sawmeinhalf
Years ago

Who is Gary Boodnikoff?

Where has Gary Boodnikoff come from this season? After 5 games it's hard to call it a fluke that he's shooting three's at an amazing 67% so far leading the league in both 3 point and field goal %. He's not some accurate bench bunny either cos he's hit 24 of 36.

Is he getting some seriously open looks and good screens? Is it that Darnell and Cat are drawing defence to leave him open?

Looks like he's after Oscar's title.

Topic #4550 | Report this topic

AJ  
Years ago

I think he used to play for Victoria giants before they went bust

Reply #52876 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

He played for Cairns last season and shot a respectable clip from beyond the arc.

He hasnt come from no where just a case of slowly forcing coaches to give him minutes.

Quailty player - didn't he win ROY when he was at Sydney, if not he must have come close?

Reply #52877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep he was ROY in his one year with the Kings (1st championship season). He looked to have all the potential in the world, but clashed with Goorjian and left for the Giants and then Cairns where he seemed to disappear under the coaching of Wright and then Molloy. Black would be a good coach for him. He'd need someone tough but not too tough to bring out the best.

He could well become a big player in the NBL. He has all the pieces if he's motivated.

Reply #52879 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

avreaging 21 pts a game this year he sure is a quality player. Alan Black's style of coaching would suit him fine. He has developed but dont be surprised about his shooting. I remeber seeing hjim with Sydney in 2003 and he was knocking down some good threes. It's just that Goorjan is a defensive style coach and needs every single bloody thing to be perfect. College style basketball. He should get even better as the season goes on and i wouldnt be surprised if he gets looked at by the australian team. Good size, height, and excellent outside shooter.

Reply #52884 | Report this post

Big Unit  
Years ago

Who is sawmeinhalf? bet he/she cant shoot the 3 ball that well.

Reply #52941 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

His dad played for West Adelaide during the seventies too, but Gary is a more complete player

Reply #52960 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Boodnikoff also plays for The Netherlands National team. I saw the game he played against Israel.

Reply #53014 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754