Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Preliminary Final

Huge games Saturday night at Wayville.

How they got here
Norwood have come from 5th taking advantage of an under manned Southern side at Morphett Vale and then producing a huge come from behind win in the last ever PL game at the Launchpad against the Rockets.

Forestville had an OT victory against the Rockets at home, then travelled to Mount Gambier and hung with the Pioneers for a while, before falling away towards the end.

Key players
James Legan has cooled a little since a hot start to the season and hasn't reached the heights of his all star 5 year last year. However he did have some key moments against Southern and on his night is the most explosive shooter in the league.

Possibly too obvious but Majok Deng is the key for Forestville. While his numbers look decent, anyone watching could see he was limited last game. If he's at full fitness he is a matchup nightmare for the Flames.

X-Factors
Norwoods starting five do the heavy lifting, sometimes to the detriment of the team, but I actually think their key here is Moultrie. Has played important minutes in both finals games so far, yet only saw 2 minutes in the pervious encounter against Forestville. A proven scorer, his ability to defend someone (anyone) will be the key to him staying on court and having an impact on the game.

Young gun Michael Harris had a game to forget on Saturday, shooting 1/10 for 2 points. He's a better player than that and has shown he's capable of torching teams when he gets going. Time for the young fella to show his worth in a big game.

Prediction
Norwood are feisty, well drilled and have championship chops. They've proven capable of beating teams that boast more individual talent on their night and have also shown an ability to look second rate against quality opposition. They'll give this a red hot crack but ultimately fall short against a superior team looking to avenge last years grand final loss.

Eagles by 9.

In the women, I heard Mount Gambier had a huge comeback of their own to defeat Eastern. This makes for a great double header down at Wayville on Saturday so rug up, bring your mates and pack out the gym.

Topic #45656 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have Basketball SA got a secondary stadium on stand-by with the rain looking likely?

Reply #754770 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

I believe the backup stadium will be TSA should Wayville be underwater.
They can play the games on centre court with the team benches at the end to replicate reserves and U23's. Oh, and have half the lights switched off too

Reply #754778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously not much to say about the women which is a shame. I think a key factor is who's refing the games as well. If it was anything like the Gambier game last Saturday night there might be a brawl to watch as they lost control of the game and made some absolute shocker calls like the double foul where Teys had Rathjen in a head lock and dragged him. In no way should Rathjen get an unsportsmanlike call on that play.

Durant should have been blasted for that decision.

Reply #754808 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Sounds like the reffing in the Mount last weekend was on a par with that at Pasadena.

Reply #754811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry I don't follow the women’s league so to try to give any insight or predictions would be worthless.

Would love for somebody to write up a preview on the women’s game either in this thread or in one of its own.

Nothing at all against the women’s league, it sounds like it’s been really competitive this year, I just can’t do it any justice with my limited knowledge.

Reply #754827 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Be the typical didn't see anything. Sit down shut up that's your warning. No accountability.
But seriously this weather keeps up wayville will surely leak. Is deny fit. Heard has soreness. Will cairns take the risk.

Reply #754866 | Report this post

Marc  
Years ago

They were patching up court one today lol, pretty sure court 2 was leaking on the far side and across most baselines (not good for players or spectators). They're tryna bandaid it, they’ll need a long term solution.

Reply #754891 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Junior games (Saturday morning) scheduled for Wayville being moved to other venues.

Reply #754907 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

An email was sent to clubs at 4pm today about rescheduling Friday and Saturday junior games from Wayville to the TSA. See part of it below that relates to the prelim Saturday night.

"As you will be aware we are having roof issues at Wayville during stormy periods. While the Showground Authority are working on possible solutions these will not be in place for the predicted storm period that may impact Friday night and Saturday morning (3 courts). We are told that the PL games scheduled for Ct1 on Saturday evening should be ok as the current work being done is on court 1."

So not sure what they're doing but @should be ok" for Saturday.

Reply #754909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd hope Harris takes some accountability and shows up like a 36er should. Not that that’s much of a bar to reach but has to fire or they’re in trouble.

Reply #754912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville look very beatable, especially if playoff Harris continues to show up & an injured Deng! Mt Gambier women match up nicely with the Eagles, if they start well this one could get ugly. Looking forward to two cracking games on Saturday!

Reply #754936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heres your write up for the womens game:

Reply #754940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^I remember someone saying 'whoever misses fewer layups win'

Sounds about right to be honest.

Reply #754945 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why o why has worked started on roof today. Not like no one knows it leaks. Or games are played there or whatever. Totally amazing. Move games to titanium now.

Reply #754952 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is Durant the ref that called Teys a flopper at the north game?

Reply #754953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he got a call right! Should have added in whinger! Perhaps he didn't enjoy teys constantly placing his hand on his arse.

Reply #754984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he got a call right! Should have added in whinger! Perhaps he didn't enjoy teys constantly placing his hand on his arse.

Reply #754985 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Show me an umpire who doesn't like it and I’ll show you a liar. Rarest units in sports.

Reply #754988 | Report this post

BetTheFavourite  
Years ago

Deng looked to be struggling against Mount last week. Does anyone know how he was moving at 36ers camp?

Reply #755040 | Report this post

Annoz  
Years ago

Hey BetTheFavourite. I doubt Deng was at 36ers camp as he now plays for Cairns. I guess we'll all find out Saturday how he's moving.

Reply #755045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#988 and you know this how?

Reply #755049 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

BSA have known for years Wayville leaks, now a Preliminary final is going to be affected. Seriously BSA,you should hold your heads in shame. Heads should roll over this embarrassment. Move it to ARC

Reply #755055 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Be absolute farce if game is rain affected.

Reply #755065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel a Saturday night final at TSA - free entry peeps - - - but how much money will Eagles loose in bar/canteen/entry, etc...heads should roll!

I'm sure TSA will be blanket and beanie ready, romantic lighting and lack-luster atmosphere.

Reply #755071 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles responsible too. Juniors getting bumped.

Reply #755072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you figure?

Reply #755080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it Forestvilles responsibility to fix the roof when it's a BSA run venue that BSA themselves rent off the show grounds?

Reply #755082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA have no $$ which means they don't employ the right people. The organisation is and has been awful for years, I don't know what people expect! I pity any club that call a BSA run facility their home. A sad reflection of the current state of the game in this state.

Reply #755098 | Report this post

Live baby live  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the games will be live streamed?

Reply #755099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game will be live streamed by BSA and internal roof is in place in case it rains . Showgrounds
To the rescue

Reply #755102 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Forrstville should have been proactive in requesting action.

Reply #755103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know they weren't?

Reply #755104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#098, totally agree.

BSA's administration of PL just very poor in so many ways.

They appear to exist in a culture where, not very good is good enough.

PL:
programming poor,

stadium management not up to scratch,

refereeing often poor and always inconsistent,

Scorebench quality variable at best - how would the season stats hold up to a proper audit?,

One club allowed to continue to get away with an inappropriate playing culture,

Need to demonstrate greater leadership in generating overall improvement of the league.

Reply #755105 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles always get what they want. So obviously nil pressure.

Reply #755107 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles gd at finding loop holes mean roof holes

Reply #755110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm sure the Eagles don’t want to play a cut throat Final at Wayville and would rather it moved to a neutral venue. Some of you warriors make me giggle.

Reply #755112 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Inappropriate playing culture?

Reply #755114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's an internal roof? Isn't it called a ceiling

Reply #755122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

inappropriate playing culture is i got my butt handed to me multiple times because i am extremely soft, so i get on hoops and sook about it

Reply #755123 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Do you honestly think Forestville haven't been pushing for the roof to be fixed for years? You think they’re alright with it leaking unless an important games coming up?

Reply #755136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Internal roof = tarps to Chanel the water away from playing surface

Reply #755139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last minute word from eagles coach, apparently dj is able to play because of past membership with the club and a technicality of injury on the roster so eagles will be hard to deal with now.

Reply #755181 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Total disgrace if DJ plays. Surely not. How Can BSA fall for that- gullible.

Reply #755182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've also heard that Carmello Anthony has signed a 2 week contract with Forestville. Expect a good battle tonight!

Reply #755183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently dean has taken the position as head coach at Norwood, due to Norwood coach family emergency.
He has managed to secure the entire all star nba team for tonight's game.
Unfortunately he won’t be able to afford anything ever again, but it’s worth it for a premiership.

Reply #755186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wait.. my sources have just clarified All-Star roster arrival. However, due to torrential downfall, game has been postponed to next season. Thanks for coming fellas..

Reply #755187 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

hey anyone got any groceries or blankets they dont want?

Reply #755190 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And yes. I do. Have mental. Problems.

Reply #755193 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seriously is DJ suiting up under the blue tarps of wayville. Doesn't get any better than this.
No harping please we are tarping.

Reply #755195 | Report this post

Michael Jordan  
Years ago

hey everyone!
any spare spots for forestville? feel like filling in

Reply #755199 | Report this post

Live baby live  
Years ago

Link to live stream for tonight anyone? Thanks in advance

Reply #755213 | Report this post

Eagles No 1 Fam  
Years ago

I can't wait to watch the grand final this week as Mount Gambier shouldn't be in our league and have ruined it

Reply #755221 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well they are. Enjoy.

Reply #755242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the league or at least forestville bring in a dress code for coaches, Andy in his Jorts and Rashad in God knows what just look like a bunch of homeless guys.

Reply #755268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the two knobs commentating stop quoting hoops posts, it's embarrassing for them

Reply #755271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Whitmore in commentary giving coaching tips??? About all he's good for is dribbling shit. Love his claim about discovering Harris in 20s.
He's probably amazed that teams don't play zone most of game.

Reply #755273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well it's clear Benito Carbone and Scott Whitmore visit hoops regularly. A few hoops thoughts have surfaced during the livestream...

Reply #755275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee glad this isn't the gf, thankfully mt gambier are in to make it interesting

Reply #755277 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Webber feeling hard done by making 300% of the contact. And people call Teys a flopper haha suck shit idiot

Reply #755281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After this season surely it's time for the Webbers to call it quits. Well and truly past their use by dates!

Reply #755282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two Webbers on the team, their Dad on the team bench (manager?) and older brother (club Pres) standing behind the bench watching every move.

Easy to see who's in charge. Has there ever been a coach with less say than Rogers?

The Webbers are toxic enough when there's just one, but four?

Reply #755285 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Reply #755286 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Shooters ankles are praying for Webber retirements

Reply #755287 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Battle of the budgets ?????
Mt Gambier is a solid team with great community support. Teams from Adelaide are subsidised to travel to play in Mt Gambier. Could that be where the budget goes Mr Commentator !

Reply #755290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta put the pipe down if you don't believe mount Gambier has a big budget compared to others, so much they can subsidise teams to travel. Good luck to them but wakeup sunshine. Hell, their takings last week alone would nearly beat some teams budget.

Reply #755292 | Report this post

Elitist twat  
Years ago

Crap commentary . Blue collar country boy ?
Derogatory and inappropriate . And unbelievably you had to repeat it .
De Witt - great game, great player !

Reply #755293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't work out which is worse, Whitmore coaching or commentating? Hope you read that Scotty.

Reply #755295 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Pioneers pay for travel by charging four times what everyone else does. Imagine charging three times more than what the grand final will cost to get into. Be a good game though.

Reply #755296 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Full credit to Norwood on stellar season. Took it up to bigger budget clubs. Have surely made north and tigers reassess squads. Eagles depth minus deny and teys also.questionable. flamethrowers be a force next season. Tough tough group with solid core.

Reply #755300 | Report this post

Team Mate  
Years ago

You mean dirty? Sneaky? Cowardly?

Reply #755301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beating team missing league MVP and thenthe biggest chokers in history of league. And an aging lineup that spent on Brine, Legan and Moultrie has a bright future. Hmm, OK.

Reply #755302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, bigger budget clubs?
You're joking, surely?

I'd say the future for Norwood is the opposite of bright. No juniors getting minutes. A bunch of guys on the bench who wouldn't get a game at a lot of other clubs. A dysfunctional set up where the coach is a puppet.

You Norwood people sure are different, but on the plus side, you give us all a good laugh.

Reply #755304 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Suck on that you "VICTIM CRUNTS" Let's Go Eagle’s!

Reply #755307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty good drunken potty mouths by the WAG's on the sideline too

Reply #755308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#300 clearly has no idea what Norwood's budget is, or other clubs' for that matter. Legan paid handsomely, Norwood outbid plenty of clubs for their players but only Brine joined, $$$ wasn't enough to keep Stanbridge in a bad situation there, and consecutive years with a poor choice of 2nd import. Norwood's budget is plenty big: RoJo and the Webbers just have recruiting issues.

Reply #755310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Norwood were not influenced by Webbers they'd get a import point and big, move Lycett to 2 and Brine to 3 or 4. Maybe D Webber to start but not ideal. Give Long more minutes and put A Webber to bench. But that will never happen with setup they have or puppet coach. Have young guys on bench that should be in 23s. Had good reserves team a couple of years ago but all gone now because of lack of time and when Rojo headed up 23s and played his favourites. Couple of years and they'll wish they had easterns talent!
Look what's happened to women and girls program.

Reply #755312 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles holding themselves up as righteousness. Look in the mirror. You too have your elite powerbrokers and rule benders. Don't bag Norwood for their spend. Far far more stable core group. Eagle cupboard is remarkably bare.

Reply #755322 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How is Forestvilles core not stable? Three juniors in the starting five and going to sign Mays for pennies again because no other club will try and sign him with all those off-court issues despite the season he's just had.

Reply #755323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoops really needs a laugh react, just for Anon 322.

Reply #755328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Move Lycett to the 2? He'd he torched on drives by quick SG’s. Move Brine to the 3? Got to be able to string 5 dribbles together first to play the wing.

Reply #755333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well those 2 are the only assets Norwood have, although Brine can bolt for a paycheck anywhere and Lycett has dropped of significantly the last 3 years. The point is that the Webbers are hamstringing the club, both aren't credible starters anymore but ego won't bring in what's needed. The Moultrie signing would have been mates rates and whilst his finals were good he wasn't effective during year. If they had proper big man inside in the post it would have spaced floor. Legan took away shots from Lycett, part of his fall. Get a good combo guard and big and they'll be better but that will never happen.
As for bench, shown that top teams concentrate on 6 players but no One on that bench is any good. Players that would be contributing now are way gone because of splinters on bench.

Reply #755335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha anon 333
Lycett is one of the premiere perimeter defenders in the league. What lightning fast SG's are you referring to?
And Brine has played 3 in league much higher than this one. He played 5 this year because they had one one! (Refused to play anyone)

Reply #755341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe a couple of years ago mate but not anymore. He's lost a step but still very good. Can you show me some footage of Brine credibly playing the 3 because in college he was a 4/5 just like he was in our league this season... as he was the previous year at Southern.

Reply #755347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brine played 3 with Turnage 4 and Mays 5.

He's been more effective this year playing closer to the rim.

Reply #755353 | Report this post

peakedtooearly  
Years ago

Lets be real here for a second, Forestvilles team is stacked more so then norwoods. are we going to suggest that a team that starts D webber ahead of BEMO going to be successful against Forestville?

Brine can play 3,4 and 5 at a high level in this league. the guy played pro in spain, to say he cant string 5 driblles is utter blasphomey and you need to be baptised.

can we all take a moment and recognise how valuable Matt Long was in the last quarter. his minutes were so productive, he surely needs to take minutes away from D webber.

I would not be surprised if that entire norwood team was blown up. lycett, legan, brine and couple young guns should looks else where if they want to enjoy basketball. everyone in the crowd talks about the cancer within norwood. how does everyone just keep playing along like it doesnt exist? there must be someone with a back bone in that club that will call out bullshit when they see it.

Reply #755356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brine and Legan will look elsewhere to where the money is like usual.

Reply #755359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't fathom why old man Webber is assistant except to babysit the boys. Have 3 other assistants, why is he no longer manager except to control them.
Norwood talked about the new blood coming onto committee, just see the usual surnames.

Reply #755360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't play the 3 at southern? Haha are you suggesting Greg Mays was running the 3? Haha
I agree he’s been good inside this year. i would argue that is also due to him seeing the ball more..
He played 3 in Spain the year before he came back to play for southern. Unless you have some facts or understand basketball, stay in your basement and maybe take 5 from the keyboard

Reply #755361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did he leave Southern?

If it is money who has the money to pay for him if he moves from Norwood? The only other club left is Forestville!!

Reply #755362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood are fucked if they don't fix the Webber problem...
Nobody wants to play with them.

When you have Daniel starting and playing 30+ minutes on average and being a total bag of shit.

You need to question what the hell theyre thinking.

Daniels dad has his finger up the coaches chocolate starfish and the team pays for it.

Reply #755365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know exactly what they're thinking. Hire a puppet coach who won't upset the Webbers, give them what they want, get a Webber as president and other supporters on board so nothing can happen. Love him or hate him, KB didn't put up with their shit, left after a year. Paid big money for players to come in so they can win and they hate playing with them. Have spoken to various parents about their unhappiness there, asked if they voted at AGM, they didn't so I just say it's half there fault. Rojo needs to go but he's entrenched as whatever they're calling coaching director.

Reply #755366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He actually would've been happy staying at southern but had no choice due to their financial crisis. I believe he also moved well north of the city!

Reply #755368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No choice? Taking less money is a choice, but geographically is a good reason.

Reply #755371 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Looking like southern trouble next season no money. North and Norwood unhappiness. Eagles to continue along merrily.

Reply #755375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Lol

Reply #755377 | Report this post

obviously everyone in the league except my favourite team are trash and all the players that i dont like are garbage

Reply #755407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles to hopefully fall short again.
Will Deano jump (figuratively speaking), job opening at Sturt. He can show his true coaching genius without a huge budget.
Expect them to be around bottom half of they even survive.

Reply #755408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Rigoni has been announced as Sturt coach.

Reply #755414 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

there are too many Webber's at Norwood and their extended family most of them filling the benches behind the premier league players on sat night. Whether they run the show or not it is not a good look and is damaging to the Club right down to he juniors. Nothing critical can be said as they all protect each other the Club needs to take a serious look at themselves.

Reply #755446 | Report this post

peakedtooearly  
Years ago

^^^ Lets see if anyone within the ranks has the balls to say something. This kind of thing doesnt belong in any sport at any level.

Reply #755548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheres it going to end up though? Rojos a puppet so won't do anything, the committee is stacked with pro Webbers, the president is a Webber ffs. The only way to change is at the AGM, vote in change. But if you show rebellion as a parent be prepared for your kid to play lower divs.

Reply #755550 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If it such a concern then surely members will respond. Obviously it's not apart from outsiders stirring shit. Committee President voted in by majority. So you got a family who bled for the flames. How is that a bad thing. Prefer that then the club hoppers. Admire their loyalty and passion. If such a problem and your at Norwood get involved. Might actually realise that all too hard so don't knock the webbers because they not frighten of hard work. They got runs on the board. No johnny come latelys and snipers. So easy to sook or is it a jealous issue that you got told truth from one of the webbers. No issues with straight shooters.

Reply #755572 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What a ridiculous comment don't confuse loyalty and passion with control and ego.

Reply #755578 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

It is a credit to the Webber family that they are so committed and invested in the Club what the previous posts are alluding to is that it is a conflict of interest to have president, Vice President, secretary all related regardless of integrity it seems inappropriate given the number of other candidates that could be available for these roles.

Reply #755582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Question is, would the Webbers be playing as much if there wasn't a puppet as coach and them controlling the committee? Maybe a vested interest.

Reply #755598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need checks and balances. Not the only club with this issue.

Reply #755600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think any current player should be on the committee, that’s a conflict of interest.

Reply #755602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Explain exactly how that's a conflict of interest.

Since we're throwing out random phrases: Norwood needs a double disillusion.

Reply #755621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Explanation : Ok committee, we are hiring a new coach. 2 applicants, one a puppet that wont make waves and B, a tough new coach who is looking to develop young players and bring fresh blood in. Won't take shit. As a committee who are you voting for.
Committee : Puppet please so I can keep my minutes.

Reply #755663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who was the other candidate?

Reply #755667 | Report this post

Mojo  
Years ago

Sorry I thought the puppet you were referring to was an elf?

Reply #755668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is that any different to a parent on the committee. It's junior sports everyone has a conflict.

Reply #755676 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It is completely different what a dumb thing to say

Reply #755682 | Report this post

Team Mate  
Years ago

Norwood typically play with a niggly, physical style?

A bit working class in character?

Where does the money, education, administrative skills etc sit in the PL?

Forrestville and Sturt appear to be the aspirational blue bloods?

What of the other eight?

Most seem to be based in lower socio economic areas?

Is it as simple as the two eastern suburbs and the eight battlers? Which clubs bring strong administrators and high ambitions?

BA seem to be wanting the state leagues to be the pathways to the NBL.

But is PL anywhere near strong / deep enough to be a genuine alternative to College or the Vic nbl1?

And if not, how does it close the gap?

Reply #755722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm what?
Norwood is flush with cash as are the people involved. It's the opposite of a working class environment. WTF are you talking about?

Reply #755734 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Norwood make to preminlary final and you bagging the coach for minutes given to certain players. Think need to consider the results. Think most would have thought maybe top 5 team not top 3. Almond you want players cut. Would still.top 3. Got no idea. That's why they do so well.they play for the club. Pride passion commitment effort. No Sixers ring ins. No twisting rules. Straight up max. Performance.

Reply #755736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly English isn't one of their strengths either

Reply #755748 | Report this post

Team Mate  
Years ago

Or the CoE, if lucky enough to get a spot.

Just surprised that the Flames parents don't arc up?

Reply #755755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" No Sixers ring ins."

Not for a lack of trying.

Reply #755756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, beat a team without best player in league and a team that's the biggest chockers of all time. They limp into playoffs, lucky to make it where they did.

Reply #755758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Limp into playoffs before coming back from 20 down at the end of the third quarter to lose by 4 to a fully fit Forestville.

Reply #755761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a knockout final it doesn't matter if you lose by 4 or 40! You still lost!

Reply #755762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. Hardly limped though. Typical Hoops poster completely failing basic reading comprehension.

Reply #755768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats Lauren Gibbons on another ressies MVP. A baller and a beauty!

Reply #755775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I read fine. Norwood lost. The margin is irrelevant. A late run when Forestville had put the cue in the rack. And as a club, didn't really lose classy. On the court or in the front row.

Reply #755776 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Classy. That's a compliment from the cheateagles.

Reply #755779 | Report this post

Norwood  
Years ago

Webbers get off hoops and start doing some work around our club

Reply #755783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put the cue in the rack? Starters played 40 minutes.

Reply #755786 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Parent on the committee vs

Parent, uncle, brother, wife of coaching director.

Reply #755794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone wants to cut down Norwood, the best all round club in the state

Reply #755825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys can we please stop picking on the Webber's before they threaten legal action again thanks

Reply #755840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sports towels all over the eastern suburbs will breathe a sigh of relief this saturday as they can rest after a rough season of being waved by norwood bench scrubbers

Reply #755849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the best all round club in the state"

...based on?

Reply #755851 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So pathetic this piss weak Norwood hate. Non achievers trying to seek some type of glory. Who gives a rat's toss bag about towel wavers. Boring like you...

Reply #755854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's enough Andrew, thank you.

Reply #755856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Norwood are looking for coaches/players and support staff only criteria is you have to either be a Webber or do whatever they say #40minutesforwebber #12%fg

Reply #755886 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone seriously must have be towelled up big time. Every club loves the loyalist. The bled for the club types. Give time and time again. Heart and soul types. All clubs need more of these souls. Continue to.be front and centre and proud.

Reply #755889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone loves bleed FOR club. Not bleed THE club.

Reply #755891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rigby Alphabet headed to South for big $$$ heard it here first. Unhappy with his move to Sturt apparently wants to beat Mavs on both occasions next year.

Reply #755926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rig and Seb Vozzo package deal is the word!

Reply #755955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do South now charge players to play for them?

Reply #755965 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Miserable ife you lead. Get thee to a nunnery.

Reply #755988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you go to South if you wanted to win games?

Reply #756008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the big dollars and great coaching, just ask Jonnek how great it is there. Suppose he didn't have to put up with crashing out of finals since they had no chance of making it (insert meme)

Reply #756023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being at South is a lifestyle, just not a very good one. With Captain Petty at the helm anything could happen.

Reply #756028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754