Senator11
Years ago

NBL Fantasy 2019/2020

Thought I'd start a thread seeing as the fixtures are out and teams are close to being finalised. Not sure when NBL Fantasy opens, I seem to remember last year it was pretty last minute. Should be a much more interesting season looking at the fixtures and teams should be pretty different this season. Notables:

- Adelaide, United and NZ have early byes (no other byes after round 2)
- NZ play 10 doubles for the season while everyone else have 8 or 9
- Unlike last season, the season doesn't end with a whole bunch of teams playign strings of doubles
- 1 extra team means there are more players to choose from

Some interesting strategy to set up your initial teams.

Topic #45589 | Report this topic

Boydie  
Years ago

Interesting fixture for fantasy for sure!

#ShamelessPlug

We chatted about the schedule in our latest podcast about NBL Fantasy here

https://twitter.com/BBall_Blokes/status/1155812053602336768

All your points were discussed and as it gets closer to the season and after we see some preseason action we will be diving deeper into it!

Reply #753297 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Haha, been listening to you guys since last season!

Reply #753344 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

No sign yet, still showing the off-season page

Reply #764277 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Pretty sure it appeared fairly close to the start of the season last year, be interesting to see players positions this season.

Reply #764280 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

And we are live.

Reply #764408 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Terrible start, didn't see the news Didi was out so had a donut on court with Noi on the bench, up hill battle from here.

Reply #766963 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I'm looking to bring in a Taipan, so Newbill or Machado?

and need to drop a King, so should I drop Didi or Tate?

Reply #767138 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

D2.0, what's your reasoning behind your trades, very unique from what I've seen. Most people are targeting Hawks and Bullets players this week due to schedule and ability.

Reply #767191 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Stacked" is a hyperbolic and relative term. I actually dropped a Taipan this week, and in fact in the end opted to add Kay & Cotton.
I find it to be quite glitchy and difficult to use I found that any time I tried to combine a transfer with a substitution it would freeze up, and I had to roll it back.

I am still carrying Didi, so if he doesn't play I will be contacting the ACCC for a refund. LOL

Reply #768700 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"D2.0, what's your reasoning behind your trades, very unique from what I've seen. Most people are targeting Hawks and Bullets players this week due to schedule and ability."

I did ok bringing Machado. Unfortunately I decided to stick with Didi over Tate. #sadface

To answer your question, I got caught out in week one, so some teams were already locked out. I made a few speculative punts and ended up stacked with Brisbane players, which I have since wound back.

I have tried to optimise for the long term. This week was a bit of a toss-up. I was going to add either Cats, Breakers, or Adelaide.
Unfortunately I am finding it difficult to shuffle and trade at the same time. I probably just need to think it through a bit better.
In the end I am reasonably happy with Kay and Cotton. They will perform well over the next 3~5 rounds.

Reply #768788 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

So current team looks like this:

PG: Ball/Bruce
SG: Brooks/Djeric
SF: Louzada/Noi
PF: Kay/JLA
C: Ogilvy/Pineau
6th: Cotton

Plan for round 4 is to trade Ogilvy to Long and Brooks to Hopson via moving Cotton to SG.

Round 5 I'll prob move Ball to Hampton and try and do something with Djeric if he doesn't pick up his game.

Schedule is pretty rough from R6 onwards...

Reply #769323 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Had my best ever score last week, but also worst rank.

So tossing up this week whether to go with Sydney, load up on Melbourne, or even double-down on Perth??

Perth have two tough away games, and I already have Kay & Cotton, so I'm thinking nah. But Sydney also two away.
I'd like to get Bogut in, but can't really afford him unless I drop Kay or Long.

Reply #770990 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Had a great week. Captained Long and he paid off big time. Moved up from the 130's to 15th. The only downside was Griffin's brain explosions which probably robbed him of a DD against phoenix.

Will sell the farm (or Ball & Machado) to bring Bogut in. Leaves me with Griffin starting on a single but I think a large amount of teams will be in a similar position.

Decision to be made on Long or Bogut for captain.

Will anyone have Long Bogut and Kay?

Reply #770993 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I have to trade out Brooks, which is fine it matches my strategy.
That leaves me Lamelo starting at PG, with Glover on the bench.

I could afford Bogut, but that would mean playing a total spud somewhere else. Not worth it, I will keep Long as Captain.

I'm thinking maybe Damo as PG, then bring in McCarron??

Reply #771198 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I jumped almost 900 spots this past week to 266. My trades this week are Ball to Hampton and Cotton to Ashley, passing on Bogut at this stage, prob get me more points, but need a little cash generation and Ashley is prime nowt that Loe is out. Traded Brooks last week.

Reply #771274 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Anyone still playing? Currently ranked 124 my trades this week are Patterson and Goulding to Creek and Griffin. Team looks like this:

PG: Machado/Dech
SG: Cotton/Djeric
SF: Creek/Noi
PF: Kay/JLA
C: Oliver/Pineau
6th: Griffin

Next week I might bring in Cooks and one of the new Hawks imports to bank some cash. Also will be seeing how Naar and Glover go this week as other downgrade options. Should make some more ground up this week if the Griffin play comes off.

Reply #780120 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

I'm still playing.

20th for the round last week and sitting in 66th.

Patterson and Cotton to Creek and Griffin.

Machado Bruce
McCarron Steindl
Creek Noi
Griffin JLA
Oliver Magnay
Kay

Unsure of who to captain.

My cap is far lower than most so it will be a struggle from here.

Reply #780135 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I'm going with Kay this week, but there are a lot of options that's for sure.

Reply #780137 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Jumped up to 76th overall now. Tough week for trades, do I stay aggressive and target doubles or do I downgrade to make some cash? Bit of both I think, at this stage I'm going Cotton to Hobson and Dech to Naar, leaves me 980K in the bank and a team of:

PG: Machado (Naar)
SG: Creek (Djeric)
SF: Hobson (Noi)
PF: Kay (JLA)
C: Pineau (Oliver)
6th: Griffin

Reply #781110 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Webster out makes Hopson a bit more attractive now...

Reply #781243 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Jumped up to 76th overall now"

Very Well Done!

My results have been mediocre at best, and last few weeks have been poor.
It seems selection in my team is the kiss of death.

My strategy has been evolving, and frankly I think was wrong from the start. I had far too much money in my bench, and did not achieve enough growth early on.

Did you go with Hobson or Hopson?
I was tossing up whether to take a punt on Darrington...

But then as you say, Webster out should help a couple of his teammates.

Reply #781420 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

D2.0, so it sounds like the moves around the traps are downgrades which I was toying with, but I'm thinking as next week every team is on the double I'll look set my team up a bit this week and make a few downgrades next week. I've gone through the schedules and Perth have one of the lowest number of games to finish the season so I've decided to cut Cotton and Kay and bring in Hopson and Hobson. In itself that's kind of a downgrade too I guess, leaves me with 1.21 mill in the bank, next week I'll look to make a few moves on my bench probably bringing in 2 of Cooks, Naar or Weeks. Will have to hold Noi this week as I can't actually do anything useful with trading him out, and will be decent bench cover for the season anyway if I don't need that cash. Hopefully this can jump me up another 20 or so spots if the top teams are downgrading this week.

Reply #781493 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I was tossing up on Noi. So when I heard he was injured, I reversed a trade and instead swapped him for Hobson.

My team is really out of whack this week, as I have "doubles" on the bench who still aren't good enough to swap with the "singles".

I set out to downgrade at least one, to get more growth in my bench, but in the end I think I upgraded.

Reply #781530 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Noi to Cooks and Dech to Naar. Over 2 mill in the bank for upgrades next few weeks.

Reply #782436 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Got my trades set up to round 18, hopefully can come home strong after taking a hit to make some cash. This week is Griffin to Ashley and Deric to Newbill. Leaves my team looking like:

PG: Machado/Naar
SG: Newbill/Patterson
SF: Hobson/Creek
PF: Oliver/Cooks
C: Ashley/Wesley
6th: Hopson

Reply #785431 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Interesting. I loaded up on NZ this week. Left me with a lot of cash

Reply #785444 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Who else did you bring in? Sek was the other option, but don't trust his calves now so I went Newbill.

Reply #785459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754