Anonymous
Years ago

The Aussies in USA High School thread

Makur Maker
Adolkah Gak
Jayden Stone

Any others in the high school system over in the states?

Topic #45424 | Report this topic

Scopes44  
Years ago

Their could be hundreds i reckon. Some elite, some doing student exchange programs.

I tried doing it in the mid 90's, i know I wasnt the greatest, but there are opportunities within all US to go high school and then college via scholarships. Doesnt mean pro material or div 1,2,3 but the opportunities there. Sorry maybe a bit off topic.

Reply #749139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality is there are few aussies who actually get a full scholarship so when people bandy around about their kids going to college sometimes its actually meaningless in the talk about talent. Many just don't have the parents with money or interest even if they do have talent. Some want to stay here to build a life and thats okay too. There are many ways to define success and there are many ways to beef up success as well.

Reply #749143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harrison Hornery class of 2021 prospect

Reply #749149 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

How many refugee kids has Ed Smith kidnapped recently?

Reply #749150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bofinger at Montverde should play D1. We had a few at La Lumiere a couple of years ago, don't know if any still there.

Agree with Scopes44. A fair majority of kids outside of D1 are distinguished from those not at college only by parental resources and choice. Most kids there for high school are relying on significant family resources. Some of them can play, but the fact that they're in the US is pretty meaningless by itself. If the goal is just to play high school basketball in the US, most rep kids could do an exchange to a school with an average program and probably make the team.

Reply #749163 | Report this post

smoke  
Years ago

Bronson Borlace &
Stephen Olowoniyi

Class of 2022 I think?. Former Longhorns juniors in Sunshine, Melbourne who are at Inspire Academy, Kentucky (twitter.com/aspirejrwizards). I had the pleasure of working with these kids before they left, hard workers and fast learners.

Reply #749189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North Carolina's Tri-City Christian School
Malek Malual
Chol deng
Paul Tako
Sila Tako

Reply #749396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ky Green (Josh Green's younger brother)

Reply #749397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Schwalger Prolific prep California

Reply #749517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper Creek, west Aussie kid just finished High school in Boston going to prep school

Already offered DBU, Hawaii Pacific D2 and Hartford D1 still being recruited for 2020

Reply #749624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754