ALIAS
Years ago

Players pay?

Don't ask me how I got these, I was able to find a few out...

Trimble (450k)
Sobey (3yr 1.1 million)
Cotton (500k)
Long (450K)
Goulding (350k)
McCarron (300k)
Kay (300k)

Do know United have spent the most money and the Sixers have spent the least...

Topic #45672 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is on $735k, what a joke thread this is.

Reply #755220 | Report this post

ALIAS  
Years ago

Wrong.

Reply #755222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Bogut in his original press conference said he was on $500g season plus 10% of the business in shares per year. Kings would be worth some where between 5 to 10 million, so over two seasons that's a nice pay packet.

Reply #755223 | Report this post

ALIAS  
Years ago

Goulding was on significantly more before his deal in 2018; United pay him 350k a year.

Reply #755224 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That all looks above pretty much as I would've expected.

Anon, Bogut's actually on $1 million a year at the Kings. I only found that out recently when someone on here mentioned it I misremembered a very different figure so found a newspaper article about the initial signing announcement and yep it said they're paying him $1 million per year on the 2 year deal.

Reply #755226 | Report this post

ALIAS  
Years ago

Anyone know what Daniel Johnson would be on? Surely he is paid fairly well? Melb and Perth would have had a crack at him with big offers. Sixers prob matched...

Reply #755227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patterson would be on 450,000 plus

Reply #755228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever Johnson is getting is to much

Reply #755229 | Report this post

Catswerld  
Years ago

I can only assume that these are something like the "assessed" value of contracts?

Cos I can tell you for an absolute fact that Cotton is not on anywhere near that as a salary.
It might be close to what they assess his package to be worth. Although seems a bit high.

Kay's is also too high, but not by as much, possibly because as a "local" he doesn't get as many packaged benefits.

Reply #755230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings would be worth some where between 5 to 10 million, so over two seasons that's a nice pay packet."

Kestelman was trying to United for $10mill. What a joke and the Bullets for $5mill.
So many anonymous posts without any knowledge yet again.

Reply #755231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hampton is on 1.25 million.

Reply #755232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM:
Mitch Creek gets paid around 180,000.
Their import John Roberson is on around 220,000
A role player like Adnam or Trist are on around 80,000.

Reply #755233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek made the biggest mistake ever signing for SEM if he is only making 180,000

Reply #755234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think read on another forum that Creek is on 3yrs 1,5 million

Reply #755235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What other forum?

Reply #755236 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Catswerld, Before signing this current 3 year deal Cotton was on $600K the previous season, first full season at Perth. To get a 3 year contract he would've had to take a pay cut $500K or thereabouts sounds right.

At the time Nick Kay signed with Perth it was reported to be $300K a year on a 3 year deal, perhaps a touch of an overpay at the time but they would've needed to do that to get him across.

Anon, at the time of Mitch Creek's initial signing with SEM it was reported to be a 3 year deal for $1.6 million. If they only offered him $180K per year he would be back at the 36ers he was on more than that here before adding ex-NBA player to his resume.

Reply #755237 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It was another thread on here:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/45660-the-mitch-creek-thread/#p754853

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/45660-the-mitch-creek-thread/#p755216

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/45660-the-mitch-creek-thread/#p755217

Three different sets of figures - who's right?

Reply #755238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah Alias you're wrong. Don’t ask me how I know but I do! $735,174 per year before tax.

Reply #755239 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Boti Nagy reported Goulding was on $400K a year at United on his previous contract that expired in 2018. No way after winning the title and likely being convinced to take a slight pay cut to help the team defend it's title would they have given him $735K per almost doubling what he was on in his prime, no way.

That figure would be total over the life of his current 2 year deal that expires after this season.

Reply #755243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding franchise player for Tas NBL team?

Reply #755244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White $370k + vehicle (2 years)

Reply #755245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam should be charged with fraud if he is on $80k. Never heard so much bullshit.

Reply #755246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If ALIAS knows that these salaries are true, why did he write the thread title as a question?

Reply #755248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they only offered him $180K per year he would be back at the 36ers he was on more than that here
That surprises me. Wasn't his last contract with the 36ers signed before he really proved himself as one of the better Australian players in the league? Might be wrong because I haven't followed in closely in a while, but I wouldn't have thought there was anyone in Adelaide above $200k in recent years. They tended to re-sign and extend players without seeming to face extreme competition from the big spenders.

Reply #755249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creeks such a good player he can't even get on the boomers team

Reply #755254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slow bb news night?
Must be cold in vic for the NBL1 games tonight

Reply #755257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man I remember when good imports got paid $150k'ish. Thats why there needs to be a salary cap. Chump players now getting way above what they should ever be paid because we now have a soft cap FFS.

Reply #755288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the bottom 5 figure.
I worked it out between 560 and 600K.
Am I close?

Reply #755291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All we know:

Trimble (450k)
Sobey (3yr 1.1 million)
Cotton (500k)
Cadee (450k)
Long (450K)
Goulding (350k)
McCarron (300k)
Kay (300k)
White (370k)
Adnam (80k)

Reply #755297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

uniteds budget would have to be over 2.2 million

Reply #755299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide get what they pay for lol.
Spend big to get more like Melbourne and Sydney.
Adelaide enjoy mediocrity it seems.

Reply #755303 | Report this post

Team Mate  
Years ago

If Toughie is on $370k at the 6ers, I'm turning in my membership.

He must be something special in that locker room.

Reply #755315 | Report this post

Catswerld  
Years ago

Catswerld, Before signing this current 3 year deal Cotton was on $600K the previous season, first full season at Perth.

No, he wasn't.

And unlike the OP, I'll tell you how I know.
I know, both professionally and socially, the accountants at the Wildcats.

As a general rule, I shouldn't and don't divulge this information, but I can't stand people making incorrect and exaggerated claims.

I can further tell you, and this may really surprise you, that generally when people on this forum talk about money, they are talking out of their ass.

What people need to appreciate is that not everybody chases maximum dollars.
The Wildcats have rarely if ever paid top dollar. The list of players who have been offered more money to play elsewhere is long. But its also why they have lost some favourites along the way. This is still the house that Nick built with Jack's money and neither was a dummy. They figured out long ago that trying to pay top dollar for individual players was never going to work particularly not in the era of a semi-enforced cap. They concentrate primarily on players who want to be part of something and in the long term this pays off for them. I'm not saying they don't spend a lot of money which they clearly do but it is spread across a lot of very good players.
Now I don't know what Kay and Norton were offered elsewhere, but my understanding at the time was that the Wildcats offer to Kay was barely equal to others, and that Norton turned down offers of a starting role.

Reply #755318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he wasn't.

Yes, he was.

Randle, who was playing with Turkish club Bahçesehir after his successful stint with Adelaide last season, will link with Sydney on a one-year deal with an option.

He will be paid approximatley $400,000 this season, making him the NBL's second-highest earner behind star Perth point guard Bryce Cotton ($600,000).

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-sign-jerome-randle-jeremy-tyler-in-bid-to-save-season/news-story/13a688ca2ab9671fd18bf90e64b24097

Reply #755319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware is rumoured to be on $800k I think Melbourne split his money with Trimble and Prather

Reply #755324 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Adelaide get what they pay for lol.
Spend big to get more like Melbourne and Sydney.
Adelaide enjoy mediocrity it seems."

Ummmm... Sydney have played in how many grand finals lately?
Roster balance, player roles and coaching still matter in the NBL.

“And unlike the OP, I'll tell you how I know.
I know, both professionally and socially, the accountants at the Wildcats.”

So... any accountants wanting a career with a pro sports franchise in Perth, just look on Seek in 3, 2, 1.
No professional would dare to release confidential information like that unless they wanted to commit career suicide.

As per usual, a bunch of guesses here, some educated, some not.

Reply #755327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White's $370k is for 2 seasons i.e. $185k a year

Reply #755332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Catswerld

I work for the tax department and I know I shouldn't be let the beans out but you got NFI.

Reply #755334 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I work for the ATO as well, but no more than any responsible tax paying citizen (ok, maybe not so responsible sometimes).

The ATO does use data matching, and can gain approval for more intrusive measures if they have just cause.

I'm pretty confident that no post on hoops purporting to know player salaries has ever been used as evidence in investigating tax dodging. Someone who works in the finance sector might be able to find out income if a player uses their services, but would be risking it to post it here.

It’s simples really:
1. It’s fun to make guesses or get the occasional inside information
2. No one can say for sure whether a number quoted here is a guess or comes from inside information
3. Players have a right to privacy and confidentiality
3. Careers are short and players need to set themselves up as best they can, by both saving/ investing wisely and developing skills for post-ball careers
4. We. Don’t. Know. Player. Salaries. What’s. Wrong. With. That.

Reply #755336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread lacks credibility.

Reply #755339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without a doubt, the worst thread this off season.

Reply #755340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they important comment in the thread was that assessed value and actual salaries are two different things. Apparently it is much better received throughout the league than the points system.

Also, I was told that every Next Stars is flat $100k from league, clubs pay the day-to-day costs and the players are free to earn whatever other money they like outside the club's "cap" thru self-sponsorship, endorsements, agents, etc.

Reply #755342 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

$185k for Kev White, what a steal!

Reply #755348 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm willing to bet that $185K for Kevin White is total for the 2 year contract and someone misheard and assumed it was per year.

Reply #755349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try about 30k a year more for Adnam.

Reply #755351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamelo Ball 800k

Reply #755354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lavar Ball is being paid 100k by Hawks and 1 million by the league. So this would make him close to the highest paid player ever in the NBL

Reply #755363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek is on 500k. He is guaranteed 150k of that even if he uses his out clause. Therefore if he does at somepoint in the season SEM have 350k to find another import.

Reply #755364 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow, I feel like I have a solid grasp on NBL player remuneration now. Thanks everybody, great teamwork!

Reply #755422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754