Kings:

Ware
Lisch
Newley
Moller
Bogut

Cairns:

????

Who looks the goods and who has the weakest. I think Brisbane and Melbourne have the best starting 5 with Phoenix the weakest perhaps...

Topic #45623 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix the weakest, they have 1 of the best except for unknown benson.

Reply #753892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix by far the worst. Especially without Creek...

Reply #753893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But they do have him.

Reply #753895 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Re: the Breakers Scotty Hopson is a SG/SF.

Reply #753896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure alias has thought this through.

Reply #753897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns atm

Machado
Djeric
Noi
Oliver
Jawai

Reply #753898 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

At this point, I'd say that United should be the strongest out of the blocks. But we know Barlow can't last the season, so what do they do then. But still a formidable line-up, and probably good enough to manage Barlow's time and carry him for the season.

Sydney "Must" be looking for an import PF. Otherwise signing Tate makes little sense. Lisch and Newley are getting on, but will still be great for the minutes they play (and they now have plenty of depth around those roles with Tate and Didi(?).)

Hawks too many unknowns to speculate at this point. Not even sure who will be their starting five. Squad still strike me as unbalanced, and I reckon calls for the 3rd import will start early.

SEM, yeah, hard to say until we see their imports in action.

Reply #753899 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Going by the OP Cairns have weakest five.
I think Martin will start for Perth initially although I would expect Norton to play more minutes.

Reply #753900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Sydney starting five looks strong, all good defensively as well with scoring power. Sydney bench with Tate and Didi looks good as well. I could see Newley also playing a bit four. Moller to have breakout season.
Melbourne look good, not cert McCarron is a better option in the two than Goulding. Could see Prather moving to the four and McCarron to three and Barlow to bench.
Perth look the best and still got Martin coming off bench. They still look favourites to me.
Brisbane look strong if they can find consistency, Cadee off the bench could be useful despite the knockers.

The rest are all capable of playing finals if they get wins on the board early.

Reply #753915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the Hawks there is to many unknowns but my opinion after the year Coenraad had last year in the 4 that he won't be playing 3. Blanchfield will start in 3, Anderston will start in the 4 with Boone in the 5. For the guards I reckon Brooks will go 2 with Narr in the 1.
If Brooks starts in 1 then who knows, but one thing for sure that Ball isn’t starting. Between Grida, Dech, Narr or Glover one of the them will start but who knows, depends on the chemistry?

Reply #753987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very dissppointed this year with the rosters, thought there would be more talent.
Many teams were a lot better last few seasons.

Reply #753988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very dissppointed this year with the rosters, thought there would be more talent.
Many teams were a lot better last few seasons.
How can you realistically judge until we see imports play?

Reply #754042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, I meant aus talent specifically.

Reply #754045 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Good chance Webster & Abercrombie come off the bench for Shamir.

Hampton / Weeks
Import / Webster
Hopson / Abercrombie / Ngatai
Delany / Vodanovich
Import / Loe

NZ have agreed to terms with both imports and another local player and are awaiting clearance from the NBL apparently.
Hopefully we should find out who the remaining players are in the next few days.

With three new imports and a player who is projected to be drafted in the top 5 next year along with a rising Delany expected to start we'll have to wait and see how they'll go to pass judgement.
Just as many question marks over how their new highly credentialed coach will go.

Reply #754171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754