Aussie
Years ago

Official crowd figure and National tv audience ratings

Anyone know the official crowd figure at RAC Arena last night?

Also, does anyone know the national tv ratings figure on SBS VICELAND last night?

Topic #45732 | Report this topic

Haz  
Years ago

Looked like a healthy sized crowd. Not sure what it was as I can't find any mention of the crowd figure but it looked like around 10,000 from the camera views. Didn't look as big as a Wildcats crowd but certainly not empty either.

Interestingly enough on the BA website, the box score listed the crowd at 3500. Why on earth would they falsely publish that? If you were to put a made up figure, surely you'd make your sport look good and say something like 10,000. BA can be such amateurs sometimes it's frustrating.

Reply #756418 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Game 2 looks like a full house however I wonder how many would be disappointed that both Mills and Bogut are not playing and the NBL guys getting a lot of court time (excluding Bogut who is still a big drawcard)

Seeing Mills, Bogut and Baynes (dnp game 1) would have been a big factor in the high ticket prices and to have them rest is not very fair. And i say that knowing that these are warm up games and managing your best players is important, so this is coming from purely the fans perspective that bought expensive tickets and have been somewhat undersold a product, for those that wanted to see the best players play.

Reply #756496 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Game 2 looks like a full house
Please tell me you're watching on TV and not here at the venue. Bigger than last night but still probably in the 10k ballpark.

Reply #756500 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Reply #756501 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Yes watching on TV. Can see a few scatteted empty blocks but it does look much bigger than game 1. Ok full house not the right term, but near capacity would be more accurate, going by how it looks on TV. Not sure if the 3rd tier is open as its too dark on TV to tell.

Reply #756507 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It is. Left baseline and the upper corners are almost empty though.

Reply #756512 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

10,543 tonight.

Reply #756514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Solid crowd and improved on Friday. I'm guessing the 530 tip off time would've been too difficult for non city workers to get to on Friday hence the smaller number

Reply #756578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754