Anon
Years ago

LARISSA ANDERSON JOINS Deakin Melbourne BOOMERS COACHING STAFF

The Deakin Melbourne Boomers are delighted to announce that Larissa Anderson has joined the club's coaching staff as assistant coach.

Larissa will add a wealth of experience to the team, after a successful four-year stint as WNBL head coach of the Dandenong Rangers.

Boomers head coach Guy Molloy says he is "thrilled" to be bringing in someone of Larissa’s calibre to the coaching set up.

“This is a unique opportunity, it isn’t often that you can bring in the coach of your inner-city rivals,” he said.

“Larissa is well known for her ability to build chemistry within her Dandenong sides, so we feel she can really help us shape that on-court chemistry with the Boomers.”

As part of her role, Larissa will also focus on ramping up the Boomers’ academy program, as the club looks to build a pathway for players with the potential to play in the WNBL.

“We’re serious about the program and we’re going to use Larissa’s experience to help with the training and development of our players through the academy,” Guy added.

“There are unique needs in this area in the WNBL and we’re trying to create a development opportunity and pathway for talented, emerging WNBL players to receive the same training as professional players.”

Larissa racked up over 300 WNBL games during an impressive playing career with the Boomers and Rangers.

“I am excited to be returning back to the Boomers club where I played for over ten years. I look forward to working with Guy and the rest of the team in striving to win a WNBL championship and to help drive the development pathways within the club.”

Guy and Larissa will be joined by Paul Flynn and Kennedy Kereama who complete a highly experienced senior coaching set up for the 2019/2020 WNBL season.

Topic #45502 | Report this topic

robt.  
Years ago

Please, stop using "Boomers" to describe Melbourne Boomers, especially with WC's and Olympics coming up. You may be trying to get people to look at your threads knowing that. What's the point?

Reply #750681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha yeh exactly. For a second I thought the men's national team had signed a woman as coach.

Reply #750689 | Report this post

Perfwerld  
Years ago

Clearly the intent to deceive here with that title i'd say

Reply #750702 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What excuse will Molloy have this season when he comes up short yet again.
How does this guy keep getting gigs when he doesn't deliver?

Reply #750759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to feel sorry for nz N.T. Why would they make molloy head coach...

Reply #750761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754