Anon
Years ago

Jo Lual-Acuil Released from Israel Contract

Reports in israel say he was released from his contract.

Was on loan in the 2nd division last year. Averaged 16.6 pts and 10.5 reb, and lost in the 2nd division finals series.

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/YuvalZait/status/1158654135627145217

Suited up for Melbourne United against CBU Lancers, had 17pts/6rebs/2blks. Chances we could see him in the NBL this year? He is 25 so can't be signed as a DP. With the retirement of Jervis at the Taipans, this has opened up a space for a back up big. Would like to see him end up in CNS. Would also be great moment for the South Sudan Australian Community to have Noi/Deng/Lual-Acuil on the court at the same time.

Topic #45649 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly reckon he's starting quality. Not going to create his own scoring but he is an athletic finisher, can hit the 3, and can drive and score off hard closeouts. Defensively big time shot blocker and also really mobile.

Would like to see him split C mins with Kawai, I agree.

Reply #754505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please please Sydney kings sign him, great PF and better backup centre then Jordan hunter

Reply #754508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado / Kenny / Dufelmeier(DP)
Newbill / Djeric / Kernich-Drew
Noi / Jurlina / Mayen(DP)
Oliver / Deng / Krslovic
Jawai / Acuil / Mccarthy(DP)

Best result for Cairns I think with what's available...

Reply #754514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would prefer better import to newbill but I'm just going off nbl tracker.

Reply #754516 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd like to see him at Cairns too, the while South Sudanese connection is quite unique and I hope it is a massive success

Reply #754517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarthy has signed in Holland

Reply #754518 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^ You do realise that's 12 Contracted Players right? Unless I missed something, aren’t NBL teams supposed to have 11 fully contracted players?

I predict the depth chart would look more like:
PG - Machado*/Kenny
SG - Newbill*/Djeric
SF - Noi/DKD
PF - Oliver*/Deng/Krslovic
C - Jawai/Lual-Acquil
*Imports

Potential DP’s??
- Blagojevic
- Dufelmeier
- Mayen
- Wigness

Potential Next Stars??
- Jaylen Hands (PG)
- Jontay Porter (C)
- Kenton Martin Jr (PF)

Reply #754519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd give a full contract to jurlina or Pozoglou over dk at sf.

Wigness I think has been set at too young, must be born 01 or older. You’d be getting Giddey and king etc as DPs or next stars also if that was the case.

Jois would have been better over Krslovic too.

Machado / Kenny / Dufelmeier*
Import / Djeric / NS
Noi / Jurlina / Mayen*
Oliver / Deng / Krslovic
Jawai / Acuil / DP*

Reply #754520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's playing pre season games for Melbourne wouldn't that suggest they are in the box seat to sign him?

Reply #754528 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Hooley is doing media work for United and is wearing united gear, does that mean they are in the box seat to (re)sign him too?

I think Lucas Walker fills United's last local spot. Lual-Acuil will obviously be looking for the right price, but also has to make a decision if he wants to be stuck behind an NBL Second Team, potential MVP player in Long, or get share great minutes in Cairns behind Jawai.

Reply #754529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good point. Splitting time with Jawai would be a no-brainer if you wanted an opportunity. Never keeps serious and steady minutes.

Reply #754578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Walker got anything left, injured a lot last season, would be a good fit at Melbourne though.

Reply #754584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754