Anonymous
Years ago

Tyreke Evans considering NBL move

Tyreke Evans, the former NBA Rookie of the Year, has made exploratory calls about playing in the NBL, multiple sources told foxsports.com.au.
The combo guard, who recently received a two-year ban from the NBA for violating the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program, gauged the idea of playing in the Australian league, but there's no indication the discussions went further than that.

At least one team has shown interest in engaging in talks with Evans, sources said.

Evans, a 6’6 guard, most recently played for the Indiana Pacers, averaging 10.2 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game.

The anti-drug policy Evans violated was not steroids or performance-enhancing drugs, and he could be reinstated in the NBA in 2021, if he gets approval from league officials and the players association.

The 29-year-old was the fourth overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft - selected by the Sacramento Kings - and would go on to win the Rookie of the Year award.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/tyreke-evans-made-exploratory-calls-about-playing-in-the-nbl-sources/news-story/23d3873f2c9288151b0b9980791a9a4b

Topic #45413 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what team would take him

Reply #748705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was actually thinking he'd be a solid option for the NBL. Would be good for the Wildcats, but not sure they'd want someone who loves a recreational drug though after Jaron Johnson lol

Reply #748706 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Right, because Johnson is the first Wildcats player ever to use recreational drugs.

Reply #748710 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Any team in the league would have him if they could.

Reply #748713 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Maybe not KBRLZ but was he the first released because of it?
I found this post in another thread, I'm guessing it was meant for here.

No. Rashad Tucker and David Bailey beat him to it (although I'm not sure if Bailey had re-signed yet, so he may technically not have been released, but a signing was certainly planned until the news hit).

Reply #748738 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Notwithstanding the drugs issue, which team(s) are still chasing a combo guard import?

Reply #748740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is he is chasing money equal to China offers.
Meaning he will be the highest paid player ever to play NBL.

Wont happen.

Reply #748742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne payed Kennedy ridiculous coin last season, you never know.

Reply #748750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know if China will let him in the country. Maybe cairns or Brisbane

Reply #748757 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He wouldn't be able to get Bogut level money in the NBL but considering how close the NBL is to the NBA these days I wonder if the NBA would be happy an NBL team signing a suspended NBA player?

Reply #748775 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

He's on the Pacers roster and Gleeson is coaching with the Pacers...

Reply #748817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne, SEM and Perth are the favourites according to Aussie Hoopla

Reply #748861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not on the Pacers roster. Gleeson is going to get about as close to him as I am.

Reply #748990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754