Premier League Round 17
1. Mount Gambier 14-3 - Still ticking along and putting up huge numbers along the way.
2. North Adelaide 12-4 - Week off leave them stable in second.
3. Forestville 14-3 - Majok returned and had a big impact Saturday. Struggled past Southern on Sunday but took a narrow road win.
4. Norwood 12-4 - Easy win but import Moultrie's form has to be a concern.
5. Southern 11-4 - Reasonable win Saturday but would have been disappointed dropping one at home to Forestville. Imports both had big weekends.
Teams looking at 2020
1. West 5-11 - Again proved they're a long way from former glory with 30+ point loss to Mt Gambier
2. Woodville 5-10 - Played Tigers tough but couldn't get it done in the end.
3. Centrals 7-9 - 68 points won't cut it against the top teams. Have dropped off the pace.
4. Sturt 2-14 - Win number two in the books, hoping to salvage what they can from a lost season.
5. Eastern 2-13 - Would have had high hopes of going 2-0 against the Sabres but against couldn't find enough contributors.
6. South 3-12 - Allmon a shining light with a POTW performance but couldn't back up Saturdays competitive outing on Sunday.
Southern vs Sturt
These teams played less than a month ago and going by the play by play was close deep into the final quarter. Sturt have only gotten better since with the addition of Mudronja. Interestingly Carter has not lined up since this game. Gilligan fired on the weekend and the Tigers will again rely heavily on their imports to get the job done.
Tigers by 7 in a close encounter
Mount Gambier vs Woodville
Pioneers have proven they're a level above when they're in top gear, which the have been the past month. Woodville are battlers but with the travel factored in, I can't see this being too competitive.
Pioneers by 33.
West vs Centrals
This was considered an early season upset out at Starplex. Centrals have had the better season but their form the past couple of weeks is trending down. West are clearly a player or two short of contending but I expect they'll get it done here.
West by 4.
Eastern vs North
Mavs showed some promise early this year but again are limping to the line with just two wins. North had the week off but before then had proven one of the form sides in the league. Can't see the Mavs being able to hang with the frontline of the Rockets here.
North by 19.
Norwood vs South
Moultrie may not be providing as expected but Norwood are still hanging in there. Veteran experience will get them the W in this one, though Allmon may have his way inside against their lack of size.
Norwood by 13.