).

Topic #45597 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
@Liam_Santa
ยท
23m
"...the style we want to play is less about traditional positions and more about having good players whose skill sets complement each other." -
@BrisbaneBullets
GM Richard Clarke on his squad's versatility after re-signing
@LP21_

Reply #753334 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Looks like the Bullets have quite a few versatile imports that can play multiple positions

Sobey / Cadee
Gliddon / *Singler
*Patterson / Te Rangi
*Braun / Vukona / Harrison
Hodgson / Magnay

Reply #753337 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bullets need another big season to secure the fans in the banana bending part of the county

Reply #753338 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I was one who thought Patterson was gone the moment they signed Sobey but Bairstow must've been on serious money last season then.

Hate to say it but they're a legit contender now.

Reply #753342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus +

the Bullets will play their home games at the Queensland State Netball Centre.

Reply #753345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All they need now is a next star

Reply #753348 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

They look good on paper at least.
Sobey the X factor imo.

Reply #753352 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The great thing about the Sobey situation is even though he signed to be their PG at some point if it's not working Lemanis could put Gliddon on the bench (where he belongs really) move Sobey back to his natural SG spot and elevate Cadee to starting PG.

Reply #753359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this all hinges on whether between them sobey, Gliddon and cadee can share the ball-handling. and honestly, I don't know.

hats off to lemanis for trying something different but that 5 spot is also potentially very weak. Hodgson spends half his game in foul trouble and will magnay's still a question mark for now. they're going to get monstered by the bigger teams in the paint.

Reply #753390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So basically the Bullets team looks like this:

Sobey / Cadee
Gliddon /
*Patterson / * Singler / * Braun / Te Rangi / Vukona
Vacant
Hodgson / Magna / Harrison

So all the criticism last season of the Bullets not being big enough when Hodgson gets in foul trouble was listened too !

Reply #753395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hoping they sign a next star big

Reply #753398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't look that good

Reply #753399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see Magnay starting at pf.

Reply #753401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey / Cadee / Wigness(NS) (probably not anymore)
Gliddon / Singler / SG(DP)
Patterson / Braun / Te Rangi
Magnay / Vukona / Dalton(DP)
Import / Hodgson / Harrison

Reply #753402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops, I mean

Sobey / Cadee / Wigness(NS) (probably not anymore)
Gliddon / Singler / SG(DP)
Patterson / Braun / Te Rangi
Magnay / Vukona / PF(DP)
Hodgson / Harrison / Dalton(DP)

Reply #753403 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I can also see Magnay as a staring PF. In the QBL. He'd have to have taken a pretty massive leap to be a starting PF in this league though. To me he's looked very ordinary in garbage minutes so far.

Reply #753405 | Report this post

robt.  
Years ago

I see that Te Rangi is 3rd choice @ the 3 in most of above (well, all the above). I understand behind Patterson but I don't know Braun. If he is better than Te Rangi, isn't Te Rangi a luxury and an expensive one?

Reply #753408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Book Magnay in for boomers qualifiers next year. He will replace one of our aging Australian based bigs I think.

Reply #753409 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Te Rangi starts at the 4 spot with Vukona/Braun backing him up and Magnay getting his minutes behind Hodgson (if anywhere). I still think it won't be enough to get them a top 4 finish without another team or two spectacularly underperforming, or a combination of Sobey looking like 2017 Sobey and Patterson winning MVP. Gliddon having a few more of those games where he looks like one of the best guards in the league than the 2 or 3 times a season he pulls it out of his hat
would help too.

Reply #753410 | Report this post

Alright?  
Years ago

Sobey/Cadee
Gliddon/Slinger
Patterson/Te Rangi
Braun/Vukona/Magnay
Hodgson/Harrison

Reply #753411 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Too small , bottom 3 with that line up.

Reply #753440 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They have size to defend C and there are plenty of rebounders in that roster, and they have good versatility when it comes to defending ball screens. My big concern would be injuries to Hodgson or Vukona - and how many minutes Magnay can absorb when that pair are both in foul trouble - but if they stay healthy this team has a lot of bases covered.

Reply #753448 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

".the style we want to play is less about traditional positions and more about having good players whose skill sets complement each other."

Translation: We haven't learnt anything from our mistakes and don't know shit about shit.

Reply #753461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Translation: we understand modern basketball.

Reply #753475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how did Adelaide go with Sobey at pg?

Cadee is an undersized shooting guard who has never played defence.

Won't make finals without a genuine pg.

Reply #753507 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Yeah modern basketball. Pass the ball around a bit then Jack up a 3. Seems to be the norm these days.

Reply #753513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vukona is still injured I think from the NZBL stint.

Reply #753522 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Netball Queensland is thrilled to announce the Brisbane Bullets as the new anchor tenant at the Queensland State Netball Centre in Nathan."

https://qld.netball.com.au/featured-1/netball-teams-up-with-basketball-as-bullets-become-tenants-at-qsnc/

It's roughly 15-20mins out of Brisbane CBD, seats around 5,000 I think?

Reply #753526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vukona and Te rangi injury could Singler just be a injury replacement

Reply #753576 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Wait! A venue 15 to 20 minutes out of the city centre? That won't work, just ask the 36ERS management and the experts on here.

Reply #753603 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What's the capacity at the BCEC? Wiki only lists its theatre capacities.

Any games at Boondall this year?

Reply #753609 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I've seen 3600 and 4000 as capacity for BCEC.

Reply #753650 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I always thought it was bigger than that, although it only holds 4,400 in a theatre setup and capacity is obviously lower for basketball.

Reply #753651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smaller stadiums full are better than large stadiums looking like no one is there, tickets become more valuable to when in demand.

Reply #753675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No money to be made with smaller stadiums though. A half full crowd in a big arena will still bring revenue that a smaller venue wont even if full.

Reply #753745 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That depends on the stadium rent cost. Melbourne played at the Cage for a long time because they could make good money doing so, whereas rent at Melbourne Park meant they needed much bigger crowds just to break even.

Reply #753751 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Wait! A venue 15 to 20 minutes out of the city centre? That won't work, just ask the 36ERS management and the experts on here. "

Depends on Access, public transport, surrounding precinct,

and what your alternatives are, and yeah what it costs

Reply #753766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True (paul's post about stadium rental costs) however I heard that BCEC is unfairly expensive to rent considering its capacity size is small. The break even figure would be higher in a bigger stadium but with more seats to fill the potential for bigger revenue is higher with a bigger capacity.

The concern for the Bullets though is that they weren't exactly selling out the BCEC week in week out to be in demand for a bigger venue. Had to be a financial decision to move.

Reply #753767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754