The TrUth
Years ago

Woolpert to return as Wildcats AC

Strong indications out of Perth is that Trev will be bringing back his old running mate Paul Woolpert as AC for NBL 19-20. His global search came up empty and he had to pick up the phone to Woolpert.

Topic #45576 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I LIKE TO WOOLPERT WOOLPERT
Yuh like to..... WOOLPERT

Reply #752561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://kimatv.com/news/local/sunkings-head-coach-paul-woolpert-fired

Reply #752562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pointless signing. Woolpert is a hothead.

Reply #752580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woolpert's one season as AC resulted in one of the cats' worse seasons. The 2014-15 season was garbage

Reply #752582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I blame Beveridge.

Reply #752583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woolpert was a former wildcats assistant? Don't remember that.

I thought everyone was saying Luke Brennan was the new assistant

Reply #752611 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

No import announcement and no coaching news
What's goin on ?

Reply #752657 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What an amateur appointment - a 'jobs for the boys' hire despite hundreds of applicants. Gleeson walking all over Troy it seems.

Reply #752660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was advertised on Seek! Over hundred applicants but every man and his dog would of applied - doubt anyone worthy.

Brennan is the video coach, thought that was pretty clear in the other twenty wildcat posts on this forum.

Makes it pretty clear no one wants to work for Gleeson. Even Longley rejected Wildcats offer and decided to fly across the country to work with Sydney throughout the season.

Reply #752665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luc is very smart eh.

Reply #752686 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#665 very good point - I know I wouldn't want to work under him. I'm surprised we haven't heard of more players other than Brandt and Tokoto having issues with him.

Reply #752690 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, clearly Trev is an idiot and whole Wildcats organisation is incompetent.

Reply #752697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha if you're hanging your hat on Tokoto having issues with the Gleeson to try and make a point, you’re not going to be taken seriously.

Reply #752701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I know I wouldn't want to work under him."

Thankfully the ad wasn't for a disgruntled troll but in any case, i’m pretty sure he doesnt want you working for him either.

Reply #752703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be clear, Matt Nielsen and Adam Forde both left and looking to replace them the coaches that were approached and all rejected the offer to work for trev are
CJ Bruton
Sam McKinnon
Luc Longley
Mick Downer
Paul Hearne

Perth is a big budget team but you can see that both players and coaches are leaving. This is the first year. Imagine what happens next year. Get a fourth import? Trev can not recruit Australians without Nielsen. Majok? 1.7ppg?

He can't even get quality coaches to work for him.

Reply #752727 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

This is the first year.
Of what?

Reply #752731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"both players and coaches are leaving"

Um Perth's core has been together for the best part of the last decade, and they continually have more roster stability than any other club. You might want to rethink these stories you're making up.

Reply #752741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"To be clear, Matt Nielsen and Adam Forde both left and looking to replace them the coaches that were approached and all rejected the offer to work for trev are
CJ Bruton
Sam McKinnon
Luc Longley
Mick Downer
Paul Hearne"

Weren't CJ and MacKinnon already part of the Bullets staff, and Henare on the United staff? Longley is a consultant/advisor to the Kings rather than a full-time coach, I think he did that for Perth previously - I seem to recall him working with Brandt.

Guys like Nielsen and Forde pursuing other opportunities isn't that strange. Nielsen probably wanted a head coaching role, but with Gleeson signed for another 3 years it wasn't happening here.

Forde turning down a lead assistant opportunity was interesting, but I can see how the Sydney role is attractive to expand his horizons (still a relatively young coach) and build some NBA connections with Weaver/Pongrass and co.

Reply #752755 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There is definitely something wrong if they had to resort to Woolpert, despite the rose coloured glasses you're wearing #703

Reply #752775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not rose coloured glasses to point out that no one cares that you wouldn't work for Gleeson. Its probably the most irrelevant statement you’ve ever made, and there are many to choose from!

Reply #752781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there an assistant coach in the NBL with a comparable resume to Woolpert?

Reply #752790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woolpert announced

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/coaching-staff-finalised

Reply #753174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754