Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 18

1. Mount Gambier 15-3 - Another week, another huge score and big home win.
2. North Adelaide 13-4 - Had some trouble getting past Mavs but the streak continues.
3. Forestville 14-3 - Week off, some interesting challenges ahead.
4. Norwood 13-4 - Only took a quarter to take care of South
5. Southern 12-4 - Keeping in touch with the big 4, but Sturt gave them everything they could handle.

Teams looking at 2020

1. West 6-11 - Handled Centrals and will be eyeing off a 6th placed finish.
2. Woodville 5-11 - Took their lumps down at Mount Gambier but no one worthy of jumping them in the rankings.
3. Centrals 7-10 - Limping to the finish line.
4. Sturt 2-15 - A very respectable performance against Southern but again showed a lack of experience in not being able to close the deal.
5. Eastern 2-14 - Nearly stole one from North Adelaide but like Sturt just couldn't get it done.
6. South 3-13 - Back to back POTW for Allmon, an encouraging performance against Norwood, save for a one quarter meltdown.

Saturday
South vs North
Interesting time of year for these top vs bottom type of matchups with Norths sights firmly on finals and Souths on off season recruiting. As we saw last week this can lead to some closer than expected results. Having said that, North have too many athletes for South to handle.

North by 14.

Mt Gambier vs Sturt
Tough road trip for Sturt, especially as new recruit Alex Mudronja is overseas losing at the World Uni Games instead of with the Sabres. Mount Gambier have been flexing on teams and despite Sturt having shown improvement recently, I expect the Pioneers to handle this one easily.

Pioneers by 25.

West vs Eastern
You'd expect West to take care of this one. 6th spot is open for the taking with Centrals taking a late season nose dive. Whether that's enough to keep them engaged it remains to be seen but they'll get the job done here.

West by 12.

Centrals vs Woodville
Woodville have been in reasonable form before running head first into the Pioneers juggernaught last week. They might just have enough to get a win against Centrals here.

Woodville by 3.

Forestville vs Norwood
Easily game of the round. This one has big finals seeding implications. They haven't played since April where Norwood in the midst of a 10-1 start to the season defeated the Eagles by 1. I think Forestville size with Majok and Mays should give Norwood some trouble here.

Forestville by 4.

Sunday
Southern vs South
South have had a habit of playing well for 3 quarters but not quite being able to get it done against good sides. Whether Southern are legitimately a good side remains to be seen but a rested Tigers should have enough to get over a fatigued Panthers team.

Southern by 8.

Topic #45439 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern by 80 you mean

Reply #749366 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Nah mate think he means 8. Still on blue dot reading books? Don't worry you’ll get there

Reply #749374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any truth one of the Webbers is suspended after cussing out the umpires after a recent game

Reply #749391 | Report this post

Saylor Twift  
Years ago

Yeah bro put your house on it if you pray hard enough and be a good boy Santa might reward you and suspend both. Take your pick what Webber do you want to be suspended? Whichever you decide won't happen because your making stuff up jog on donkey

Reply #749399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someones a bit grumpy, the person only asked a question.

Reply #749401 | Report this post

Saylor Twift  
Years ago

I'm sorry long day at work you probably wouldn’t understand xx

Reply #749403 | Report this post

Wanye Kest  
Years ago

@401 sick of fake fans making fake predictions. I agree with Saylor, and use your real name unless you're a cowardly anonymous.

Reply #749404 | Report this post

Mhil Pytitties  
Years ago

You guys have too much time on your hands to ruin these threads, why are we not talking about the great PG from the mavs, surely he is leading the league in assists?

Reply #749405 | Report this post

Come stay at my hotel please it's really nice I promise

Reply #749407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re: the comment over a Webber being suspended. I heard the same thing at last week's game. It was 12 weeks but it was being appealed.

Reply #749409 | Report this post

Saylor Twift  
Years ago

12 weeks? Does that give the eagles enough time to play DJ 43 seconds asking for a friend

Reply #749411 | Report this post

Woj  
Years ago

#409 I can confirm that is 100% bullshit sorry

Reply #749412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appealing against the administrative tribunal penalty. Date of appeal TBA. One Webber is more petulant and arrogant than the other so it's not too difficult to work out which one. (Especially when they are losing).

Reply #749414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now the truth comes out , administrative tribunal

Reply #749418 | Report this post

You softies think Webber is arrogant, you should see our 6th man with younger brother syndrome

Reply #749421 | Report this post

Dam Saly  
Years ago

If you are referring to me, I am the better Saly, Dom is more arrogant but I am better

Reply #749423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy to see both Webbers given their marching orders.

Reply #749425 | Report this post

Your nan  
Years ago

A.webber should be suspended, been going on for years

Reply #749429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time Webber copper a suspension. The guy is a grade A knob on the court who gets away with everything under the guise of "competing hard"

Reply #749432 | Report this post

D.Webber  
Years ago

A.Webber is by far the scumiest player I know. Has great WWE moves though.

Reply #749434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is true that particularly A Webber does some dirty stuff under the guise of "playing hard".
Gives the refs non stop grief as well and Morwood cry foul without wondering why they "seem" to get a hard time from them.
Coach should do something about it.

Reply #749439 | Report this post

Salty fans  
Years ago

I agree A. Webber should be suspended, the guy doesn't even average a tech or unsportsmanlike foul a game. Surely you can't be suspended if you haven't even been ejected

Reply #749440 | Report this post

Umpire  
Years ago

I am in charge and I love the power that umpiring gives me therefore I can suspend anyone I want without even ejecting them

Reply #749441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umps suck, only do it because they couldn't play

Reply #749447 | Report this post

Bob Francis  
Years ago

Look I may be wrong but kawhi not signing has got me thinking.... maybe he's wanting to go elsewhere it’s cold in Toronto and warm in Australia that’s a bonus. Plus premier league has good players. Vozzo, truslove and don’t even get me started on Cameron bell. Maybe just maybe he’s going to Sturt. I may be wrong but just think about it

Reply #749453 | Report this post

Woj  
Years ago

I'm not gonna say your right... But watch this space.

Reply #749454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont forget he will make a nasty frontcourt tandem with big benny carter and the alphabet rigby aktanariowichzz

Reply #749460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Video doesn't lie

Reply #749467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #749472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck.. Andrew Webber just got suspended for 5 weeks for continuous official abuse..

Reply #749474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can he still coach?

Reply #749476 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Flames go out. Was he warned throughout the game. Why wasn't he tech's. Seems strange if true.

Reply #749481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it escalated post match

Reply #749498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whos ready to smash some tinnies aye we gonna actuall win tonight bruzies.
might have to get tayla my 10 yo daughter to go down the road and score me a bag cos i cant drive drunk.

so ready for the game aye

Reply #749516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a Tigers home game tonight?^

Reply #749528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me guess pioneers fan?

Reply #749530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is Webber suspended or not?

Reply #749540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We heard he was but threatened legal action so they suspended the sentence , just a rumour though ,

Reply #749562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Mudronja and Isaac White doing Adelade proud playing for Australia- comment before losing - i mean really they are playing for a quarter final spot today - real dumb comment prior ref: Sturt against Mt Gambier - the writer should have more sense.
I can report both are playing exceptionally well and just came off a win against Mexico - win or loose be proud as these fine SA boys and all the team are doing the nation proud

Reply #749574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Mudronja and Isaac White doing Adelade proud playing for Australia- comment before losing - i mean really they are playing for a quarter final spot today - real dumb comment prior ref: Sturt against Mt Gambier - the writer should have more sense.
I can report both are playing exceptionally well and just came off a win against Mexico - win or loose be proud as these fine SA boys and all the team are doing the nation proud

Reply #749575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke, forestville Norwood men called off because of a leaking roof, amateur hour again for this state.

Reply #749588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both would be very loose if you got ahold of them

Reply #749590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville must've known the game was going to be called off if they were given Cameron bell minutes blokes useless

Reply #749591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville bending the rules re reserves? 3 starters playing 6 seconds then fouling to allow their actual starters to play this week?

Reply #749593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less jealousy more towel waving thanks Jordy

Reply #749594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt beating Pioneers after they give that hack Cale Matthews his marching orders. Not a coincidence

Reply #749595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marching orders? He get kicked off the team?

Reply #749596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be kicked off the team for calling himself Ca$h.

Reply #749597 | Report this post

Cheatgles  
Years ago

Fuck I love the eagles bring on finals baby

Reply #749598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Know I'm going to be accused of being a hater, but how much better would Ben Carter be if he seriously got into shape, round not being one of them. Has great basketball iq, good passer etc but is carrying too much weight. Would have thought year in top college would have seen him hit the gym and get some definition, but watching him tonight he's still got his puppy fat going on. Still has tuck shop lady arms and man boobs.

Reply #749599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood were about to be spanked super hard by at least 20 in the last half...they're lucky it got called off

Reply #749603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up teys you didn't even play you flop

Reply #749606 | Report this post

Riley Reid  
Years ago

I believe he was not playing because he was shooting a video with yours truly.

Reply #749608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seb Vozzo a big no show tonight... Eastern certainly needed his bench prowess

Reply #749614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How convenient for Forestville now they can get Teys back for rematch

Reply #749616 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Very convenient... smell a rat.

Reply #749618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the rat eat the hole in the roof?

Reply #749619 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Game should be declared a non result... sub standard facilities. Penalise away clubs. Who have to now modify programs through no fault of there's... how hard to get these things sorted. Not a new problem.

Reply #749620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Use Marion or Hillcrest. Least games are played there when it's raining.

Reply #749621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would maybe agree if clubs had any control over venues. Both facilities are operated by BSA though, I don't think the clubs in them should be penalised.

Reply #749622 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well BSA hang head in shame. Not hard to fix a leak. Top level indoor sport and called off due to rain.
Its not like you can say didn't know. Don't you play indoors to make elements non issues.

Reply #749623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#614 I believe uni nationals is on, that might be where he is

Reply #749634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand.
If the floor was wet at the Forestville v Norwood game, couldn't Jordy Wilson have just used his towel to wipe it up?

Reply #749637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given there is two weekends to finals and Forestville is in Mt Gambier for one of them when are games caught up

Reply #749639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood have 2 makeups now don't they with same problem at morphett vale, will test their old bones and lack of depth.

Reply #749647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood have 2 makeups now don't they with same problem at morphett vale, will test their old bones and lack of depth.

Reply #749648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern played last weeks game on dodgy court 4 with old wooden backboards that are uneven in height. Forestville could have moved to another court and shifted the aluminium seats or is the whole stadium wet ! There is weather forecasts that could give BSA time to move games to the Arena which is hardly used now. Woody used it as a home base whole St Clair rebuilt so whats the diff. All Bs to me and PPP.

Reply #749649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole stadium was rained out a couple of Saturdays ago. I think this could have been foreshadowed.

Reply #749650 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Exactly. Smell a rat in Denmark.

Reply #749652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All 3 courts at Wayville had leaks

Reply #749660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville should look at a new stadium. I believe there is one becoming free at Hillcrest shortly that can be used all year round!!

Or maybe Norwood can upgrade from the leaking ARC. Aptly named I think!!

Reply #749665 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Surely any handy andy can fix. Handy andy can fix most things.. Bob the builder option too... when in doubt duct tape. Solves all problems.

Reply #749675 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

A couple of Saturdays ago junior games were also cancelled at Wayville due to rain and leaking roof. BSA have had plenty of time to deal with the problems but have failed to rectify. "Wayville", the home of district basketball !!!! Absolute joke and embarrassment to Basketball in SA. BSA hang your heads in shame.

Reply #749677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been an issue for years. Google "hoops Wayville leaks" and you get a ton of hits. Not a new problem which makes it even worse.

Reply #749680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

665, what?
The arc leaks? Terrible if true.

Reply #749689 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

Yes ARC had a leak but was fixed promptly. No issues since

Reply #749735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess i don't need to check when the school holidays start.
Just read from Saylor Twift to Woj to smelling a rat about the Wayville roof to realize there are some bored school kids sitting at home in their PJ's. There is less and less talk about hoops on this site each week. Give it a rest unless you can add something about the actual games.

Reply #749763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He gets some grief here but BJ for POW? 37/8/6.
Any other front runners?

Reply #749766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He gets some grief here but BJ for POW? 37/8/6.
Any other front runners?

Reply #749768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either BJ or Gilligan for 37/11/3 also against South.

Reply #749771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has turned it around a bit from the start of the season.

From a quick look at stats, these two might be in the conversation, but BJ gets it for me.

Gilligan 37/11 on 60% shooting
Allmon 29/16

Reply #749772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I looked at stats and seems BJ stepped up big with Jack McVeigh not playing. 112 points without Jack is impressive.

Reply #749779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are on a 10-0 winning streak since struggling to win at 4-4.
Something has clicked. Playing defense like a Hawkes team and playing together. Can they beat Gambier?

Reply #749782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they beat south lets not get too excited

Reply #749787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And nine other teams.

What happens with the Eagles Norwood game? Replay?

Reply #749788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW BJ shot at 68%

Reply #749789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What court did Southern play on this weekend despite the rains !!!! End court last week. Got their 2nd import in just in time with that 'condensation' cancellation.

Reply #749791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port Adelaide also leaked during games on Saturday night

Reply #749792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilligan would have qualified regardless.

Roof works on going at Southern but courts 3 & 4 now have been finished.

Reply #749793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Tigers new favourites for title then

Reply #749800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Tigers just making up the numbers in the finals.

Reply #749806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roof leaked in Port Adelaide and the refs just stood around with smiles on their faces not giving a rats ass about potential player injuries. 1 player from each team slipped. You would think BSA would get their acts together and run the show correctly.

Maybe BSA need a management change like they are changing all their other positions every 5 minutes.

So why didn't Molly play for South Saturday night?

Reply #749812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you expect from an organization thats staff is made up of referees!

Reply #749846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When BSA employed Scott Butler they assumed it was the ref not the coach.

Reply #749851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pay peanuts get monkeys

Reply #749861 | Report this post

teal575  
Years ago

Mollie played.....it was the coach that went missing!!

Reply #749869 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Such a pity so many conspiracy theories do the rounds. Should only dealt in facts. Which stadiums still leak. A leak fixed is no longer a leak.

Reply #749876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McK played Saturday night but not Sunday against her old club. No idea why but disappointing. Hatchard injured.

Reply #749878 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754