Anon
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets sign EJ Singler

"The Brisbane Bullets have added import swingman E.J. Singler to bolster the 2019-20 roster, Singler joins the Bullets on a one-year agreement on the back of a stellar season with Hawkes Bay in the NZNBL."

Via NBL Twitter

Topic #45567 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

meh

Reply #752400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Underwhelming

Reply #752403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spoon

Reply #752406 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Another Kendle type level

Reply #752407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2/3 or 3/4

Reply #752409 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Underwhelming crop of imports for the Bullets, especially if Uluc is right about Daum. Could be surprised, but given the calibre of import 3s they've had the past couple of years it looks like a significant drop. I guess Sobey got a big pay day and is expected to have a high-profile import-level impact. Possible, but not as probable as finishing outside the top 4.

Reply #752414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I no it going to sound BAD but 3 white imports possibly just sound weird Mike daum a PF suggest by Olgun uluc

Reply #752415 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I suspected the Bullets wouldn't be bringing back Patterson after they spent up to sign Sobey but these two imports they've signed look pretty underwhelming.

To be fair they were intending to bring back Kendle before he did his knee in the 3x3 stuff and are doing the right thing keeping him around on staff anyway.

Reply #752420 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bullets suck on every level right now. You're not gonna make the playoffs without an American point or shooting guard. Sobey isn't good enough to be the main guy anywhere. Bullets for the spoon.

Reply #752423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Brisbane just taking this piss? Another horrible roster, I feel bad for the fans.

Reply #752425 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

What did I say about Brisbane's culture? It's weak. This roster smacks of a franchise that thinks coming 7th is good enough.

Reply #752427 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Sobey isn't good enough to be the main guy anywhere.

Wasn't he good enough to take us to the GF?

Not saying he is the GOAT, but credit where it is due, he was able to lift the team that season.

Reply #752429 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LB, we struggled badly last season with Sobey at the point which is where he will be playing for the Bullets. He's no PG and his decision making late in games hurt us badly a few times last season.

Reply #752436 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Wasn't he good enough to take us to the GF?"

You had Childress, Creek, and Shorter.

I honestly thought it was Shorter who ran the point, but I didn't watch enough of the 6s to really recall.

"we struggled badly last season with Sobey at the point which is where he will be playing for the Bullets. He's no PG and his decision making late in games hurt us badly a few times last season."

Correct.
It's one of those bizarre situations that defies all logic:
He wants an 'A' team gig with the Boomers, but can't possibly make it as an SG. So, with the apparent support of Lemanis, he's angling for the backup PG role, something he's even worse at, and for that reason Andre will try to develop him there further.

Joey must have already told him he was getting the arse from the PG spot, because he gave that as his reason for moving.

Brisbane's recruiting is fucked, and has been since day one, and I'm not sure how long they will put up with Andre's BS?
Paying top dollar for the guy who's going to be the worst starting PG in the league next season.
Wasn't LK trying to find a buyer? Fat chance if this keeps up.

Reply #752441 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"on the back of a stellar season with Hawkes Bay in the NZNBL."

What a ringing endorsement. I wonder how they beat out Cairns for his signature?

Maybe Brissy's Fish & Chip deal includes a free Dim-Sim?

Reply #752442 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

D2.0
A couple of hours ago

"on the back of a stellar season with Hawkes Bay in the NZNBL."

What a ringing endorsement. I wonder how they beat out Cairns for his signature?

Maybe Brissy's Fish & Chip deal includes a free Dim-Sim?

You honestly have me in fits of laughter at the moment. Very smooth

Reply #752448 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lovebroker in that GF season Sobey was at SG still.

No idea how Brisbane think Sobey is going to work out at PG after the season he just had.

Reply #752449 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Brisbane's roster would be nowhere this terrible if Lemanis was rightfully not re-signed during the off-season.

Another few years of mediocrity to endure whilst hoping the franchise doesn’t fold.

Reply #752481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane are actually better than people are saying.

Sobey and Gliddon compliment each other - Sobey is aggressive and Gliddon is passive.

Cadee moves to 6th man.

Patterson is a loss but Braun and Singler aren't spuds but not as good as Patterson - one of them is coming off the bench.

If the import 4 is good they’ll be good

Sobey/Cadee
Gliddon/Te Rangi
Braun/Singler
Import/Vukona
Hodgson/Magnay/Harrison

Reply #752483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane will be in the mix for that fourth spot

Reply #752494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to TeRangi marking Cotton. Surely one off the imports has to play some time in the 4. Vukona got hurt in nznbl, any news on how he’s travelling. Don’t think it’s a top four side.

Reply #752495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamar Patterson on Instagram has eyes and QLD

Reply #752920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754