Isaac
Years ago

Argentina wear wrong colour uniforms, forced to forfeit

Argentina's women’s basketball team had to forfeit their match against Colombia at the Pan American Games on Wednesday after they wore the wrong colour uniforms. The penalty means they can no longer advance to the medal rounds.

The Argentinians were supposed to wear white jerseys as the nominal away team but came on to the court in Lima in blue, the same color as Colombia. They had 15 minutes to correct the mistake but could not find the right shirts in time, and Colombia were awarded a walkover 20-0 victory. Argentina had lost their opening match of the tournament against the United States.

The embarrassing blunder prompted the resignation of the country’s women’s basketball development director Karina Rodriguez and Argentina’s team leader, Hernan Amaya. "It’s one of the saddest moments of my career," Araya said. “I take full responsibility for what happened.”
Source

Topic #45668 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have packed bibs. But seriously pretty bad. I wonder if Columbia played to the letter of the law or if they could have arranged a way for game to take place like allowing longer to get uniforms or if they had alternate uniforms themselves. Or did officials take it out of their hands.

Reply #755143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rules are rules

Reply #755150 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Shit, that sucks.

But seriously, how does something like that not get properly communicated?

Reply #755159 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #755162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Internal scrimmage

Reply #755165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754