Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Finals Week 2

I'm back and getting in early this week.

Semi Final
Mount Gambier vs Forestville

The Eagles got out of jail against North last week and their reward is a trip to the Ice House where Mt Gambier have only lost once this season. Forestville travelled there just a few weeks ago and despite a big first quarter by the Eagles, the Pioneers were able to pull away for a comfortable win.

Majok had 42 last time they met and the Pioneers ability to contain him will be critical to their success. On the other end, Barkley is a matchup problem for the Eagles and Tom Daly has plenty of experience in big games.

I'm expecting a close one, but unless one of Harris, Teys or Rios has a big game, I think the Pioneers have too much.

Pioneers by 7.

Elimination Final
North vs Norwood

The Flames took advantage of an underwhelming Tigers side last week but their previous form showed them to be a level below the other finals sides. North took it right to Forestville but couldn't get it done when it mattered despite three clutch Alex Starling free throws.

Norwood have plenty of finals experience with four of their starting five being previous Premier League champions and had solid contributions across the board last week. North boast superior size and athletic ability. The only thing that could bring North undone is if Johnson wants to do everything and gets into a one on one battle with Andrew Webber. If he sticks to distributing the ball North should get it done.

Rockets by 9.

Topic #45607 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anything can happen in a final!

Reply #753530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres only one thing thats certain

whichever coach gets eliminated this weekend

they will get roasted on here

Reply #753533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roasted by a bunch of losers who have given up no time or energy like these coaches and think they know everything as they hide behind their anon status.
Rockets and Eagles to win.

Reply #753555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, either Hawkes or Webber will get roasted.

Reply #753558 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Last time North and Norwood met there were more Techs than a Silicon Valley Convention
Final Seniors game at Hillcrest, ironic it's a local derby.Sad to see Hillcrest go but there's LIGHTS at the end of the tunnel.
THIS WILL BE A CRACKER.Rockets in a tight one. Starling and McVeigh too much to handle.
Pioneers vs Eagles, almost an NBL quality game. Both teams love to run n gun so expect to see a cricket score.Mount might be a bit rusty after a couple of weeks off but the home crowd will get them over the line.just.

Reply #753567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are the women's Premier League week 2 finals being played?
Apparently they mustn't be on this weekend or surely they would have been mentioned

Reply #753590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers v Eagles almost NBL quality! Put down the crack pipe mate

Reply #753591 | Report this post

Annons  
Years ago

#590 The OP only does a write up each week for the men's games as that's what they know/interested in. If you want to know when the women play then check out the Premier League website. Then you can start a thread on your thoughts for the PL women's games.

Reply #753593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the womens games, the teams that miss the least layups will probably win.

Reply #753595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood vs north will be nba quality, under 10's quality reffing and hot dog stand cuisine quality reffing.

norwood by 50 in a match tighter than your dads new balance t-shirt.

Reply #753599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

595 gold!

Reply #753617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only thing which will stop Mt Gambier is their lack of depth. Unless injuries or foul issues I can't see anyone beating them at home. The best opportunity for the others is grand final night.

North to beat Norwood. North is nothing special when you look at offensive output but it is their defense which has driven many wins. They need to get back to where they were as their defense has been slipping in recent games. If they don't fix that then an upset is on the cards

Reply #753624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First world problems with Hillcrest being packed in its last game, just hoping we can get a good live feed of the game as there'll be no room to move. I think West did a feed there but it was basically from their bench so hard to see the action down the other end. Any chance they'll be able to set up a good camera angle? And not sure if it could be done but putting up a temporary stand on court 2 to watch the action would have been a fitting tribute to old Hillcrest to get the biggest crowd ever to watch a game there. And poor old Jo Hill loses her court after only a few years.
As for the game it'll be interesting to see how it's called. Pretty sure the Webbers will be up to their old tricks and trying to get under skin of BJ and McVeigh. Bj really has to concentrate on getting the ball to scorers and taking the open shot, took 13 3s last week and most questionable. Will he be mature enough to not listen to the trash talking. I think North should win easily unless Legan goes nuts and the refs don't let it get out of hand.

Reply #753630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers were down 17 in the first quarter only two weeeks ago to the eagles. Although Pioneers were able to win the following 3 quarters by 30 the Eagles are a very good side and if the pioneers give that lead again I doubt they will catch them.

Reply #753633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers/ Eagles would want to be NBL quality for $28 a ticket

Reply #753783 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Is anyone able to confirm that there will be a live stream of the North v Norwood game? Would love to attend but not too keen to hang from the rafters to watch it (if there is any room even up there!?) ;)

Reply #753803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same^, was originally planning to go to the game but the seating options are really offputting

Reply #753804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure the pioneers will go close to capacity at that price so why wouldn’t they charge it? I’m sure Adelaide clubs would too if they could.

Remember pioneers are still picking up the bill for the travel and their own to Adelaide (women). Have to fund it somehow.

Reply #753812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope they are honouring the BSA passes like every other club does. How do you get a ticket with those passes?

Reply #753813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball Australia picked up the travel bill for this season , they charged $28 last week as well for the women's final

NBL1 finals this weekend look to be $15

Reply #753818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good article by pick and roll

Reply #753819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it's a bit of a joke to charge five times what every other club does?

Reply #753826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't pay it then. Seemingly plenty are happy to pay it.

Reply #753829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Pioneers fans would be fine with being charged $30 down here

Reply #753839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes next season charge higher prices to them when down here. If allowed to play!

Reply #753843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pioneers fans have been charged more than home team fans in some places this year.

You do realise that the ticket prices at the icehouse are the same for all fans regardless of which team they support don't you?

The ticket price of entry should be the same for all fans attending the game.

If Adelaide teams want to charge all fans $30 for finals then go for it. Only problem they might have is getting anyone to turn up. They seem to struggle now at current prices though.

Reply #753845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All away fans are normally charged like $3 more than home fans. It's not like it’s $5 home fans and $20 for pioneers lol

Reply #753846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and some clubs have discounted admission costs for financial members. But $28 dollars at lousy seats for a second tier game is crazy. Just goes to show nothing else to do in Mt Gambier!!!

Reply #753855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it crazy if the stadium is basically full of people prepared to pay $28.

What would be crazy would be to charge $5 or so and have a sell out when you could charge $28 and have a sell out.

It's a basic concept of supply and demand.

Are tickets to Perth games the same as the are at other venues NBL venues?

Reply #753866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunno. Respect for the competition or something. Hillcrest is packed every week, they don't charge $30.

Hope all the Forestville fans are enjoying the tourist attractions of a hole in the ground and a big lake.

Reply #753871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the issue is there is a demand for something to do on a Saturday in Mt Gambier. And there is no supply of anything else. I think places like Hillcrest could double their doo prices and still be a sell out

But why fleece parents when many are already supporting the various clubs through subs etc. Those junior parents at Mt Gambier must be wealthy to handle both. Ohhh forget that comment about Mt Gambier juniors!

Reply #753872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hillcrest gets packed at 23s div 4 games! What's the capacity, 27?

Reply #753876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide people get so hung up on this juniors shit. Most clubs fleece the juniors to pay for the seniors then also want them to show up PL night. My Gambier have junior comps they just don't play in that shit district comp that you people think is elite. Club hoping rubbish.

Reply #753884 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Then bring your Mt Gambier junior team's to SA State Champs next year in all age groups and let's see how good you are.
If it wasn't for our "shit" SA junior clubs your Pioneers wouldn't have players like The Dalys, Eric Burdon, Sutton to steal.

Reply #753886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You live in Mt Gambier mate go smoke some ice and relax

Reply #753887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do know the guys you are feeling unwelcome in Mt Gambier have a major say in whether you will have somewhere to play next year when no-one else will take you. The rank and file are voicing their displeasure already through their club administration. Good luck profiteering next year!

Reply #753894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those players you mention the pioneers steal do you really think they would have stayed in the Adelaide league or still left to play in Seabl just for other clubs?
Yes there is juniors in mt gambier and the costs are higher than playing in Adelaide when adding in all the travel country basketball entails.
The crowd in mt gambier is made up of more than just parents of juniors.
If the stadiums are full in Adelaide I suggest it's crazy not to charge more but perhaps the Adelaide clubs might be happy fleecing their juniors to fund the seniors.
I love those throwing heat about mt gambier attractions and drug problem...sounds like you are just repeating what the eastern states say about Adelaide.
Great news that Adelaide is a drug free city!!

Reply #753901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah no drug problem in downtown Adelaide.

Reply #753913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drug problems are everywhere. Just nowhere more than Mt Gambier.

Reply #753914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you advise how much will be admission costs next year when there are no games there

Reply #753922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best make hay when then sun shines then. No doubt the excess funds fleeced will be used to purchase bulk drugs from the big boys in Adelaide to sell in the drug capital of the world!

Reply #753924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two massive PL finals on tonight and you losers have digressed the game thread into town shaming and drugs.
Tossers.

Reply #753925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right, I’m pretty sure Mt Gambians are ashamed of their town enough.

Reply #753926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Harris is the biggest pretender in PL. worst choke job I've seen tonight. Two consecutive finals he’s wilted in the spotlight.

Reply #753951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North the bigger chokers

Reply #753952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North = Pathetic. All those at start of season saying how good BJ would be, take a bow.

Reply #753953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won Forestville the game last week.

Reply #753954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 points in 30 mins is a big yikes for your starting sg

Reply #753955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're not wrong. He was very good last week, so not shit in back to back games like claimed. At least he isn’t a 36ers player scoring 2 in a final.

Reply #753956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Hawkes finals record now ??

Reply #753957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Harris did score 2 in the grand final last year... wait... it was 0.

Reply #753958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the 6 era player to only score 2 points?

Reply #753959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam Schild only 3 minutes...?

Reply #753960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bijan in the North game.

Reply #753963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok to score about 50 next week

Reply #753964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going to need to

Reply #753965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does teys always spend the whole game sucking up to the umpires with his hand on their arse?

Reply #753969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yips came to bite North. Had a huge lead at quarter time then gave it up in second. Then looks like Norwood beat them in last quarter. Anyone there to report on what happened, didn't look like any Norwood player went off. Bit more than North choked please, that's pretty obvious, Starling did have a monster game though.

Reply #753970 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

North cash splashed really crashed. Flames play with heart and for each other. Cant duplicate that with cash for buckets. North clearly cjoked. Massive lead and splutter splutter

Reply #753971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So pioneers fans ever thing of clever things to yell at the opposition? I know I've affects your brain but even that doesn’t explain the rubbish they were coming up with.

Reply #753972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shit. do*, ice*. Must have inhaled some second hand smoke tonight.

Reply #753973 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles complaining about treatment. Bet andy giving harris a tongue lashing. Poor eagles. Hope Norwood towel you guys. Play fair earn respect

Reply #753976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng looked like he got injured

Reply #753977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #970
Starling shot 40% from the field.. not good enough against a undersized norwood team. I thought Brine did a solid job making things tough for him

Reply #753978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Brian Moultrie get in the action and make an impact.

————————————

Congratulations to Norwood they earned it!
Said literally no north fan ever

Reply #753979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North's heart was left on the bench!

Reply #753980 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I would stop being salty about last season if Andy and the cheatgles tongued my anus

Reply #753982 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Feel for north. So close again. Cruel blow. Up to eagles to topple the mountain men I feel. Do SA proud.

Reply #753992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^genius, Mt Gambier is in SA.

Reply #753996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just making an educated guess but I'm pretty sure Hawkes is 0-10 in Finals. Lost three times in straight sets and rest were one and dones. Took over 2014? Only coach to not win a championship with big money Starling.

Reply #754005 | Report this post

peakedtooearly  
Years ago

key take aways from north v norwood. and ( season )

1) Hawks needs to go, he isnt a coach all he does is just yell and say "cmon guys". that wouldnt even work at under 14s level...

2) BJ from north needs to go, he is like a westbrook type player minus the skill or scoring ability. more of a pre game dunk/ hype guy.

3) The webbers are the most toxic thing to hit basketball SA, how does D Webber play the minutes he does? he is the king of making bad pass in transition! he doesnt/ cant play defence either.

4) If norwood played BEMO as much as they played D webber they would be undefeated. he is a good player but norwood dont give him a chance to get going before he is subbed out. I guess the webbers had a cry because D webbers minutes would of gone down.

5) north have way too many cheif and not enough indians. if you have Mcveigh, starling, Tobias then why do they not have someone who can run an offence and be a play maker?

key to success for norwood next week is running offence through Legan and Brine and being accountable of defence. also ensuring D webber plays no more then 10 mins

Reply #754010 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Cracker of a game at Hillcrest. Only way to make it better was overtime. Monster 1st qtr for Rockets as their intensity overpowering Norwood early who dribbled too much and got held up in the back court and turned it over. Marshall and Aistrope hit some shots early, Starling, Tobias and McVeigh killing them inside. 2nd qtr Norwood adjusted and started passing the ball quicker up the court. Started getting stops on North which translated into transition offence. BJ offered nothing for the North. Was probably the difference in the outcome. Marshall and Aistrope turned down looks that they took in 1st qtr as the game went on, causing North to become a bit hesitant in offence. North gave up 2 shot clock violations in last qtr. Bad basketball and soft turnovers. Had to rely too much on Starling and McVeigh, who both made some huge plays to keep North in it. Refs made a couple of big calls in 2nd half, one was foul on 3pt shot sending Legan to the stripe where he hit all three. The other was a block called on Tobias which could have just as easily been an offensive charge on Lycett. Coin must've come up tails on that one. Norwood was just too good when it mattered down the stretch. Moultrie came off the bench for the last qtr and blew the game wide open. Hit some inside baskets, a jump shot and got some crucial offensive boards. He chucked Norwood on the back of his huge shoulders and made some huge plays. BJ gave up a stupid unsportsmanlike with a couple mins to go. Could have defended hard early and closed out when Lycett was on fast break, but chose to let him get past and then put in some effort and fouled him from behind. Bad, costly defence from a so called NBL player. Cost Rockets dearly.

Reply #754012 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

Yep great game at Hillcrest last night. Just goes to show a team with so called individual super stars will never beat a team who have bigger hearts and determination. Hawkes use of his bench was puzzling,had good quality fresh strong players who only spent minutes on court who would have made a difference in that last quarter. Definitely out coached and has lost some players now. He needs to go before players there do. Great win Norwood and i feel there a genuine chance to go all the way if they continue their grit and hunger and attack on the ball.

Reply #754015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were some questionable calls/no calls made by refs this weekend which escalated issues. Got to say the worse refing across the board all season. Mr Teys complaining still gets away with no T.

How many are sick and tired of his whinging.

Reply #754028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Double header this week at wayville gonna be an absolute cracker !!

Reply #754029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since Forestville fans had to pay $28 for one game last night will it be $56 entry at Wayville?

Reply #754036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$28 a game is ridiculous. I think all teams should vote NO for Pioneers to play PL next season. They can't find a league to play in but when you piss off spectators with their prices - it's just plain wrong! There should be a guidance from BSA to state that they can only charge the same as all other clubs between $5 - $8 per spectator.

I'll never go down there again if I can help it. Pioneers spectators and sponsors are rude as can be!

Reply #754037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forrestville supporters, biggest complainers in the league

Reply #754039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Based on your own ironic whinging?

Reply #754046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers will not be in Premier League next year!!!

Reply #754048 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

They finally found a league that wants them?

Reply #754049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No!!! They won't be playing Premier League!!!

Reply #754050 | Report this post

Fastbreak  
Years ago

A bit of tall poppy syndrome against the pioneers on here. The Australian way of cutting down anyone who is successful.

Reply #754052 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles complaining about others. Please chill. So now north players unhappy. Well well... thought was all rosey with the recruits.

Reply #754060 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

754029, yes will be a cracker at Wayville next week ,crossing our fingers and toes it doesn't rain and the games get called off, wouldn't that be embarrassing for BSA???

Reply #754062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats wrong with North players being unhappy. I would have thought that was a normal reaction for any team in any sport losing in a final

Reply #754063 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

Nathan Hawkes has lost the respect of at least 4 regular players and his position should be reviewed. Once you start losing the respect from your players your position becomes untenable

Reply #754068 | Report this post

teal575  
Years ago

Am I one of the few that have really appreciated having the Pioneers join in the PL this season?
They were worthy participants/competitors and brought a bit of interest into this some times predictable League.
Their entry monies was high...but they also travelled a fair bit and under rules of competition they put a lot of investment into been able to play our metro clubs and financially supporting Clubs to play in Mt Gambier.
Their skill, resilience and commitment should be applauded and respected. And they were good...finals should be interesting.

Reply #754069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville might struggle to get over Norwood next week without Deng.

Reply #754074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every year it seems Hawkes has pissed another player off then season starts and the faithful say how much the players love him for pushing them. If they were still in would it still be the case, no murmurs during the winning streak.
As for Mount Gambier prices, big whinge about them but they still paid. Simple demand and supply, don't go next time. And it's petty putting prices up just for their spectators, they don't set price, the club does.

Reply #754086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns' last pre season game is the 8th, I'm sure he'll be back

Reply #754087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Cairns let him play with an injury?

Reply #754097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has he done?
Assuming sustained against mount on sat?

Reply #754098 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

He get a medical certificate regardless.

Reply #754100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Medical certificate to say he can or can't play?

He looked uncomfortable from early in the game, perhaps a groin injury?

Reply #754102 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Silly to play this league with a groin

Reply #754107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"no murmurs during the winning streak"

Actually there were. The typical responses from North faithful ranged from 'I didn't notice anything' to 'They're still winning so must be happy'.

Reply #754109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if forestville will apply for an injury exemption and get DJ to suit up?

Reply #754110 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Can we at least try to put some effort in when trolling.

Reply #754114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Hawkes position is untenable then their should be some worried coaches around, unless their buddy signed them to a two year deal

Reply #754115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville can suck my hog, they will get lawst in the sawce.

Norwood by 800 in a barn burner

Reply #754118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is going to stop Moultrie off the bench in last quarter or so. Won the game for Norwood and North couldn't come up with the answers

Reply #754123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers got a Shxt load of money for them to travel to their games and visiting teams got the benefit of it also going down there. But the spectators got spanked by their door prizes. Wasn't even a show - bunch of kids doing flips on the court.

As much as the Webbers are disrespectful/dirty on the court - I'm predicting them to scrape by with the win. Andy is a douche and Teys showed his true colors on the weekend. We were all waiting for the Pioneers mascot to punch him in the face Saturday night.

Round 3 of Finals
Women - Pioneers to win by 6
Men - Norwood to win by 2

Grand Final
Women - Sturt to win (Eagles by 6 / Pioneers by 10)

Men - Pioneers to win - no matter who gets in

Let's hope there is some better refing at Wayville this weekend vs what was delivered in Gambier Saturday night - that was seriously hard to watch!

Reply #754129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We were all waiting for the Pioneers mascot to punch him in the face Saturday night."

Showing your true colours as well it seems.

Reply #754138 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

BJ dislocated his RIGHT hand before the forestville game and still played through it. Also wasn't even 60% healthy for the Norwood game. Shows a lot about the kids toughness and passion. Could tell he was hurting from how he dribbled the ball. That kid has game. Also North were up 22 at one point. It never should have got to that point to be let back in. Was more lacklustre defence if anything. Horrible way to end for North.

Reply #754502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did he hurt his hand , that's right , punching a wall at practice because he didn’t get a foul call

Reply #754509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood showed great heart but i agree, North stopped playing hard like they had won it. Then the pressure and "yips" kicked in.
Horrible way to go out for a team that looked so good heading into finals.

Reply #754510 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Looking so good. Everyone knew they would self imploded.

Reply #754513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the BJ excuses come out for being shit. What about the rest of the season?

Reply #754542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJs numbers were pretty solid for the season if you had bothered to look. Especially as he was the 3rd or 4th option.
BJ grew alot at North from the start to the end of the season, was clear for anyone to see who followed the team closely.

Reply #754561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Question - North coach knowing a player was injured before the game. Played him for 26 minutes with only 2 points and 2 turn overs. You would think that someone else would contribute more that is not injured. To loose the game when you're up 22 points - I think that reflects more on a coach than players. Interesting! I heard Starling is on the move - anyone know where he might go?

Reply #754573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Staring and Dowdell want to play together again, come as a package deal.

Early rumblings that McLean is wanting to return to Woodville and bring Patty Thomas (he was close to moving to woodville last offseason).

McLean + Thomas, Dowdell, Starling at Woodville is a solid core.

Whitmore out of a job if that happens. A return to centrals on the cards?

Reply #754576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last I heard Patty Thomas was done with McLean and won't be playing PL altogether next year, so either he's quickly changed his mind or your rumour is bs.

Reply #754587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are going to make stuff up at least make it plausible.

Reply #754588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm calling bs on most of it.

Reply #754589 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

WOW..the biggest crock of lies and BS I've ever read on Hoops

and from past rubbish on here that's not an easy feat

I think those early rumblings you're hearing Anon 576 are from one of your body parts

Reply #754609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Exodus incoming

Reply #754611 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

BJ averaged 16, 5 and 5 on a team with Starling and Mcveigh. Started out rough for sure but grew towards the end as well and was a big part of their 12 game win streak. Can't put it all on him. He was hurting though as you could tell.

Reply #754620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice numbers but won't help you win when it matters.

Reply #754628 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

12 game streak. Means Jack. Next weekend game all that matters. North 4th ouch. That not great is it.

Reply #754630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mass exit at West.

Reply #754639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really a mass at West to exit, Thomas and Kubank would be the only decent players another club would like to pickup. Some others may fill out the bench elsewhere.

Reply #754641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they want a game they could always go to south

Reply #754659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Anon would have better shooting percentages than BJ.

Reply #754665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754