Zodiac
Years ago

Game 1 - NBL Select vs China

NBL team leads 23-19 at Qtr time.

Love our uniforms!

Topic #45377 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

What's the point of Michael Aylen being there?

Reply #747749 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Tell that commentator to chill out

Reply #747750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

47-39 China at the half, to much Steindl hitting the iron. China look good with good ball movement.

Reply #747751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any stats anywhere??

Reply #747753 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Playback error?

Reply #747755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Adelaide are enjoying White's game

Reply #747756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl been poor but still playing, Gleeson playing more than he does at Perth.

Reply #747758 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Some vintage D by Webster and DJ tonight... An odd mix of players for our squad though, but it feels like this is maybe a step above offseason cardio for the players. Strange that I've seen so many random NBL/Australia teams play Chinese squads that I'm beginning to know their players fairly well.

Reply #747762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was impressed with Majok Majok tonight. Gave some sold minutes off the bench. Great to see him with some confidence in the post.

Reply #747766 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Agree on Majok Majok. Showed flashes of that first season in Melbourne tonight. Feels like he was one of the guys that suffered from the talent creep the last couple of seasons, but I think he still has a place in the NBL.

Reply #747767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China beats NBL Select by double digits? Was this to be expected?

Reply #747768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentators talking up Conger, to much dribble and turnovers, Majok was better than last season, Boone still got game, Norton, Moore reasonable Johnson the best. Adnam and Moller hardly saw the floor and White not much. Steindl was crap. Webster slightly better.

Reply #747769 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

What's the point of Michael Aylen being anywhere?

Reply #747770 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I dare say the NBL have asked for one of 'our' refs to be included to try and limit the usual howlers from their refs.

Reply #747771 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

So they send the bloke who makes the most howlers locally?

Reply #747783 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Oh please, Aylen's best was a few years ago now but he is still head and shoulders above most refs in the NBL!

Reply #747785 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

NBL group looked like a team that had seen each other for 2 days. Passing and catching seemed really poor in the first half, Boone suffering from bullet passes either his hands weren't ready or he wasn't thinking it was coming to him.

Lots of HORNS and 1 on 1 basketball, China were better on the break as a team that knows each other should be.

THAT 3PT SOUND EFFECT ... the swoosh thing, damn that is annoying!

REFS MISSED SOME SHOCKING TRAVELS

I like the series being online was a good viewing time, as hoops junkie is there a chance we get some the CBL on kayo or is there a streaming service for it, 9:30pm tip-offs suit my life style better than 7:30pm

Reply #747786 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"Oh please, Aylen's best was a few years ago now but he is still head and shoulders above most refs in the NBL!"

Which is a sad indictment on the standard of officiating in the NBL

Reply #747798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad but true.

Reply #747799 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

My point was that unless Aylen has veto powers, or somehow is willing to be equally biased towards the NBL team to counter the other refs, you are still going to get the same ultra-biased rubbish Chinese reffing to concoct a China victory one way or another. In China, we are not talking about usual home town biased refereeing, we are talking about a level of corruptibility that makes a mockery of competitive sport. It is shameful to even be seen as participating in it. By participating in this, Aylen, who is clearly one of our best refs, has his reputation tainted by association, so he shouldn't be there in the first place.

Reply #747818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less of White and more of Adnam, less of Stiendl and more of Moller, less of Webster and more of Moore.

Reply #747831 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So was Gleeson calm for once?

Reply #747836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson didn't look happy but said f... all, I thought his subbing was horrible and he stuck with a few blokes to long. If Conger was trialling for a spot at Perth, let’s hope Gleeson only remembers the first quarter, he was crap after that.

Reply #747839 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754