Earlier this year
Premier League Round 18
1. Mount Gambier 15-3 - Another week, another huge score and big home win.
2. North Adelaide 13-4 - Had some trouble getting past Mavs but the streak continues.
3. Forestville 14-3 - Week off, some interesting challenges ahead.
4. Norwood 13-4 - Only took a quarter to take care of South
5. Southern 12-4 - Keeping in touch with the big 4, but Sturt gave them everything they could handle.
Teams looking at 2020
1. West 6-11 - Handled Centrals and will be eyeing off a 6th placed finish.
2. Woodville 5-11 - Took their lumps down at Mount Gambier but no one worthy of jumping them in the rankings.
3. Centrals 7-10 - Limping to the finish line.
4. Sturt 2-15 - A very respectable performance against Southern but again showed a lack of experience in not being able to close the deal.
5. Eastern 2-14 - Nearly stole one from North Adelaide but like Sturt just couldn't get it done.
6. South 3-13 - Back to back POTW for Allmon, an encouraging performance against Norwood, save for a one quarter meltdown.
South vs North
Interesting time of year for these top vs bottom type of matchups with Norths sights firmly on finals and Souths on off season recruiting. As we saw last week this can lead to some closer than expected results. Having said that, North have too many athletes for South to handle.
North by 14.
Mt Gambier vs Sturt
Tough road trip for Sturt, especially as new recruit Alex Mudronja is overseas losing at the World Uni Games instead of with the Sabres. Mount Gambier have been flexing on teams and despite Sturt having shown improvement recently, I expect the Pioneers to handle this one easily.
Pioneers by 25.
West vs Eastern
You'd expect West to take care of this one. 6th spot is open for the taking with Centrals taking a late season nose dive. Whether that's enough to keep them engaged it remains to be seen but they'll get the job done here.
West by 12.
Centrals vs Woodville
Woodville have been in reasonable form before running head first into the Pioneers juggernaught last week. They might just have enough to get a win against Centrals here.
Woodville by 3.
Forestville vs Norwood
Easily game of the round. This one has big finals seeding implications. They haven't played since April where Norwood in the midst of a 10-1 start to the season defeated the Eagles by 1. I think Forestville size with Majok and Mays should give Norwood some trouble here.
Forestville by 4.
Southern vs South
South have had a habit of playing well for 3 quarters but not quite being able to get it done against good sides. Whether Southern are legitimately a good side remains to be seen but a rested Tigers should have enough to get over a fatigued Panthers team.
Southern by 8.