Keefy
Years ago

Another Close One

Another close with The Taipans tonight. Sixers getting up by 2 - 112-110. The big three of Maher, Farley and Dusty all scoring 23 points apiece.

Was there much defence played in the first half with a combined score of almost 130 points.

Topic #4548 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

108 to 109 acually. maher hits a lay up with 3 seconds to go to win game

Reply #52851 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Loved the Black brand tissue box and several references to 0.7 seconds.

Reply #52852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what an outstanding game, bring on melbourne

Reply #52856 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

I thought the crowd was very poor. There was no atmosphere in there at all and I was told that it was probably one of the better crowds this season, that spells trouble.

But then again, paying over $20 to watch guys fumble the ball like they did tonight, wasn't pretty. Coops in particular had a shocker around the basket handling the ball.

Even the fact that Alan Black had a few words to say on a few occasions, and Melvin Thomas getting into it with Reesy, and yet you wouldnt have know there was a crowd in the building until Maher made the lay-up to put us ahead and then the celebrations after Cat missed the buzzer beater.

As for the new pre-game stuff, a long way off being good, but I must say I am very impressed with the effort the game night group has gone to to try and do something to improve the presentation of the product on the floor.

Reply #52859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bulldog you are an fing knob, coops played great the boys did well under presure and the crowd was quite lowd down the stretch, how bout you stop whinging you little bitch

Reply #52863 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I thought the crowd was very loud tonight, especially to help the boys get home in the last few minutes.

The game itself wasn't great, especially when we went downhill in the 3rd, but the crowd was definatly better than what it has been.

Reply #52864 | Report this post

Starscream  
Years ago

I dont know where you were sitting bulldog, but it was bloody loud where i was, most of the noise by me an my mates but still there was a good atmosphere around.
Also that was the BEST game i've seen Coop's play he was awesome tonight that tip-in he got was GOLD!

Reply #52865 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Bulldog have u been asleep for the last 4 weeks or what?!!!!.. This is by far the biggest crowd we have had this season . Why dont u stop your bitching and come down to the dome and support basketball instead of whinging about the crowd.

Reply #52883 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah another here to say everything was great last night. Great game, good crowd that was loud at the right times and generally good all night. I even feel the pre game moved a little better as well. half time was more entertaining also.

Reply #52906 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I couldn't care less about the crowd. I'm worried about anyone with the name "panther lover". I hope you're referring to the club and not the individual!

Reply #52931 | Report this post

Starscream  
Years ago

LOL Moses, i never thought of that good point

Reply #52946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulldog you are a tool. Coops pulled in big ones when they really counted. His dunk was awesome. I feel he was the difference between the two teams. Go Coops.

Reply #52967 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

the only thing the game lacked was a big reesy screen !!!

Reply #52974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754