Anonymous
Years ago

The Brisbane Bullets thread

Sobey in as new starting point guard, Singler and Braun as new imports alongside Patterson.

Frontcourt depth could be their weakness.

I reckon 4th or 5th.

Thoughts guys...

Topic #45718 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Intrigued by Kian Dennis (DP) said to be another promising youngster similar to Luke Travers.

Reply #756042 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

All currentrly preparing for world cup!

Reply #756054 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Judging by Singler's pre-season game he's gonna throw up a lot of shots and miss a whole lot of them. Hopefully its just rust.

Reply #756105 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lemanis at the helm with Sobey as the point guard. What could go wrong?

Reply #756130 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Not roster-related, but baffled the NBL hasn't relented with giving Brisbane 6:30pm games on Friday nights. (yes, aware daylight savings)

I don't mind the move to the new venue, makes sense $$$-wise. The surrounding arterial roads to get there though would easily be top 3 worst in SE QLD, and on Friday they start choking up by about 3pm.

With no trains nearby and the club encouraging patrons to use buses, I suspect the journey will simply be too arduous for many on Fridays, meaning empty seats on telecasts.

Pushing the start time out to at least 7:30pm would have made a reasonable difference to a lot of people.

Reply #756273 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Typical mish-mash of lucky-dip players we see from Brisbane every year. They won't get far.
And yes, their frontcourt will get smashed.

Remains to be seen how competitive will be the Mossad Breakers, Hawks, and Phoenix, and what Joey can pluck out of his hat. Brissy might again make up the numbers in the 4 if all those teams suck, but I would say the odds are against them.

Reply #756323 | Report this post

B-ball  
Years ago

Couldn't agree with you more Ben!

If only there were a train station nearby. That is pretty much the only problem I have with it.

Reply #756390 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Taipans have a similar problem with the 6:30 pm starts. On Fridays people hardly have a chance to get home from work before the game, get the kids ready, etc.

But I guess we just have to put up with daylight saving ruling the NBL.

Reply #756429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if they changed it to 7pm, I'm certain the daylight saving states would be happy with later start and more bbq time, restaurant time before racing home for the basketball.

Reply #756433 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The stubbornness of fixturing having to start at exactly 7:30PM AEDT is baffling and extremely arrogant. Good luck in selling the Bullets LK.

Reply #756439 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Baffling considering the transportation links to the new stadium, and the previous ones.

Reply #756440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754