Anonymous
Years ago

Buying a baskeball

Hi all, I'm buying a basketball for my nephew who plays district in U14's (top age next season).

I cant find what balls they use online.

Can someone please let me know?

Topic #45751 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Spalding TF 1000 size 7.

Buy from Rebel when they have 30% off if possible.

Reply #756962 | Report this post

Charon 93  
Years ago

Buy from Forestville for $100 https://www.forestvilleeagles.asn.au/shop/194/

Reply #756964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 14 is size 6

Reply #756965 | Report this post

In the no!  
Years ago

Just letting you know basketball SA will most likely change back to molten balls before summer season starts. Just hold off

Reply #756967 | Report this post

Annoz  
Years ago

Yes i heard that BSA were going back to Molten. U14's use a size 6 but change to size 7 in U16's so he'll only get a year from a $100+ basketball.
I'd hold off until he moves up to U16's.

Reply #756982 | Report this post

IDM Sports  
Years ago

Just wondering why my post was deleted from this thread?
Thanks IDM Sports

Reply #757072 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

IDM Sports. WTF? Weird. They probably have a sponsorship deal with a sports goods company or didn't want you advertising your business on here for nothing?

Reply #757086 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I am told that Molten require less maintenance with air loss and they tend to last longer than the Spalding.

Reply #757114 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

And we all know how important a factor that is when selecting a ball. Forget bounce, grip, durability, moisture absorption, ... what you really want to look into is whether you'll need to give it a couple of pumps of air every week, or every fortnight.

Reply #757116 | Report this post

Molten it is  
Years ago

Molten to be official basketball in SA. Check out announcement on Basketball SA website only 2 hours ago.

Reply #757117 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

IDM Sports. WTF? Weird. They probably have a sponsorship deal with a sports goods company or didn't want you advertising your business on here for nothing?

That's how it works around here. If you look at the ads on the side or done the bottom from memory there will be such a business. I can't say for sure nowadays though as I used an ad blocker.

Reply #757136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molten is so much nicer to use. soft, grippy with good ribs. Spalding feels light and hard in comparison.

Reply #757235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754