Anonymous
Years ago

Kouat Noi

Liam Santamaria

Spoke with
@KouatN
yesterday. LOVE his confidence and expecting big things from him in Cairns This year

"I really think I'm the best rookie to come in since Joe Ingles"

Kouat Noi (@KouatN) is expecting BIG things in #NBL20 as he looks to put the @CairnsTaipans on the map

Topic #45572 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Written for nbl.com.au by Liam Santamaria

Cairns Taipans rookie Kouat Noi believes he'll have a major impact on the NBL right out of the gate.

The versatile forward has made it clear that he’s not messing around when it comes to his debut professional season, declaring himself the best rookie to enter the NBL in over a decade.

Noi, who turned pro back in May after two years at Texas Christian University (TCU), is expected to start and play major minutes for the Taipans this season.

Reply #752489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi: I'm going to win Rookie of the Year

Reply #752490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, where's the humbleness that used to part off Australian sporting culture. Give me a break.

Reply #752496 | Report this post

perfwerld  
Years ago

I love the attitude, no rookie has come in and had an impact since Ingles, Jawai and Newley. These days you average 8 points and play average d and you're a lock for ROTY.

Reply #752505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plus he'll probably be a starter

Reply #752525 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Lack of quality opposition? Hampton & Sam Froling will challenge for the award. It's actually the deepest rookie class we’ve had for years. Glover, Dech, McDaniel, Hunter, Swaka Lo Buluk, Krslovic & Armstrong all qualify for it.

Ball & Louzada have played pro already so they don’t.

Reply #752541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm surprised he hasn’t gone from his two years of college straight into the nba. From college career straight into nbl, from a four man against his age profile to three man against adults, should be easy. Lol.

Reply #752556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^
His stats aren't even that great.

Reply #752559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think 556 is being sarcastic.

I hope Noi comes in and has the impact he thinks he will, it would be great for Aussie basketball. But if I'm reading 556 correctly, I agree that it's unlikely.

Reply #752566 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

A player in Cairns with confidence is a good thing, Jarvis will knock him on his arse in training but he'll also pick him up and dust him off and have his back.

We keep hearing that Cairns have a lack of aplaying squad and finances and whatever else but imagine if this kid is the best since Jingles... all I can say is that it's sad that Cairns only come to Perth once this season.

Best of luck to Kouat and Cairns this season

Reply #752654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is words are easy, performance is what matters. Time will tell but I'd say his comments might fire up a few opponents.

Reply #752659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns post suggests Taipans are after a Next Star. Any names?

Reply #752749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
@Liam_Santa
·
4h
Noi will start at SF for the Snakes in #NBL20 and, speaking with Kelly at Summer League, he's determined to have the rookie heavily involved in the offence. That’s part of the reason Cairns are signing a veteran, pass-first PG. I think he’s gonna have a big year.

Reply #753035 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754