He never said that.

Reply #749275 | Report this post

Lakersworld  
Years ago

I call bullshit

Reply #749277 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Breakers are working them out as well as 5 NBA teams.

Sadly I can't see it happening

Reply #749284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old broken down players that will come in and not work hard.

Reply #749305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a massive win for exposure internationally, and local interest to bring people to games/tv ratings to get NBA vets, especially household names of this calibre.

I can't help but think that washed up vets are further away from NBA level than the fringe NBA talents in their prime that we managed to get as a more typical import signing, however, and these guys also come in with less to prove and generally worse attitudes.

Like both guys have been out of the league for years now, and likely only stuck in there the last few because of name value and potential resurgence. Nowadays some of our current imports would probably stand a better chance of making a roster and may smoke them if they come to the NBL (and maybe that does credibility for the league in the eyes of more casual fans if it shows we can make big name vets look mediocre).

Same reason I'm a little worried Aaron Brooks may not completely light it up, but he's a lot less far removed from NBA production.

Reply #749317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South East Melbourne will be taking in this workout too

Reply #749911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754