Jasmine
Years ago

Game 6 NBA Finals

Toronto has won the NBA championship. Whoa!

Topic #45354 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they?

Reply #747153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spoiler alert maybe???????
But well done to them, making that move for Leonard pays off big time and would be hard for him to leave.

Reply #747161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reminds me of when United beat the Sixers in 2018.. Happy days..

Reply #747162 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Whatever happens in this off season, Kawhi will always be a hero in Toronto.

I admit I was not 100% behind the move, but damn did it ever work out!

I had to laugh at the end; the most Kawhi thing ever him trying to get that meaningless and-1 counted. Its what would happen in NBA2k. He's such a robot.

Yeah baby!

Reply #747164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I made the same comment earlier. Regardless of what happens with Kawhi in the offseason, the trade was worth it for Toronto. He delivered. If he leaves, then he still will always have a special place in the heart of every Raptors person.

Reply #747165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he leaves they suck like Cleveland did this year. Careful what you wish for.

Reply #747170 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So what happened with Bogut? Wass he (more) injured?
They played Looney with a busted collarbone over Bogut?

Reply #747173 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

It was a great finals series but it always sucks when injuries play such a big part of the outcome. Can't take anything away from the Raptors though. They fought their asses off and won an unlikely series.

Reply #747174 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

If Kawhi goes, they still have a playoff squad, with a chance for OG, FVV, and Siakam to take a(another) step up.

They might also be able to do a sign and trade to get a piece or 2 out of the Clippers? They've got a few good young players.

If they did decide to tear it down, which I'd hope they wouldn't, the older guys on the squad have shown themselves capable of being contributors to a winning team and are on short term deals so would be attractive for teams looking to win now.

I'd say the Raps are in good position.

Reply #747175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's this mean for the Warriors?

Klay Thompson’s agent has confirmed a torn ACL in his left knee.

Durant leaving, Boogie leaving?

It’s gonna be Steph and a 50 year old Iggy carrying Golden State next year

Reply #747176 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Raptors wont contend for a title without Kawhi. Danny Green, Gasol, Ibaka all declining pretty quickly. Lowry pretty old and can't handle a full offensive load. Siakim a star and a bunch of solid role players. Kawhi is really huge for them, both because he's a bona fide stud, and the perfect fit.

Reply #747177 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Maybe title the thread Game 6 next time. We've gone the entire playoffs without any numpty spoilers until now.

Reply #747178 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So the Warriors, Lakers and LeBron bandwagoners go home empty handed this season. Love it. Go Raptors!

Reply #747182 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh and the way the game ended on a super long review going on forever really spoiled the moment with there effectively being 0.0s on the clock at that stage. It really personified the NBA and its ridiculous delays.

Reply #747183 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

PW

To be pedantic.

Personified? In what way was the final act portrayed as or likened to a person?

Think you mean typified. Or exemplified. Maybe characterised.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Reply #747185 | Report this post

Hope this helps  
Years ago

In the spirit of North American sports competition who claim world champion status in competition played on only one continent (World Series), does that make a Canadian basketball team the new world champion?

Reply #747186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what team dipshit goes for.
Toronto most probably.
(Perthworld)

Reply #747187 | Report this post

Hairs  
Years ago

Some big issues ahead for the Warriors. All the free agency stuff and now Klay with ACL rupture would likely miss most of next season. If, as speculated, they lose KD and Cousins, Iguodala and Livingston retire, they will look pretty different next time out. The core of the current group have changed basketball forever.

Reply #747192 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Because the NBA is the only league on the planet....

Dick. Head.

Reply #747195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't do much except say Dickhead but I reckon you would be a funny cunt in real life Smithy.
Don't ever change bruh.

Reply #747197 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Because the NBA is the only league on the planet...

This is not even a logical retort. Try again.

Still wallowing in your sob stories I see. Carry on.

Reply #747198 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Cairns.

Reply #747200 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cousins to retire? Who ever said that? IMO it will be a bad year for the Warriors next year, but they could end up coming out of it OK. Decent chance KD and Klay both stick around and a good chance Cousins can be signed at a reasonable clip. He looked about 70% to me, and I think he can get back to most of what he was.

Curry should just go backpacking around Europe next season, the Warriors land a lottery pick, and we revert to the mean in 20-21.

Reply #747201 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#187 I don't go for Raptors but sick of Warriors v2 (with Durant - "KD ruined the NBA!"). Throw in every n00b who now have them as their team all of a sudden who weren't there when the core came out of nowhere to blindside everyone and dominate which were the actual interesting 'breakout' years. I enjoyed their early dominance but once KD ridiculously went there and the general trend of NBA not facilitating the allocation of player resources more evenly makes it predictable and boring. LeBron or Warriors winning each year was getting tired.

Reply #747202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KD will re-sign

Reply #747203 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

UTH my bad!

Reply #747204 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Warriors won't get Boogie. My understanding of the way the contracts work is the max they can pay him is around $7m.....25% increase on this year. No way he stays for that.
The warriors are going to need to pull something from thin air to compete next year. Genuine option is to sign Klay, sit Steph for most of the year, tank for a top 4 pick and reload for the following season with healthy bodies. Brutal way for them to finish the run.

Reply #747208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitting Steph is not a genuine option. I've read some stupid stuff but this takes the cake.

Reply #747209 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Has Boogie shown enough for a team to throw serious cash at him? I'm not sure. I mean, outside of the Knicks when they strike out on every other FA.

I think it's realistic he comes back for a year. Great opportunity for him to get fit in the offseason, put up big numbers on a depleted GSW roster, then sign a nice 4 year deal.

Reply #747210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A team that will be better than GSW next year will offer Boogie something like 10M because there's a good chance that he keeps progressing from his current level. The Warriors' only chance to keep him would be offering him long-term, and having a lot of guys on the roster long term with major injury histories is not usually a good recipe.

I don't think "sit Steph" is realistic but "load manage" Steph probably is. Guy has been to 5 straight finals and would be justified in sitting most back-to-backs if his team isn't going to make the play-offs anyway.

New York should still offer KD the max, it just gives them an extra year to build before they actually have to be good.

I'm pretty gutted for Klay, you could see how much he wanted it tonight. He's the sort of player who should come back pretty well from an ACL injury but it sucks that they didn't get to at least finish it out at Oracle with the original core on the floor.

Reply #747211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could this be the biggest worst case scenario in the history of team sports. Apart from losing the title with arguably the greatest collection of players in their prime, they lose 2 superstars with serious season long injuries, one that will no doubt affect his game going forward. Cousins won't sign another bargain contract so he either goes or their luxury tax goes up. Iguadala is another year older.
Can it be karma, everyone said the warriors ruined the nba at the start of the year, did the basketball gods look down and say hold my beer. Either way it's nearly unbelievable to see the carnage that's happened to them after this series.

Reply #747217 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

KD takes his player option of 31.5m, GSW are capped out. He should do it too. If they don't sign Klay, they are still capped out. They do sign him and they are paying significant luxury tax and will struggle to be competitive in their new stadium next year. If they screw Klay over and KD doesn't take the option, is anyone of significance going to want to go there? No matter how you slice this up, the warriors are screwed next season and will be scrambling just to make the playoffs unless they perform some cap miracles.

Reply #747226 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If KD and Klay sign on with GSW....What happens to the $60m cap space they take up for the year they are injured? Does the league give them a concession?

Reply #747239 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Surely someone offers Cousins 20mil a year?

Reply #747276 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not sure why people don't think they won’t make the playoffs next year.

Curry, Green and Klay (when he returns could make a late push) is still a nice core. Throw in the potential to have Cousins. They’re not completely decimated (yet).

I don’t think Curry can lead a team at all frankly, but there will be enough there I think to grab the 6th 7th or 8th seed IMO

Reply #747284 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The Warriors will still have a competitive team with Curry and Green two of the best players at their respective positions. REALLY interesting to see what happens with Klay, KD and Cousins though.

My best bet is Cousins going to one of the clubs that strikes out on a superstar a short term max deal (Knicks?) while he continues to revive his career. A 1+1 deal at the max would be good for both parties.

I think KD leaves too. Klay will stay and come back late in the season to give the team a chance and they'll fill out their roster with 3&D guys and bigs.

Reply #747360 | Report this post

L. William  
Years ago

congratulations Toronto Raptors!

Reply #748576 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754