Zodiac
Years ago

Andre Drummond & Montrezl Harrell Withdraw From Team USA

Now Andre Drummond & Montrezl Harrell have pulled out of the USA's World Cup squad. Bam Adebayo has been added to the squad.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/08/01/andre-drummond-withdraws-from-team-usa-for-fiba-world-cup/

Topic #45617 | Report this topic

Montrezl Harrell - the face of American basketball is out now? Well I'm asking for a refund!

Reply #753699 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

So the big line-up for Team USA now includes Mason Plumlee, Jaren Jackson Jr, PJ Tucker and Bam Adebayo.
Good thing Myles Turner and Thaddeus Young are used to playing together, they're probably the 2 starters at this point.

Reply #753725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a good thing, when USA get whooped maybevthey might start taking the WC seriously.

Reply #753729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jaren Jackson is in the select team, not the World Cup squad. Which is a shame because of those guys he has the most chance to be someone it's worth saying you've seen.

The good thing about everyone having withdrawn already is that the difference between Montrezl Harrell and Mason Plumlee is who cares? The only withdrawal left that would really bite is Walker and the Celtics seem happy to have their guys there or they wouldn't make up half the squad.

Reply #753733 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't this an inevitability? As the stakes in your personal job increase, the balance tips away from the inclination to represent your country. There's the 82-game grind even with "load management", extended playoffs format, and teams are looking to eke out every advantage they can with strategy and health and so on. I guess there are people who feel a great deal of national pride and that this irks them, but it seems an increasingly odd thing to be fussed about to me.

Reply #753865 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The bet i took on the Serbs to win the tourney is looking really good now!

Any idea who is guarding Jokic?

Reply #754133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754