hire is staying in Perth. He has a business he runs in Perth and will not be entering the NBL any longer. Overtime is turning into garbage.

Reply #746968 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Turning into garbage, think it already is.

Reply #746969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam McDaniel is the back up three, gun and vickerman loves him.

Reply #746970 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I could seriously understand a team like Cairns or even Hawks chasing him, if he wanted to play on. But not MU.
And I doubt he has much interest.

Reply #746977 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Why not? He's probably not interested but it's not like he's in his late 30s or early 40s either. If he wanted to he could be a meaningful contributor or even a locker room mentor. Could come in handy if someone goes down injured too.

Probably just Melbourne checking to see if he's got any interest in playing and why not ask?

Will shock if it does happen though!

Reply #746980 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Let's look at this logically.

He retired from the NBL (not the Wildcats), arguably as one of the club's greats.

If he chose to un-retire, wouldn't he give the Wildcats first option?

Reply #746988 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This fascination with Hire continues to baffle me.

He retired (finally) but now will be at the 3x3 World Cup plus United are now looking at him.

Dafuq.

Reply #746992 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Vickerman seems to live by the philosophy "If you don't ask, you'll never know"

Not much chance of this but hey, why not ask the question. What else has Dean got to do during June, when his kids are at school? Maybe he needs a project around the house.

Reply #746993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's be real, if he was unretire, it would be to join Teys and White at Adelaide

Reply #747004 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I would not be at all surprised to see him un-retire. He seems to be balling it up in the SBL, and I could easily see him continuing as a TP and injury replacement for the Cats.

Frankly, since we have yet to learn what the Cats plans are to fill their roster, I would not be totally shocked to see him retake his regular spot.

If all the above fails to materilaise, then I'm waiting for his appointment to some "Community Engagement" role with the Wildcats organisation.

But I just don't see him chasing opportunities outside of Perth.

Reply #747015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a veeeery intersting move.
Don't know what to say.

Reply #747438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754