Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 17

Finals teams

1. Mount Gambier 14-3 - Still ticking along and putting up huge numbers along the way.
2. North Adelaide 12-4 - Week off leave them stable in second.
3. Forestville 14-3 - Majok returned and had a big impact Saturday. Struggled past Southern on Sunday but took a narrow road win.
4. Norwood 12-4 - Easy win but import Moultrie's form has to be a concern.
5. Southern 11-4 - Reasonable win Saturday but would have been disappointed dropping one at home to Forestville. Imports both had big weekends.

Teams looking at 2020

1. West 5-11 - Again proved they're a long way from former glory with 30+ point loss to Mt Gambier
2. Woodville 5-10 - Played Tigers tough but couldn't get it done in the end.
3. Centrals 7-9 - 68 points won't cut it against the top teams. Have dropped off the pace.
4. Sturt 2-14 - Win number two in the books, hoping to salvage what they can from a lost season.
5. Eastern 2-13 - Would have had high hopes of going 2-0 against the Sabres but against couldn't find enough contributors.
6. South 3-12 - Allmon a shining light with a POTW performance but couldn't back up Saturdays competitive outing on Sunday.

Southern vs Sturt
These teams played less than a month ago and going by the play by play was close deep into the final quarter. Sturt have only gotten better since with the addition of Mudronja. Interestingly Carter has not lined up since this game. Gilligan fired on the weekend and the Tigers will again rely heavily on their imports to get the job done.

Tigers by 7 in a close encounter

Mount Gambier vs Woodville
Pioneers have proven they're a level above when they're in top gear, which the have been the past month. Woodville are battlers but with the travel factored in, I can't see this being too competitive.

Pioneers by 33.

West vs Centrals
This was considered an early season upset out at Starplex. Centrals have had the better season but their form the past couple of weeks is trending down. West are clearly a player or two short of contending but I expect they'll get it done here.

West by 4.

Eastern vs North
Mavs showed some promise early this year but again are limping to the line with just two wins. North had the week off but before then had proven one of the form sides in the league. Can't see the Mavs being able to hang with the frontline of the Rockets here.

North by 19.

Norwood vs South
Moultrie may not be providing as expected but Norwood are still hanging in there. Veteran experience will get them the W in this one, though Allmon may have his way inside against their lack of size.

Norwood by 13.

Topic #45405 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can see Mt Gambier running woodville stupid, no way they can keep up with them the form the Pioneers are in. Honestly think they can crack 150 points if they keep the pedal down. Woodvilles crappy zone won't slow them down, tore South's to pieces.
Does anyone know the highest score ever in premier league?

Reply #748516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gambier will light woodville's nets on fire if they play zone

Reply #748519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Norwood go a game without multiple tech's and ejections? I suppose it depends on if they are down 30 and it’s someone else’s fault.

Reply #748520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's norwood's nature, just gotta be dicks at something

Reply #748522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw Jordy Wilson is working a clinic on the intricacies of towel waving. Don't bring a ball, just something bigger than a tea towel.

Reply #748531 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And your achievement are. ??? Taking cheap shots at others....
Capital L for tosers who cheap shot others.
No reply needed unless ignorant.

Reply #748547 | Report this post

Bitch  
Years ago

Jealousy is a disease... get well soon loser.

Reply #748578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jealous of a towel waver, yep!

Reply #748588 | Report this post

Bitch  
Years ago

Appears so my friend! :)

Reply #748589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No worries Mrs Wilson :)

Reply #748601 | Report this post

Bitch  
Years ago

Nice try bud. Is that all you got?

Case and point made. Loser.

Reply #748602 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seriously you guys are wankers total. Having crack at same kid week in week out.... please explain your purpose.... my purpose is to call out cheap shotters....

Reply #748603 | Report this post

Bitch  
Years ago

#603 I like you.

Exactly my point. If the loser above knew anything about playing sport at this level, they'd know as a young kid you do your time on the bench and have to do the hard yards to get court time.

I read this forum for the good discussions about the league, then you get dipshits like that that just come up with bullshit that nobody is interested in! They just sound like jealous flogs, so I called it as it is.

Time to move on so the adults can talk kids.

Reply #748606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God I hate tosers

Reply #748609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, time for the haters who are seeking reactions to go away. Picking on bench players is poor form, shows everyone your mental capacity to be honest.
Bugger off trolls and let the basketball minded who enjoy the PL chat in peace. Knobs.

Reply #748614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish people would stop being wankers total.

Reply #748615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is wilson the new vozzo these days or what?

Reply #748617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you stop reacting to their rubbish they will go away. The more you react the more they post!!

Reply #748619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone younger than 25 these days can't help themselves but be wankers

Reply #748620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern vs Sturt - Tigers by 19

Mount Gambier vs Woodville - Pioneers by 15.

West vs Centrals - West by 7

Eastern vs North - North by 33.

Norwood vs South - Norwood by 19.

Reply #748621 | Report this post

Nah vozzo is still a dud monkey

Reply #748622 | Report this post

Have seen some disgusting behavior from the Pioneers. Does anyone else have any have any other examples?

https://gifyu.com/image/EhNQ

Reply #748623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One pioneers fan told me I was stupid and couldn't read weird.....

Reply #748624 | Report this post

here is another link for those who want to see the video.

Reply #748625 | Report this post

You are no longer welcome at my shitty motel after defacing my crumbling organisation being on the seball

Reply #748627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Literally two seconds of my life I'll never get back

Reply #748629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't you be practising your jump shot not making negative comments on hoops Daly?

Reply #748630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Act like a clown every week expect to get treated like one. How come no other bench players are "targeted" except the 2 already mentioned. Obvious reasons why, no jealousy or crap like that. Coach should pull them into line, but Webber is on court most of the time. It's just really embarrassing to watch. Anyway, my last view on the matter as the loser of the post, not a peep from me about the subject anymore with the masses obviously in favour of little Jordy.

Reply #748631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A pioneers fan said I act like a clown weird....

Reply #748635 | Report this post

Bitch  
Years ago

Wow #631, you really have a problem hey. Serious case of jealousy! Grow up mate. Yep, the kids animated on the side lines, but from what I've seen he backs his team, works hard and does well with the minutes he gets - all without the arrogance of some! Fcking move on mate!

Reply #748640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mum #640 your embarrassing yourself for responding smh

Reply #748641 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

When is the Southern makeup game? Anyone know?

Reply #748642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-3656-44095-512275-0&a=COMPS

Reply #748646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So a few weeks ago junior games not cancelled due to wet courts down south because parents can wipe the wet up during a game and premier league were too precious to have the same treatment, and now this week its okay for juniors to not play as its wet and not safe but okay for Premier League. Got the message loud and clear. All those discussion a few weeks ago might not seem so silly now !

Reply #748672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you need to consider the rain and forecast. It was raining this morning. The forecast is that there is a low chance of isolated showers tonight.

Stop making it out to be something it isn't.

Reply #748673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really defensive there, it is what it is and it is actually forecast to rain heavily later and there will be plenty of condensation and those two dryers won't make a difference. Don’t assume we are all ignorant or less intelligent than you and actually want the issues to be resolved and calling out discrepancies that are real barriers to change is part of that. We are on this forum to discuss issues and this is worth discussing. Its a real issue of safety, consistency and credibility. Posts back to 2010 still about the two leaky roofs still not addresses and the disparity between PL and Juniors and the importance of both is also worth discussing.

Reply #748675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was that about rain again ? as it comes bucketing down with 50-80% chance of showers from now on.

Reply #748680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone bagging Pioneers fans yet I've been to every stadium and seen bad fans in every club and some way more than others. Best way is to sit amongst them and listen to it. Some clubs have much larger groups of bad fans and thats worse I feel because its a culture not an individual getting out of hand. That culture is more of a reflection on a club than a single incident or fan.

Reply #748684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers fans are pretty feral. Noticed it when they came to wayville to play the eagles

Reply #748691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Norwoods "new" live feed just absolutely terrible quality or is it just mine?

Reply #748711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just yours. The womens was fine for me, but the mens is unwatchable: way too pixelated.

Reply #748715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure which pixel I should've been looking at for the norwood game so I gave up 20 seconds in. Gambier beats woodville by 40+

Reply #748720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers and North play crap or Sturt and Mavs play well?

Reply #748721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt certainly didn't play well, but were in a winning position until they shat the bed in the last quarter.

Reply #748724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Familiar story for both Sturt and South this year. Southern are playing to the level of their opposition and that will hurt them eventually.

Reply #748731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

W E S T W O W

Reply #748735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^what?

Reply #748739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not having Ben and Tim on in the last few minutes would have changed the outcome. A few missed shots and overexcitement from the younger inexperienced sturt players led to that loss. Something tells me all is not right down south and Codi saved their ass last night with a crucial 3 and steal.

Reply #748754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Mavs North game was a pretty poor spectacle made worse by some confusing and soft refereeing. The only shining light of the night was the cancer awareness fundraising activities of the Stock brothers which was strongly supported by the Mavs community and it seems also by North. Well done boys!!!

Reply #748758 | Report this post

AnonPioneer4lyf  
Years ago

What other fans are bad other than this case you have posted? I have been around the league for years and not bothered with any

Reply #748763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern encouraging kids to run to either end to put the away team shooting free throws off is probably the worst I have seen, and while a bit dickish isn't that bad. Fans are pretty good overall.

Reply #748783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that bad to teach kids bad sportsmanship ???? How about teaching respect and humility. Win or lose, lose well and win with grace. Then they tell the kids to be resilient and parents to shut up and coaches know best. Laughing right now. See some pretty rubbish behaviour from some down there towards opposition players at premier league

Reply #748784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's definitely not good, but compared to what they could be doing having children yell "hungry jacks" isn’t that bad. I’m sure worse stuff happens, not just there but all stadiums, but I’ve never really seen much.

Reply #748789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yelling hungry jacks just makes them look ridiculous its an nbl thing they cpuld just watch the game like lots of other kids do or shoot hoops thats what happens every where else

Reply #748812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not as ridiculous as you look for complaining about it. It's harmless - why do you care?

Reply #748813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think we need to get the AFL security guys to work on saturday nights to get rid of this outright hooliganism

its not needed

get a life people, better have the kids their cheering on for their clubs rather than be out on the streets stealing cars and breaking into local RSL's

Reply #748828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair I'm sure Southern kids fit both on those things into their schedule

Reply #748845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spectators from Pioneers and Tigers are as feral as they get. Funny thing is yelling Hungry Jacks on the 2nd shot when the first one went in shows the intelligence of crowd! The ex President of Pioneers - you should hear what comes out of his mouth on the sidelines - he's a piece of work!

Reply #748894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Intelligence test is knowing that even missing both shots doesn't mean you get a burger in premier league.

Reply #748923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Intelligence test is championing your own intelligence relative to hypothetical kids.

Reply #748937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids would eat a lot better in Morphett Vale if they did get free HJs

Reply #748939 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

#923 looks like you failed your own intelligence test

two consecutive missed foul shots in Premier League does indeed result in free cheeseburgers

at the Icehouse Mt Gambier & McDonalds

from a feral Pioneers fan xx

PS...there's dickheads at EVERY Premier League venue, open your ears AND take off the rose coloured glasses

Reply #749008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cat, I suppose when you play nearly $20 entry fee you'd like a crummy burger. No wonder No one wants you in their league.

Reply #749020 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

anon...did I spell that right?

If you're complaining about $18 for the night they put on down there, you best scamper back to the Projects with your Momma and 3 Daddys.

Reply #749022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$18 is a very small percentage of an ice dealer in Mt Gambiers weekly income.

Reply #749026 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This arrogant nit picking name calling form.of bullying by smart arses needs to stopped. As if it anything but harassment...
All very hurtful.non productive crap written by sad existent losers.

Reply #749029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting. Calling for a stop for name calling and harassment then proceeds to call them sad existent losers. Genius!

Reply #749053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This hate for the pioneers seems to be more prevalent the more games they win.

I am sure all Adelaide clubs would not hesitate to charge $18 if they too could have a thousand or so fans turn up for that amount.

Reply #749065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Interesting. Calling for a stop for name calling and harassment then proceeds to call them sad existent losers. Genius!"

Well they're both losers and guilty of name calling. Hypocritical or not, it's nonetheless accurate.

Reply #749076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have seen forestville and sturt parents who think they are above everyone else act like filthy animals at games

Reply #749081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you aren't at those clubs then they probably are.

Reply #749083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spill the beans

Reply #749100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No she didn't

Reply #749112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good and bad eggs in every club.
Hope those criticising others can look in the mirror knowing they are exemplary, perfect club people.

Reply #749124 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

$18 to go to a game at the ice house is the biggest waste of money. The stadium doesn't hold "thousands" maybe lay off the mt gambier cuisine and focus on numeracy at least we know our ridiculous ticket payments aren’t going to the local schools

Reply #749138 | Report this post

Dog  
Years ago

Shut up cat dogs are superior go back to you drain pipes and old lonely owners

Reply #749141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The word was thousand, singular Einstein. But continue trolling douche!

Reply #749142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers is a country town so people will pay to have a night out watching a quality team because there is limited entertainment. They also have more available cash for entertainment as they don't have as many competing events. Thats how country towns run. City folk don’t
really know how it goes. Pioneers are also big in the community with players coaching and getting amongst the community as well. Its country pride and nothing wrong with that.

Reply #749144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason, I agree, it would be a waste to spend the $18 and watch your team get pumped by 40 odd. Atleast you don't have to outlay a cent to travel down and sit through it, that is unless your club charge you to come on a bus they get for free.

Reply #749145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's so called "ferals" in most clubs, some behavior is pretty bad. But it's in most sports, just look at recent AFL behavior. Really sets a bad precedent to kids, but it's not limited to fans. Some players and benches carry on like pork chops, Norwoods bench is an embarrassment. Wilson cops a lot of flack but he's not the only one. Webbers are terrible with off ball carrying on and trash talk, Rojo hasn't got balls to put them in place. But the towel waving, poses by guys that don't hit the court, and never will is childish. Sure the argument that they're cheering on teammates has been put, but when things aren't going well it's suddenly very quiet. League should put a code of conduct in place for everyone and stick by it. Kids should be going to games to watch and learn from role models instead of a bunch of Muppets!

Reply #749148 | Report this post

Veb Sozzo  
Years ago

Can everyone please stop bickering and just watch this sick mixtape.

ps if anybody is watching I know an awesome point guard who is looking for a starting stop next season. More than willing to hop clubs.

Reply #749158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't cost a cent to drive almost 900km apparently. How’s the intelligence on the country folk

Reply #749160 | Report this post

Dazzworld  
Years ago

This thread made me ROFL

Reply #749161 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Lose by 40? Let's not forget your hometown hero’s haven’t beaten everybody sorry to be the bearer of bad news love xx

Reply #749188 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Anyone know why it's called the ice house? Named after the booming local ice trade industry?

Reply #749190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754