Anonymous
Years ago

Shea Ili leaves Breakers for United

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/113597305/shea-ili-makes-shock-departure-from-nz-breakers-joins-rivals-melbourne-united

Topic #45373 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne is a haven for unwanted/past Breakers.

Pledger, Long and now Ili. Vickerman and Henare. Cedric Jackson and Tai Wesley in 2016.

SEM also have Judd Flavell and Wesley.

A player like Corey Webster will make a similar move soon I feel.

Reply #747687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good player in NZBL and has to be better than Adnam ever was.

Reply #747690 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

I feel for Shea but will he get any more minutes at United than he would at the Breakers even with Hampton and Weeks? Not sure.

Reply #747691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman not known for playing his bench, he's behind Trimble who’s on big money, Ware played 30-35 minutes every game. If Trimble defence doesn’t improve he might get more time but I don’t see it.

Reply #747693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undersized

Reply #747694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great player who had tons of upside. But he was given the opportunity to start and struggled. Under pressure, his fundamentals and decision making was exposed.

Reply #747706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More suited to a backup role and if embraces this will play for many years. Every team needs role players.

Reply #747708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne is a bit of an odd choice if minutes is what he wants. Trimble will play big minutes, McCarron will play a bit at the point. I would have expected him to go to Cairns or something.

Reply #747718 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd imagine it had more to do with the coaching staff than it did the promise of big minutes. If he plays the same role he did with the Breakers before last season I think he's a quality pickup, but I don't see him playing more than 15 mins most nights with the crowded backcourt that they have.

Reply #747765 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Trimble, Goulding, McCarron and Ili looks a very impressive backcourt.

Hope Hooley gets picked up somewhere.

Reply #747893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754