yogee
Years ago

Coaching 101

When your guard duo on court can't get a shot off (or won't take the shot...hey CJ???)...do you sub them to try and have a chance at winning when still 8 down??

According to our national alleged coach, no you dont. You watch that guard duo turn down open shots, take stupid 3 point shots, and create STUPID turnovers

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU COACH A GAME GOORJIAN. WAKE UP YOU TOOL!

Topic #456 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Boy Goorj sucks. It's a conspiracy. He couldn't see his homeland lose ;-)

Reply #3689 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Agree Yogee!

FFs BG you do not sub off players running hot and bagging points (Maher awesome!), and then leave turnover kings or bad choice 3pt shooters on the court.

The Boomers now need an enema, colonic flush and a detox, and BG should be the one to receive it on behalf of the team for the bad ass mistakes (again) he makes.

Reply #3691 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

I agree, Goorjian is a TOOL! What the hell is Cj Bruton doing in a game of this magnitude through the fourth quarter, he played 21:13min and Maher who scored more commited 2 less turnovers but got one more steal played just 15:01, and he hit that huge three at the end of the third period to recapture the lead for us! Then it turned in to the Sydney King show! Goorjian you are weak individual, and you've proven that overall you are losing coach. You may say what about the last two titles the Kings have won, well lets just check the salary cap rule again, or will that make you so nervous Gorgo that you'll lose some more hair!

Reply #3693 | Report this post

GT  
Years ago

Dito!
There ain't no "I" in TEAM.
It seems if you haven't played for the Magic or now Sydney you are going to have a busy Olympic cutting oranges and warming the pine.
Goorjian plays, Heal, Smith, Neilson and CJ too much, where is Maher shooting his lazy 70%, or Cat who has a lot of international experience playing in Europe but is religated to bench.
Goorjian is not coaching for the future he is coaching for his ouw record. Like I said no "I" in TEAM!

Reply #3752 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

GT, there is ME in TEAM though and that is exactly what Goorjian is playing for. (meaning himself!)

Reply #3754 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Welcome to Coaching 101!

First lesson: The Substitution

This is a very strong ingrediant for a good coach to posses!

A good coach will be able to tell when a player is to be subbed out of a game, and when an energy player should be put into a game!

A sub is also well used as a tool to let a player know that his actions on court are not appropriate!

Lets take a look at an example.
If Shane heal has played 30mins of a game and is looking tired, you take him out of the game. He can be replaced by a fresher set of legs. If you are fortunate enough to have a great shooter on your bench you should go with that shooting player! Eg: Brett Maher.
Whatever you do, do not go with a punk import guard! Who thinks he should have gone to the NBA! He will ruin everything!

The next biggest no-no in subbing is going with a slow bigman who thinks he can shoot! Your better option is a shorter hussler! He will create more opertunity for your other players.
Never never ever go with this slow bigman in tight game situations. He will be exposed in the crunch and you will be laughed at!
An Example is putting in Tony Ronaldson at the end of the game. He is slow, fat and over-rated! A better option would have been.....Anyone on the roster!

Other than that you should be pretty right!
Just keep your C & PF rotating through so they are performing well.

Good Luck!

Professor J. Bags, PhD, MD, IOC, PmF, ATO, ATM, TLA

Reply #3780 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Lesson 2: Shot selection

When looking to score, the shot selection process is vital in maintaining a high field goal pertcentile, thus increasing the chances of making a shot, and hence winning the game.

When considering shooting the ball, the first question you must ask yourself: "Am I in the carpark?" If the answer is "Yes", then feel free to fire at will....while you may not make the shot, you will look like an absolute f@#k wit in the process whilst ruining any chance you and your team mates have of beating the best team in the world.

(Mod: Hilarious!)

Reply #3785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again while this forum is awesome and always entertaining I think the so called rules should apply to all. How can a moderator call this countries National Coach a "TOOL" and talk in bold capitals when that has been spoken about already.

As has been posted before if you're going to have rules and guidelines then all should follow them for everyone. Not just certain people and in certain circumstances.

(Mod: Yogee posted one line in capitals for emphasis (i.e., shouting); it wasn't the whole post. I see no problem with that. If he'd posted entirely in capitals, I would've asked him to change it.)

Reply #3786 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Type before you post!

Lesson 3!

Class! Todays final session with me will be:

Zone Defence! As Prof. MW has pointed out offence is a cricial part of the game of Basketball. That it is, but the key to winning a game of basketball is keeping the oppositions score below yours!!!!!

Thus a solid zone defence is a very intimidating way to stop your opposition players creating mismatches inside or out!

The key to a good zone is "help" and "Recover"! This is achieved by quickness and anticipation.

Always anticipate movement because being in defence means reacting to opposition movements.

Thus if in a better position, steal the ball, knock it away or take the charge!

Thankyou clss....Just before you go I would like to take time out and say that an anonymous letter has been given to me in regardd to posting and calling people tool's!
If they are actually a tool, then it is fine to call then a tool! If they are egotistical americans who think they are good at their job, that is fine too!
Class dissmissed!

Prof J bags, PhD, MD, AIFOS.

Bags is a bit trigger happy today!

Reply #3792 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Dear Anonymous (and thanks for putting your name behind the criticism, very courageous of you!!)

First of all, being the national coach opens you to public criticism when people think you are doing a bad job.

"Tool" has long been a colloqualism for someone people think as "foolish" or "silly".

Rules are per posting in caps refer to Basic Netiquette, which is you don't have your whole message in caps.

The use of caps amd/or bolding is regarded in general net communities as an acceptable form of communication to put across a strong point you wish to make.

I sincerely do thank you for your criticisms, feel free to email me at any time at [email protected] if you want to discuss it further.

Kind Regards

yogee.

Reply #3850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754