Zodiac
Years ago

Russell Westbrook Traded To Houston For Chris Paul + Picks

OKC have just traded Russell Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul, 2 x 1st Rd picks and right to swap two more picks.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/11/report-russell-westbrook-traded-to-rockets-for-chris-paul/

Bad trade by OKC but good trade for Houston and reunites Harden & Westbrook.

Topic #45479 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

OKC want to tank, i'm sure they'll move Chris Paul and Adams on too.

Reply #750234 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Full tank mode for OKC with an absolute stash of future first round picks. I imagine they'll be pretty active in the next few years free agency. Houston will be so interesting to watch with Russ and Harden being 1 & 2 in usage rate last year. No one is else is getting a shot

Reply #750235 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

OKC is tanking in a way never seen before.

They don't even really have young prospects on the roster. Absolute fire sale. Gonna be a d-league team out there.

Reply #750238 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It was hard to picture Houston being even less enjoyable to watch this season than the last 2, but there you go. Some sort of miracle.

Reply #750240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OKc Just sack your coach already...we have a couple of coaches here in Oz that could have worked with the talent you have had and now lost. Shame on the management for not addressing the real issue. Those players were willing to commit to the community but had no choice but to walk away.

Reply #750243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston are going to need 2 balls to play with.

Reply #750244 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Great trade by OKC*

They've traded for something like 8 first round picks and 3 pick swap options over the next several years.

Westbrook + PG13 wasn't going to deliver a championship. In the wake of PG's trade request, now at least they have a clear direction.

Reply #750245 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Just can't see how Harden and Westbrook can work together.

So what's next? I would think Adams to Boston for picks/prospects would work for both teams.

Reply #750252 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

OKC with a whole heap of draft assets over the coming years and they still have Adams to trade out.

Reply #750254 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

OKC will also be hoping CP3 can rehab is image/game this season with the hope of finding someone to take on the last 2 years of his deal from 2020. I think its a long shot though. I think he's destined to play out 2 years in OKC before being waved and stretched before 21-22 season.

Reply #750255 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

This is where the NBA trading and picks system becomes a bit ridiculous. Imagine being an OKC fan. How could you be interested in a team that appears to be entering a multi-season tank-mode?

Reply #750256 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, it is a meat market, but the interest now surely lies with where Adams could be going, does it not?

Who is in need of a dominant centre like this great Kiwi baller!!

Reply #750258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust the process Part II

Reply #750262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754