FreeWilly
Years ago

South Australias state Pool A/B Open Knockout

anyone know if theres interesting athletes being showcased at the state knockout in a few weeks time? in previous years there have been strong players in both Pool A and B who have gone off to college and play Premier League, any schools or individuals to watch out for who could potentially go to Nationals in December?

Topic #45550 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Know the Powerhouses such as PAC, Henley, Nazreth and Trinity are always a strong chance at taking out the Open As, there are alot of state level players competing, making it a very eventful day of good level basketball, especiially from teams vying for a medal

in pool B, there are talented players in less talented teams, I expected Glenunga to go strong before a shock loss to marryatville, I also hear Paralowie displayed a dominant performance over there competitors, along with East Rynella too

Reply #751926 | Report this post

balla  
Years ago

re: I Know the Powerhouses such as PAC, Henley, Nazreth and Trinity are always a strong chance at taking out the Open As, there are alot of state level players competing, making it a very eventful day of good level basketball, especiially from teams vying for a medal

in pool B, there are talented players in less talented teams, I expected Glenunga to go strong before a shock loss to marryatville, I also hear Paralowie displayed a dominant performance over there competitors, along with East Rynella too

Trinity and Nazreth will be very strong, both boasting essentially div 1 junior teams. very tough to beat, my pick for the top 2 in open As, despite henley being lead by woodville PL player, just dont see enough depth

Pool B, surely glenunga missing there key player? (Sturt junior state captain?) reynella have a few southern players playing, while modbury having alot of competive players from local district clubs also. apparently someone from paralowie dropping 40 in both wins in round 1?

Reply #751936 | Report this post

rev  
Years ago

theres a rough guideline about naming players under the age of 18, but is there any way you could point out high level players whithout naming? dont know who the elite players are due to not being farmliar with the schools and strength of respective programs, but would still like to know who to watch out for

Reply #751972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys need to relax its not like american highschool bsketball with lobs getting chcuked and stands filled with crazy teenagers. the school atmosphere here while Elite players may particpate, arent much better then friday night basketball.

Reply #751974 | Report this post

insight  
Years ago

Pool A
Henley High- Woodville PL starter, SA Captain, ADC Atendee, Elite player
Nazreth- Multiple SA U 18 players, North Adelaide Rockets U18s
Nazreth- 1 particular ADC atendee, North Adelaide Rockets U18s
SPOC- Norwood PL player, strong forward
Trinity- State Representitive SA Metro, ELite Shooter, Central Lions U18s
Trinity- Athletic Wing, SA Metro Representive, Under-developed Anyang Garang

Pool B-
Glenunga- SA Metro Captain, Reserves Player for Sturt, U18s also
Paralowie- Multiple SA Reserve, PL Bench, Reserve PLayer at West Adelaide
East Rynella- Former U16 State Player, Southern Tigers

Reply #751977 | Report this post

insight  
Years ago

Note- NITP recieves the information from Kids and schools and clubs, hence the knowledge of the information above, aswell as coaching many of the kids mentioned.

Reply #751979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754