#NBL20
@NZBreakers
' Next Star,
@RjHampton14
has signed a 5-year, multi-million dollar signature shoe deal with Li-Ning

Topic #45564 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

BREAKING: Top-ranked guard RJ Hampton signs 5-year, multi-million dollar signature shoe deal with Li-Ning, in advance of playing overseas & entering 2020 NBA Draft.

"I want to be the face of something global that's bigger than just the US."
— @RJHampton14

Reply #752292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, throwing money at him.

Reply #752294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many NBL players have shoe deals?

Reply #752296 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"How many NBL players have shoe deals?"

One. RJ Hampton.

Reply #752308 | Report this post

PerthGalaxy  
Years ago

This is great for both RJ and NBL.

Really admire this kid for his vision and creating his own "business" path through the world of professional basketball.

I like that this endorsement may get NIKE interested and start looking at the NBL as potential sponsorship opportunities.

Anything to get away from First Ever!

It's also a message to other high schoolers who may want to skip college to get a shoe deal and play pro a year earlier.

Reply #752312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How many NBL players have shoe deals?"

One. RJ Hampton.

What about melo and bbb or Nike maybe?

Does Bogut have a shoe deal?

Reply #752315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This could be big for the NBL
Sponsorship $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply #752319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NZ Breakers are endorsed by Nike, so essentially every player there has a shoe deal. I believe they are the only club in this situation.

Reply #752324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How will that work for rj and Li ning then?

Reply #752325 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Does Bogut have a shoe deal?"

When shoes become edible, he'll be the perfect candidate

Reply #752329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Does Bogut have a shoe deal?"

When shoes become edible, he'll be the perfect candidate

Does he have a non edible shoe deal?

Reply #752332 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Quite sure a few players have shoe deals, I remember back in the day Chris Goulding had one with And-1. Just because you dont have a signature shoe doesnt mean you dont have a shoe deal.

Reply #752380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you ok Perth your going a little off topic

Reply #752386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth you know they have forums for that

Reply #752399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Gaze have Pony's in the 80s then his own Kmart shoe line? Wonder if he actually wore them in games though, can't remember? And Ferguson had his Under Armours couple of years ago.
At least Li-Ning has had a few years experience with Wade to fine tune marketability and "technology". A few Wades were actually nice.
Don't think Nike is going to panic and sponsor league or multiple teams, but it's another carrot for kids to go pro if they can get guaranteed money from shoe companies. And win win for them too, cheaper than Zions $75 million with Jordan.

Reply #752452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I don't even think Lamelo will wear BBB, think that companies dead. Hope Dad doesn't mess that one up, cost Lonzo how much with Nike?

Reply #752453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to find out who has shoe deals in the NBL

Reply #752461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most nba players don't have shoe deals, why would nbl? Teams may get some sent but I don't thing they're going to bring out a pair of Air Teys PE anytime soon.

Reply #752463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm not talking signature shoes for each player
Bogut had a Nike deal in the nba did it carry over to the NBL?
I seen in a comment above nz beakers have a team Nike deal that might make it hard for rj maybe
Bbb seems to be in hiatus for re-tooling but I have seen melo wearing Nike in photos lately
With the NBLs growth in popularity from the us it might be a good time for shoe companies to invest in teams and players

Reply #752471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl popularity in US, was a 5 minute puff piece on Bogut being fit and contributing to warriors and surprise that Hampton went to nbl. Don't think many Americans will tune into Cairns Illawara games in droves.

Reply #752479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think many Americans will tune into Cairns Illawara games in droves.

Don't underestimate the power of melo ball and to a lesser extent rj , and didi has a massive following in Brazil
You tubers AB the hero is planning to come to Australia for a few weeks to follow the NBL season just to report on melo for his millions of fans.
The NBL has never had millions of fans ever.
Between all the next stars and the ex nba players,they would almost have more fans than Australia’s population

Reply #752485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't Hampton have a couple hundred thousand instagram followers? Not Zion level but more than the NBL all by himself.

Reply #752759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All theyll be looking for is some highlights from ESPN and Dad opening his big mouth.

Reply #752778 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754